This worked for me
So I brought back my J3 and bought this: SM-J727P Galaxy J7 Perx TD-LTE / Galaxy J7 2017
Is there any way to root this yet? I couldn't find anything.
I'd love a DE-bloated ROM too but I know it doesn't exist yet.
thanks for any help.
To root the J7 Perx, I did this: (remove the spaces in the links because it won't let me post a link)
1. On your phone, download the magisk zip file: htt ps://github.c om/topjoh nwu/Magisk/releases/download/v16.0/Magisk-v16.0.zip
2. Power off
On your computer:
1. Download an application called odin: htt ps://odindownload.c om/download/Odin3_v3.12.3.zip
2. Download TWRP for the J7 Perx: htt ps://dl.twrp.m e/j7popltespr/twrp-3.2.1-1-j7popltespr.img.tar
3. Install odin
4. Boot the phone into download mode (Power + Vol down + home) then press volume up
5. Open odin and plug your phone in, making sure OEM is unlocked and USB debugging is enabled on your phone (both found in developer options)
6. Click AP, then find your .img.tar file you downloaded in step 2
7. Click start
8. When the setup is complete, your phone's screen will go black and it will vibrate. As soon as it vibrates, unplug the phone and take the battery out IMMEDIATELY. This prevents your phone from reverting back to its stock custom recovery. If you don't, you will have to restart the process.
9. Pop the battery back in to your phone, then hold Power + Vol up + home. you should see "recovery booting... set warranty bit:recovery"
10. Teamwin will load
11. Continue through setup then click Install, then go to sdcard>download or wherever you downloaded the magisk zip file
12. It will install magisk
13. reboot>system and you should be good to go
NOTE: *This can damage your device. If you mess up, I am not responsible*
PS. if you get caught in a bootloop like i did, reinstall magisk or just install the stock rom