Search This thread

nortonex

Sep 26, 2012
Hello everyone!

At the beggining I really would like to give my regards to:
- @mbc07
- @costel90
- @vinay
and other people from topic http://xdaforums.com/xperia-e3/help/root-locked-bootloader-t3038518 for any help and / or ideas;
- @AndroPlus and japanese developer, キューブキューブ @cubeundcube for posting rootkitXperia ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559009 )
Great job people - I really appreciate your work for entire community.

Remember - don't bother me, if you do anything wrong and brick your device - you are doing this at your own responsibility.

/ -- /

Let's begin rooting our Xperia E3 D2203! I will show you my way to root:

0. Make backup and load up the battery (at least 60%), download and install flashtool ( http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php ), download and install Sony PC Companion (to provide drivers)

1. Obtain your firmware's FTF file (easiest way is to use XperiFirm)
and this firmware: http://uploaded.net/file/f1wll17r (it's Xperia M2 JellyBean kernel) ,
and copy them to: %userprofile%\.flashtool\firmwares ( for WinXP %userprofile% leads to c:\documents and settings\username; in Win Vista and laters: to C:\Users\username )

2. Turn off the phone

3. Connect it to USB cable with Vol- tapped. Make sure that all drivers have been installed successfully and disconnect USB (this is one-time step, if you have ever flashed your phone you probably don't need to do this again)

4. Run flashtool, click thunder icon, select flashmode, choose 18.5.C.0.19 firmware and click Flash

1.PNG

5. Connect USB with Vol- tapped when asked by flashtool

6. Wait until flashtool ends flashing (you will see messsages like this:
INFO- Ending flash session
INFO- Flashing finished.
INFO- Please unplug and start your phone)

then disconnect phone from usb, power on and wait to boot

7. Go to menu > settings

8. Go to about phone, tap few times on 'compilation number' to enable programmer settings. Go there, enable mock location (may be not nessesary) and USB Debugging

2eng.PNG

9.Go to security settings, turn ON unknown sources and turn OFF verify apps

3eng.PNG

10. Plug in USB to ensure that all drivers are installed properly (especially Sony ADB Interface driver)

11. Download giefroot_debug_D2203_modded.zip file ( https://mega.co.nz/#!sscXQKwB!qOIv2a70SH6UAM8vhySQIeEcYXrkkXXfh_X98q5rdDk ) unzip it and run install.bat

12. IMPORTANT STEP - make sure you allowed permanently to debug from your PC, when window appears

4eng.PNG

13. giefroot will inform you, that rooting has failed - that's OK - it was only to ensure, that your pc is allowed to debug

5.PNG

14. Now we have our phone prepared. Turn it off.

15. In flashtool click thunder icon, select flashmode

16. Select Kernel from Jelly Bean firmware

6.PNG

17. Connect to USB with vol- tapped and wait for flashtool to finish, disconnect USB

18. Power on your phone - you will see Xperia logo for a 1 seconds or 2, but it disappears and you will see only black display - that's ok - it's expected behavior.

19. Wait about 30 seconds and connect USB - make sure that Windows installs driver for ADB Interface Driver (you can ignore MTP driver prompts)

20. Download rootkitXperia ( https://mega.co.nz/#!Mt1zkAyQ!Z2Wg9xQyNCbPt6ksS-Dw76-ifSb_lGvQbFK7zP0yJ9E ), unzip rootkitXperia_20140719.zip and run install.bat

21. Wait for commands: done root command, wait 10 seconds...

22. When you see rebooting message, disconnect from usb, take out back cover, and push off button with needle. After that turn on the phone,at black screen wait 30 seconds and, after that, plug in USB

23. when rootkitXperia ends, you will see message all finished - turn phone off again with button under the back cover (as in step 22)

24. Now we need to restore D2203 kernel

25. Go to flashtool, thunder icon, flashmode, choose firmware from point 4, but BE CAREFUL! - select all things as this is showed on screenshot below: tick OFF wipe cache, data, tick ON exclude bootbundle, partition, ta, fota, baseband, system, elabel - you should see only two files: kernel.sin and loader.sin in content section

