[Root]Force High Impedance Mode On LG V20

DTDMike

Jul 22, 2013
I'm going to make this quick and and to the point! You will need root access.

I have attached the modified file. If you want to use it download it and skip to step 5.

1.) Copy "/system/etc/mixer_paths_tasha.xml" to your pc for ease of editing.(Keep an original copy to be safe)
2.) Open the copied file in WordPad
3.) Locate the following
Code:
<path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
<ctl name="Es9018 Master Volume" value="0"/>
<ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="8"/>
<ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="1"/>
</path>
4.) Change code to this
Code:
<path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
<ctl name="Es9018 Master Volume" value="0"/>
<ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="1"/>
<ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="2"/>
</path>
5.) Copy the modified xml to "/system/etc"
6.) Power your device off all the way, then turn it back on
7.) Profit.

You'll know it works because when HI-Fi is on the volume will be significantly louder. It will still say "Normal audio device" though.

Note: I had to restart my phone twice. I think it was because the first time I selected "Power off and reboot" when it turned back on I had no sound.
The second time I removed the battery and turned the phone back on, it worked perfectly aftwards.

Attachments

Last edited:

kcsevo

Jul 5, 2011
I rooted the day I got it! 30 days ago. I was scared ****less doing it. :) But man this works!!! My B&Os were so loud and clear that I had to take them off quick!

DTDMike

Jul 22, 2013
I rooted the day I got it! 30 days ago. I was scared ****less doing it. :) But man this works!!! My B&Os were so loud and clear that I had to take them off quick!
Yeah, It's a pretty daunting task to root this phone. I miss the easy days lol . And I know what you mean I wasn't expecting it to be as lound as it was :D

kcsevo

Jul 5, 2011
For sure, brother! The Samsung epic touch days were the worst for me. I bricked a total of 11 phones. My buddy worked at Sprint at the time. I'm now with TMO. But I just can't believe fix/mod thing you came up with! It's CRAZY LOUD and CLEAR also!!!! I can see why LG didn't have this set initially from stock! Thanks much!

*p.s. - it was a bee-haatch trying to find those lines to make changes lol! (I did it through the phone) Fellas, scroll all the way down first then work your way up to find the lines. 100 times quicker ;)

Last edited:

DTDMike

Jul 22, 2013
Wow that sucks!! It seems you would've benefited from using moded file I uploaded right before you're post xD. Sorry, I wasn't able to add attachments when I first posted it for some reason.

kcsevo

Jul 5, 2011
You suck!!!! Hahaha! Nice! Without your fix, I was able to handle listening to my headphones with my HIFI-DAC all the way to 75. But now I can't. It's amazing how my sound is so LOUD without any sacrifices of quality.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

So this is better than the dac fix for v10 in the playstore ?
Yes

Lmax579

Mar 28, 2013
Waukegan, IL
Do I have to do anything with the audio effects. Conf file?

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

For sure, brother! The Samsung epic touch days were the worst for me. I bricked a total of 11 phones. My buddy worked at Sprint at the time. I'm now with TMO. But I just can't believe fix/mod thing you came up with! It's CRAZY LOUD and CLEAR also!!!! I can see why LG didn't have this set initially from stock! Thanks much!

*p.s. - it was a bee-haatch trying to find those lines to make changes lol! (I did it through the phone) Fellas, scroll all the way down first then work your way up to find the lines. 100 times quicker ;)
I tried and I couldn't find them

kcsevo

Jul 5, 2011
For sure! And reboot. I got some audio jacks to connect to my megaboom and it took my megaboom to its limit easily. Badass!!!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone