ROOT for SM-J727P Galaxy J7 Perx Galaxy J7 2017

Search This thread

Chiraqian

Dec 28, 2016
Apps & Games
J327P

So I'm going to say one thing find Ashy and bribe hi..hes why i got root on my j3 2017 emerge.mmi know but it was all theyd give me in terms of samsungs and therse only a few other highend and moddable one like moto which allows you yah you the owner to do what u want with again u the owbers device ...what a concept Pm me in a week or so and if u have no takers I'll compile one for you on my Ubumtu17.04 running Mate or on a LTs version of Ubuntu on a cm machine...well I wish you luck and to speed up the process find the kernel and the recovery.img and boot. I MG (.img files can be extracted from a Odin file that goes in the ap slot ) kernel well ask Samsung If someone gets two and wants to trade me for a J7 Perkx for my J327P Emerge I will develop a few from source....which I was successfully creating a moto e surnia . I did what everyone did and started from scratch and I'd be my own tester not releasing it till it was at least sta b le....just a thought

regards C HI-RES IAN

Project89Odin

Jan 16, 2016
Can you please run Antutu, the benchmarking apk. It would be amazing to get to see the score of the 2.2ghz octa core snapdragon chipset. I have the j3 emerge 327p, rooted and twrp installed (thanks to Ashyx for building twrp and making a way to decrypt data partition!!) I can say with an antutu score of over 28k its the best of the j3 models, so im very eager to check out. Also check out a dev names Messi2050, he developed the twrp for original boost and tmobile j7.

Reactions: JonnyPJohnston

scbcskin

Jan 31, 2017
Oklahoma
So i find myself with bith a brand spanki g new sm-J327t and sm-j727p. Two pretty cool phones, same phone really. But for the first time since Ive started rooting phones in these past couple months i find myself with no phone to toy with. Developing root is much beyond my skill set. Lets get some root action on these two phones........please!!

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Can you please run Antutu, the benchmarking apk. It would be amazing to get to see the score of the 2.2ghz octa core snapdragon chipset. I have the j3 emerge 327p, rooted and twrp installed (thanks to Ashyx for building twrp and making a way to decrypt data partition!!) I can say with an antutu score of over 28k its the best of the j3 models, so im very eager to check out. Also check out a dev names Messi2050, he developed the twrp for original boost and tmobile j7.

Im just using Antutu for the first time so Im not exactly sure if I'm quoting you the right set of numbers but I got 60,403 if that seems logical.

Reactions: Project89Odin

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Ok seeing as no-one could be bothered to respond to my post I'm just gonna leave this here.

It may boot it may not? It may not even install if this device has a locked bootloader.
If it does then great, report any issues along with the recovery log.
If it doesn't then descriptive information is required along with screenshots where possible. Anybody who simply posts generic 'NOT WORKING' will be ignored.

TWRP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120732531

STOCK RECOVERY: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195899865

RS.85243

Apr 22, 2013
Las Vegas
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
bootloop

Ok seeing as no-one could be bothered to respond to my post I'm just gonna leave this here.

It may boot it may not? It may not even install if this device has a locked bootloader.
If it doesn't then descriptive information is required along with screenshots where possible. Anybody who simply posts generic 'NOT WORKING' will be ignored.

It flashed just fine, but will not boot. The partitions seem to be off as you can not access microsd, or internal storage and wipe gets permission denied errors for usb otg and microsd. Thanks for working on this...I tried porting it but it didn't even flash:crying:

Attachments

• 20170517_211557.jpg
    20170517_211557.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 1,891
  • 20170517_212548.jpg
    20170517_212548.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,909
  • 20170517_212606.jpg
    20170517_212606.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 1,873
  • 20170517_212629.jpg
    20170517_212629.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 1,770

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
It flashed just fine, but will not boot. The partitions seem to be off as you can not access microsd, or internal storage and wipe gets permission denied errors for usb otg and microsd. Thanks for working on this...I tried porting it but it didn't even flash:crying:
You say it doesn't boot, but it clearly has, confused? :confused:

Also the errors I'm seeing is what I expected using the stock kernel.
The next build will be using a custom built kernel and all those issues should be fixed.

The internal storage won't mount until the /data partition is FORMATTED to remove encryption.

Thanks for testing and reporting.

scbcskin

Jan 31, 2017
Oklahoma
Hats off

The next build will be using a custom built kernel and all those issues should be fixed.

The internal storage won't mount until the /data partition is FORMATTED to remove encryption.

Thanks for putting your foot forward and working on this. Development is beyond my scale of knowledge. Someone had posted the open-source for the model but i dont know what to do with it. If not to much you ask think you might do something for the j327t as well? I have both but the j3 prime is my day to day.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Project89Odin

scbcskin

Jan 31, 2017
Oklahoma
Thanks for putting your foot forward and working on this. Development is beyond my scale of knowledge. Someone had posted the open-source for the model but i dont know what to do with it. If not to much you ask think you might do something for the j327t as well? I have both but the j3 prime is my day to day.
Thanks in advance

Nevermind found a thread for the j327t and it appears you're or have plans to work on it, thanks

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Flashed it, passed and boot loop is gone. However it wont go pass the splash screen. Still boots up normally just cant get into recovery.
Which splash screen, twrp or Samsung? Also which firmware build are you running?

Try this one out, this is a kernel recompile. Flash with latest ODIN. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3731mvscl01ruwo/odin3_v3.12.5.zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195900179

Last edited:
Reactions: scbcskin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So I brought back my J3 and bought this: SM-J727P Galaxy J7 Perx TD-LTE / Galaxy J7 2017
    Is there any way to root this yet? I couldn't find anything.
    I'd love a DE-bloated ROM too but I know it doesn't exist yet.
    thanks for any help.
    @RS.85243 @Project89Odin

Ok, so I'm back on with TWRP. Made a few config changes to the kernel.

If you're willing to test it out: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634776352

J327P

So I'm going to say one thing find Ashy and bribe hi..hes why i got root on my j3 2017 emerge.mmi know but it was all theyd give me in terms of samsungs and therse only a few other highend and moddable one like moto which allows you yah you the owner to do what u want with again u the owbers device ...what a concept Pm me in a week or so and if u have no takers I'll compile one for you on my Ubumtu17.04 running Mate or on a LTs version of Ubuntu on a cm machine...well I wish you luck and to speed up the process find the kernel and the recovery.img and boot. I MG (.img files can be extracted from a Odin file that goes in the ap slot ) kernel well ask Samsung If someone gets two and wants to trade me for a J7 Perkx for my J327P Emerge I will develop a few from source....which I was successfully creating a moto e surnia . I did what everyone did and started from scratch and I'd be my own tester not releasing it till it was at least sta b le....just a thought

regards C HI-RES IAN