7eng.PNG

26. Now click flash, connect phone to usb with vol-, wait until flashtool finishes, disconnect usb and turn on the phone

27. When phone boots, connect again usb, go to giefroot_debug_D2203_modded.zip content again and run install2.bat

28. When script ends, update su binary with superSu and reboot :) You have now root access and RW permissions to / and /system :)

lockedbl.PNG

root.PNG

Last edited:

atomicr

Nov 30, 2010
Unfortunately, after doing every step as it is written, after flashing Xperia M2 kernel, phone just won't boot. Sony logo dissapears after 2 seconds and screen is black for long time and it won't boot at all.
I have D2203 with locked bootloader and not allowed to unlock..

nortonex

Sep 26, 2012
Unfortunately, after doing every step as it is written, after flashing Xperia M2 kernel, phone just won't boot. Sony logo dissapears after 2 seconds and screen is black for long time and it won't boot at all.
I have D2203 with locked bootloader and not allowed to unlock..

It's ok - that is normal, that screen goes black. Just connect usb cable and follow next steps.

vinay

Oct 19, 2013
It may be possible - but you need to risk and try. Just in points: 4 and 25 use your D2212's FTF instead of D2203.

also need a jellybean kernel from d2312 or d2302 varriant of xperia m2

edit

maby it work,s cause we don,t have to boot system.
we have to boot kernel and system with black

Last edited:

Shunfry

Aug 1, 2014
OMG ! Thank for this work ! <3 It's work ! At last ! Thank very very much for the root !

alanm1986

Jul 18, 2013
I will be trying this Out the weekend if I get a chance,
Followed the locked bootloader topics for a while but knew someone would eventually get in!

Good job,

I'll post back with how I get on
Doing this with d2203 4.4.4 with a windows 8 laptop
So hopefully that will be OK

Can then clear some space on the damn phone

atomicr

Nov 30, 2010
Now it is time for Cwm to resolve. ;)

Edit: Can bootloader be unlocked with Flashtool BLU option?
In service menu I have: Bootloader unlock allowed: No

Sent from my D2203

Last edited:

linelock

Jan 15, 2012
Edmonton
Thanks so much for this! When I found out I couldn't unlock my boot loader I thought I was screwed. Worked perfectly, thanks again.

mrgadgetuk

Nov 29, 2010
Cardiff
Thank you SO much for this! Followed the solution to the letter and I have successfully rooted my 'Bootloader Locked Vodafone UK D2203'. It works a charm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

At the beggining I really would like to give my regards to:
    - @mbc07
    - @costel90
    - @vinay
    and other people from topic http://xdaforums.com/xperia-e3/help/root-locked-bootloader-t3038518 for any help and / or ideas;
    - @AndroPlus and japanese developer, キューブキューブ @cubeundcube for posting rootkitXperia ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559009 )
    Great job people - I really appreciate your work for entire community.

Remember - don't bother me, if you do anything wrong and brick your device - you are doing this at your own responsibility.

/ -- /

Let's begin rooting our Xperia E3 D2203! I will show you my way to root:

0. Make backup and load up the battery (at least 60%), download and install flashtool ( http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php ), download and install Sony PC Companion (to provide drivers)

1. Obtain your firmware's FTF file (easiest way is to use XperiFirm)
    and this firmware: http://uploaded.net/file/f1wll17r (it's Xperia M2 JellyBean kernel) ,
    and copy them to: %userprofile%\.flashtool\firmwares ( for WinXP %userprofile% leads to c:\documents and settings\username; in Win Vista and laters: to C:\Users\username )

2. Turn off the phone

3. Connect it to USB cable with Vol- tapped. Make sure that all drivers have been installed successfully and disconnect USB (this is one-time step, if you have ever flashed your phone you probably don't need to do this again)

