Root For S7/S7Edge Oreo And Nougat

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Yes.From the OP.You wrote 'systemless',but people here are saying 'system'..so you can see my dilemma .:D
Did you initially try it on v2 because I fixed it. If you used the original zip it would get stuck in safestrap. That's why I asked if you redownloaded and used v2. Systemless will work on it

Reactions: sleepysys

Mr_Andross

Jul 15, 2018
Sprint user here:

Okay so i installed stock, rebooting stop. It looks like the rebooting is happening after i ran the eng boot.img with odin. I don't get enough time to run the root.bat because it'll reboot.

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
So it's still laggy? On Nougat a guy found that for ufirm you could reflash the bl and get almost 0 lag. Like the bl was unlocked to make changes then you close it again. I might try this some time.

Edit: my ufirm on my ATT S7 Edge won't go to Oreo. I woulda thought it would already.

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Sprint user here:

Okay so i installed stock, rebooting stop. It looks like the rebooting is happening after i ran the eng boot.img with odin. I don't get enough time to run the root.bat because it'll reboot.
You have an app causing it to reboot ,you need to delete the app or freeze it somehow

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Is this regular su from chainfire or is there a possibility to seeing magisk support as you say systemless

TheDevelopper

Apr 6, 2018
Use only the system mode, run cmd-here then tap root.bat and hit enter then follow what it says to you and when it's asking to make your choice choose the first one (1_System without tweaks) always choose the system one (1) when it's asking for your choice, once it's done it will show you that an error occurred ...close the command window then reboot your device and you're done and don't update the binary when the superSU apk asks for it

Last edited:

Syngravez

Jul 22, 2018
Trying all options and what not on this.. So far I'm enjoying more exploration with this device than the other Builds. Nice work!
:cool:

Question:
With magisk can you hide any apps and what-not yet ( your version that is ) ?

Reason be is trying "Pokemon Go" to bypass through root /magisk/supersu with this new Root.

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Trying all options and what not on this.. So far I'm enjoying more exploration with this device than the other Builds. Nice work!
:cool:

Question:
With magisk can you hide any apps and what-not yet ( your version that is ) ?

Reason be is trying "Pokemon Go" to bypass through root /magisk/supersu with this new Root.
Were you able to use the magisk option as Root

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

*bug on systemless root when turning off phone or reboot cause the 3 reboots again everytime

Syngravez

Jul 22, 2018
Were you able to use the magisk option as Root ?
I do believe so! , but no option to say it's on there ? (Magisk framework) ... so no option for modules and hiding apps.
Take it it's only experimental at the moment. Also states not to flash in any other "Magisk.zips" :silly:

-So for e.g "Pokemon Go" needs to be Stock unrooted or get Magisk to hide it from Root.
As far goes with custom roms it works well with "Stock_Oreo_Hybrid][Safestrap_Preinstalled]" with system-app fake gps.

Looking forward for more updates to this thread! , everyone is doing so well :cool:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone