root for TB-306F?

Search This thread

Andrew x3

Nov 29, 2013
Pasco Washington
LG Wing
anyone pls help on how to root lenovo tb-306f. i already unlocked the bootloader but i cant seem to do anything after that
I'm successfully rooted using magisk. Flash a magisk boot.img, you take the stock roms boot img then go on your tablet to the magisk app then select patch a file then use your stock room boot.img. after flashing you need to flash an empty vb meta file and disable verity.

Can anyone elaborate on this process? I am running TB-X306F_S100152_210205. I extracted the boot.img and patched it. I don't know about the vb meta file. I am not sure exactly what to flash here. The one I extracted? It doesn't bootloop, but loads and works usually until I try to start an app.

I know we're not going to see much development on this tablet, but I'd like to get magisk working and get rid of the google crap.

tkalfaoglu

Can anyone elaborate on this process? I am running TB-X306F_S100152_210205. I extracted the boot.img and patched it. I don't know about the vb meta file. I am not sure exactly what to flash here. The one I extracted? It doesn't bootloop, but loads and works usually until I try to start an app.

I know we're not going to see much development on this tablet, but I'd like to get magisk working and get rid of the google crap.
Magisk eventually worked great on the x306f once I disabled the verity check.. I had an issue at magisk about that, and I posted my solution there too..https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3832