4. Run flashtool, click thunder icon, select flashmode, choose 18.5.C.0.19 firmware and click Flash

1.PNG

5. Connect USB with Vol- tapped when asked by flashtool

6. Wait until flashtool ends flashing (you will see messsages like this:
    INFO- Ending flash session
    INFO- Flashing finished.
    INFO- Please unplug and start your phone)

then disconnect phone from usb, power on and wait to boot

7. Go to menu > settings

8. Go to about phone, tap few times on 'compilation number' to enable programmer settings. Go there, enable mock location (may be not nessesary) and USB Debugging

2eng.PNG

9.Go to security settings, turn ON unknown sources and turn OFF verify apps

3eng.PNG

10. Plug in USB to ensure that all drivers are installed properly (especially Sony ADB Interface driver)

11. Download giefroot_debug_D2203_modded.zip file ( https://mega.co.nz/#!sscXQKwB!qOIv2a70SH6UAM8vhySQIeEcYXrkkXXfh_X98q5rdDk ) unzip it and run install.bat

12. IMPORTANT STEP - make sure you allowed permanently to debug from your PC, when window appears

4eng.PNG

13. giefroot will inform you, that rooting has failed - that's OK - it was only to ensure, that your pc is allowed to debug

5.PNG

14. Now we have our phone prepared. Turn it off.

15. In flashtool click thunder icon, select flashmode

16. Select Kernel from Jelly Bean firmware

6.PNG

17. Connect to USB with vol- tapped and wait for flashtool to finish, disconnect USB

18. Power on your phone - you will see Xperia logo for a 1 seconds or 2, but it disappears and you will see only black display - that's ok - it's expected behavior.

19. Wait about 30 seconds and connect USB - make sure that Windows installs driver for ADB Interface Driver (you can ignore MTP driver prompts)

20. Download rootkitXperia ( https://mega.co.nz/#!Mt1zkAyQ!Z2Wg9xQyNCbPt6ksS-Dw76-ifSb_lGvQbFK7zP0yJ9E ), unzip rootkitXperia_20140719.zip and run install.bat

21. Wait for commands: done root command, wait 10 seconds...

22. When you see rebooting message, disconnect from usb, take out back cover, and push off button with needle. After that turn on the phone,at black screen wait 30 seconds and, after that, plug in USB

23. when rootkitXperia ends, you will see message all finished - turn phone off again with button under the back cover (as in step 22)

24. Now we need to restore D2203 kernel

25. Go to flashtool, thunder icon, flashmode, choose firmware from point 4, but BE CAREFUL! - select all things as this is showed on screenshot below: tick OFF wipe cache, data, tick ON exclude bootbundle, partition, ta, fota, baseband, system, elabel - you should see only two files: kernel.sin and loader.sin in content section

7eng.PNG

26. Now click flash, connect phone to usb with vol-, wait until flashtool finishes, disconnect usb and turn on the phone

27. When phone boots, connect again usb, go to giefroot_debug_D2203_modded.zip content again and run install2.bat

28. When script ends, update su binary with superSu and reboot :) You have now root access and RW permissions to / and /system :)

lockedbl.PNG

root.PNG
    Thanks for the info mate, i mainly rooted my xperia because of the small internal space it as, its ok if i can't use custom roms :) :good:

I will soon be making something for you guy,s.
    Success! i'm using d2212... thanks so much
    Any reason why it should not work with ANY 18.5.C.0.19 firmware? I already upgraded my phone to 4.4.4 with my regional customization and have made a FTF of my 18.5.C.0.19 with flashtool. I can see no reason why it has to be UK customization???

It's normally the firmware with the least bloatware as a rule that the default or commonest used FTF is created from, so your probably correct in that any 18.5.C.0,19 firmware customization can be used.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Well it's a great work around for members who are unable to unlock their bootloader, however it's a long method, so I am pleased I have unlocked bootloader with TWRP recovery and root via. Update-supersu.zip file. Thanks mainly to the excellent work done by vinay on custom kernels/ recovery for xperia E3 device's.
    JellyBean kernel reuploaded - check first post. Firmware FTF link was removed - please use Flashtool / XperiFirm or other source to obtain it.