Root for g6?

Search This thread

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
If you like to root it, you need:

1) Unlock the bootloader. Try to do it using the official Motorola website. If you have success, then please comment here.
2) A custom TWRP recovery. At time, no one has compiled it and the kernel sources from Motorola are missing.
3) MagiskSU. After you installed the custom recovery, then you can try to install Magisk. If you have sucess, then you have rooted it.

So, be patient! :)

luiz_neto

Jan 7, 2018
Caruaru

1) Unlock the bootloader. Try to do it using the official Motorola website. If you have success, then please comment here.
2) A custom TWRP recovery. At time, no one has compiled it and the kernel sources from Motorola are missing.
3) MagiskSU. After you installed the custom recovery, then you can try to install Magisk. If you have sucess, then you have rooted it.

I managed to unlock my bootloader, tested on my bike G6 Plus XT1926-7. Unlock the Blootloader as in any other Motorola device.

Custom Recovery TWRP EVERT (https://build.lolinet.com/file/twrp-3.2.1-0-evert.img). Thanks to user ahmed.al
The TWRP works, but it must still be in development. The appliance is partitioned into two A/B partitions. In TWRP you can switch from partition A to B. DON'T DO THAT UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR DEVICE TO BRICK LIKE MINE. Wait for the TWRP to be officially released to tamper with the device.

Reactions: manos78

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
I managed to unlock my bootloader, tested on my bike G6 Plus XT1926-7. Unlock the Blootloader as in any other Motorola device.

Custom Recovery TWRP EVERT (https://build.lolinet.com/file/twrp-3.2.1-0-evert.img). Thanks to user ahmed.al
The TWRP works, but it must still be in development. The appliance is partitioned into two A/B partitions. In TWRP you can switch from partition A to B. DON'T DO THAT UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR DEVICE TO BRICK LIKE MINE. Wait for the TWRP to be officially released to tamper with the device.
Thank you for the info! :good:

If you like to "root" your device, try with MagiskSU:

- Unlock your bootloader (warning: this will erase all your data!).
- Copy the last Magisk install to your internal SD CARD.
- Reboboot to the Custom Recovery (TWRP), without flashing it.
- Inside the TWRP select "install" the Magisk.
- Reboot & check if Magisk is installed and running in your device.

Regards!

DeineMudda111

Apr 20, 2014
I cant unlock bootloader on my xt-1925 -.- i buy it today in germany and i have the correct unlock key, but everytime i have the message on motorolas site: your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking... i need really help!

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
I cant unlock bootloader on my xt-1925 -.- i buy it today in germany and i have the correct unlock key, but everytime i have the message on motorolas site: your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking... i need really help!
Official XT-1925 purchased in GERMANY?
This is worrying! The RETEU really needs to be unlockable, as the law in Europe are very restrictive.

So, please other people with RETEU units: You can get the unlock key from Motorola?

lohanbarth

Hello, I had a lot of motorola version, RETEU or ORAEU and I always managed to unlock it, posted your key from here or sent me by MP. I can unlock it for free, it often comes from too much space.

jekyll86

Feb 16, 2012
Palermo
Hello, I had a lot of motorola version, RETEU or ORAEU and I always managed to unlock it, posted your key from here or sent me by MP. I can unlock it for free, it often comes from too much space.

Hi, I bought a G6 Plus reteu from Amazon Italy, when I put my bootloader code to official motorola unlock tool it says to me "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking". I sent a message to lenovo support forum about this problem and I am waiting for a response.
How are you able to retrieve the code?

mr.7z

May 1, 2017
Hi,
sorry for English

I have a xt 1925-3 retbr and managed to unlock the bootloader normally just like any other,
but the message "bad key" appears each time the phone starts.
But the real problem is that I do not find any TWRP for him and I saw a post from a friend saying that the basic motog has a more annoying encryption system than the plus / play

Last edited:

timelessxiii

Sep 3, 2013
Hi,
sorry for English

I have a xt 1925-3 retbr and managed to unlock the bootloader normally just like any other,
but the message "bad key" appears each time the phone starts.
But the real problem is that I do not find any TWRP for him and I saw a post from a friend saying that the basic motog has a more annoying encryption system than the plus / play
no i also have the bad key on my xt1922-9 and even wrose no data no modem and wont let me flash stock rom ether

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the problem seems to appear for different users.

Please, for users with success/fail... can you write your hardware version and brand? For example:

XT-1926-3/RETEU: FAIL
    XT-1925/???: FAIL

etc.
    It seems that Motorola is updating online tool. Retry to request unlock key now ;)

Inviato dal mio moto g(6) plus utilizzando Tapatalk