• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root for Note 20 Ultra US Version ?/!

Search This thread
No the token is special to each device

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

The guys doing it are legit. So all the nasty comments can go up the road. It's either pay it or don't. If you don't. Don't whine about it. Cause obviously you don't know
I believe when we are speaking of China concern should always be headed. So your attitude is undeserving!

jkitty916

Aug 5, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned at all on this forum, unless I'm reading it completely wrong.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-root-us-unlocked-snapdragon-865/

Now, full disclosure, I haven't actually done this but it is very interesting. I haven't tried my device since the note 8, and is have to get more comfortable with knowing how to unroot before I attempt this. In addition to the details installing custom recovery, I'm just not ready I guess. I'm talking myself up though lol

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I did it. I don't regret it.

Reactions: JonathanBates

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I would also be interested in getting a PM in regards to how to move forward if I desire to unlock bootloader on my now Baseband version: N986U1UES2DUD5 assuming I'm not too far updated to do so? Also, does anyone know if this would nullify the ability to trade in my device down the road via Samsung Trade-in to Upgrade policy?

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
I would also be interested in getting a PM in regards to how to move forward if I desire to unlock bootloader on my now Baseband version: N986U1UES2DUD5 assuming I'm not too far updated to do so? Also, does anyone know if this would nullify the ability to trade in my device down the road via Samsung Trade-in to Upgrade policy?
You are too far updated. Cannot root/unlock with bootloader 2 and cannot revert to bootloader 1. The person in charge of the root/unlock method is trying to find a solution but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIOSIS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I already have WeChat installed so if they are gonna get me, they did long ago lol. Besides, if you root your phone this is a risk you're taking right off the bat. There's a reason Enterprises don't allow rooted devices to connect thru Microsoft/Exchange Activesync services.
    Giving superuser access is a risk.

Edit: it also clearly states there is no refund if it doesn't work.

I know the risks of root been doing it for years, just think the risk out weights the advantages with China involved!
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned at all on this forum, unless I'm reading it completely wrong.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-root-us-unlocked-snapdragon-865/

Now, full disclosure, I haven't actually done this but it is very interesting. I haven't tried my device since the note 8, and is have to get more comfortable with knowing how to unroot before I attempt this. In addition to the details installing custom recovery, I'm just not ready I guess. I'm talking myself up though lol

What do you guys think?

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop since the Galaxt S2 lol... Is it a possibility to pull the unlocked/rooted image off of one phone and use it for others?

No the token is special to each device

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

The guys doing it are legit. So all the nasty comments can go up the road. It's either pay it or don't. If you don't. Don't whine about it. Cause obviously you don't know
    i rooted my U model
    will cost you 125
    that's not something you'd spread on xda
    Others seemed to have good results on this thread. Not so much with me. The process seems to have changed. over what was previously described here. There is a Telegram that seems active. There is a new web site now for payment.

I paid on the web site. Got an e-receipt immediately after payment. Waited patiently a few days, heard NOTHING back. Telegraph group indicates they are having payment problems and they would not be accepting orders? So I emailed. Waited days again. Heard nothing back. Emailed again. Nothing.

Then a misfortune with the phone. Gone to the great Android in the sky. No phone now to root. No refunds.

I would be cautious...