ROOT From PC [L3II L5,L5II,L7,L7II,L9,L9II]

Search This thread

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013
Rooting method available for L3II L5,L5II,L7,L7II,L9,L9II

Credits:
Masterkey exploit tool has been released by Saurik on http://cydiaimpactor.com all thanks to him.

Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Requirements:
  • Computer
  • USB Cable

Procedure:
  1. Install latest LG Driver installed (available on LG website).
  2. Enable Developer Options on you Android device.
  3. Connect your device to the computer throught the USB cable.
  4. Download Cydia Impactor from http://www.cydiaimpactor.com .
  5. Extract the zip and run impactor.exe (with administrator right if you are on vista or later).
  6. Click on start.
  7. Wait some seconds
  8. Reboot
  9. Go to PlayStore and install SuperSu or get APK from ApkMirror

Tested Working on:
L5 E610 V20A 4.1.2
L5 E610 V20D 4.1.2
L7 P700 V20D 4.1.2
L7 P708 V20A 4.1.2
L9 P760 V10C 4.0.3
L9 P760 V10D 4.0.3
L9 P760 V20B 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20C 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20I 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20E 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20H 4.1.2
L9 P769 V20H 4.1.2
L5 II E460 V10I 4.1.2
L9 II D605 V10 A 4.1.2

Not Working on:
L5 E610 V20G or later
L7 P705G V20H or later
L7II P716 V10D or later
L9 P760 v20L or later
L9 P760 V20P
L5 E610 V20J

Recents updates:
Like some users reported LG fixed both masterkey exploit used by impactor to get root, so if you are running a recent firmware or you took an OTA this method may not work, impactor will return "SIGNATURE BUGS UNAVAILABLE"

Alternatives:
Look at Framaroot or TowelRoot

Last edited:

Azargardius

Jun 9, 2013
Superuser dont work, the perm is added automaticly to all apps, the superuser not asking for perm, and root works allways in the phone, tested on l5

karimovic44

Jul 8, 2013
Morocco
OnePlus 6T
i Have this problem

399398331.jpg

piyushmehta24

Feb 25, 2013
Bangalore
ROOT LG OPTIMUS L7 AND LG OPTIMUS L5 EASY FROM YOUR PC ON 4.1.2:good:
Cydia%252520Substrate%252520for%252520Android_thumb%25255B3%25255D.png

i am not responsive for all problem of your phone (errors/brick/explosion) follow this guide at your risk,read other threads and other informations before root your smartphone,ale read MORE INFORMATION* AFTER THE GUIDE, you can brick it!i am nor responsive about your problems!!

opt7.jpg

Need
-PC(windows or lunux)
-PHONE(HAHAHAH)
-driver adb(find it on lg websites in your phone pages)
-this file CYDIAIMPACTOR

LINK DOWNLOAD:
MAC OS https://cydia.saurik.com/api/latest/1
WINDOWS https://cydia.saurik.com/api/latest/2

Guide
0.your phone driver must be installed on your pc!
1.download this zip files and extract it on your desktop
2.enable usb debug on your phone(setting/developper/debug usb)
3.connect your phone to your pc
4.open IMPACTOR.exe (you extracted it on your desktop)
5.press start

FINISH!!!! your phone got ROOT ACCESS

now you can reboot your phone and install from play store SUPERSU, i have got no luck with SUPERUSER.

SECURITY INFORMATION
root access dont work without a root permission manager(SUPERSU or SUPERUSER), i hope you download it from playstore so you can get official updates!
after you install SUPERSU(or superuser) you can use ROOT APPS(you must buy or download them!)

for example some root apps are:

-android terminal emulator(terminal/cmd)
-root explorer(filemanager with root permission)
-lucky patcher(apps manager!)
-root check(verify root access)
-link2sd(need 2nd partion on sdcard)
-seeder(no luck with my phone)
-gamebooster(???????)
-system tuner pro(apps manager!)
-titanium backup

not all root apps are compatible with our phone or our android version! use it at your risk

after root you should disable debug usb! malicious malware can enter into your device from virus if you had ii/them on your pc!

this method is builded by saurik! (i hope you know about CYDIA on JAILBREAK IPHONE/IPAD)
cydia dont exist on android, it is only a project by his pioneer SAURIK(hi my friend!)
cydia instructor follow an android bug from android 1.5 to 4.2 today google block it, it mod app without change official keys!

root dont make your phone faster! you must mod your phone, a little example to get a faster phone can be unistall system apps that arent used, block auto start on boot of user apps, block stupid user apps event! maybe you can use system tuner pro and click on EVENT(block or unistall only things you know, internet is very bigger!!! :))))

Android-Master-Key.jpg

WITH THIS METHOD BOOTLOADER ISNT UNLOCKED AND YOU HAVENT CWM!!!!
you must do others steps!
tested on l7 p700 end l5 e610 4.1.2 v20d!!

*ALL INFORMATIONS
Cydia Impactor

Cydia Impactor is a GUI tool for working with Android devices. It has features already, but is still very much a work-in-progress.

Right now, its key feature is an end-to-end exploit of the Android "Master Key" vulnerability, allowing a user to obtain root access on many Android devices (including Glass and TV).

Download Cydia Impactor for Mac OS X or Windows. (These URLs will always redirect to the most recent versions, so feel free to directly link to the packages from howto guides.)

If you are on Windows, you may have to install a device driver to talk to your device over USB. For more information, Google has a list of drivers; you might also try Koushik's Universal Windows ADB Driver. You do not need the Android SDK.

Impactor actually has a feature to help you install a driver: if your device is not recognized, select "Scan Devices" under the USB menu.

To download new versions, use "Check for Updates..." under the Impactor menu from inside of the application. Impactor will also occasionally prompt about new versions that come out.

If you are having problems using Cydia Impactor (it crashes, doesn't work on your device, or simply doesn't make any sense) please join #android on irc.saurik.com and ask a question.

The Android "Master Key" vulnerability was found by Bluebox Security. For more information on how this bug works, I have done an overly-detailed article on the exploit technique.

If that bug is not available, Impactor will instead attempt to use a different signature verification bug. For more information on how that bug works, I have done another article on the new exploit.

It is possible that your device has been patched against both bugs; Impactor will inform you of this. If you'd like to check before spending time working with Impactor, you can try either the Bluebox Security Scanner or the alternative SRT AppScanner (which I have found to provide fewer false positives than Bluebox's tool).

Some devices are also patched against the second stage now used to get root; devices that are patched will show "link failed file exists". (This second stage was made possible due to help from @giantpune.)

Also, root access isn't sufficient on some devices, as they require kernel patches (the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a good example of this problem).

If you try to use the telnetd options, you must first manually indtall a copy of busybox to /data/local/tmp/busybox; later versions of Impactor will do this for you as required.

This tool does NOT work (but is harmless) on:

Motorola Atrix 4D 4.1.1
Huawei Ascend Mate 4.1
HTC One 4.2.2

help to translate my english!
ROOT isnt the finish but the start about your android experiences :good:
thanks dude ...it works!

goliate

Oct 19, 2013
merci

Merci beaucoup, aprés de nombreuse recherche je trouve enfin une solution qui fonctionne pour rooter mon LG5 en 4.1.2

mihotiho

Mar 17, 2012
This didn't work for me, I get the same error as mentioned before "signature bugs unavailable".

I've tried to connect it in different modes but nothing works.

Azargardius

Jun 9, 2013
I dont know wyh, but i cant root v20G second version, 1st version of v20G ofcourse it can be root, but 2nd 20G not with this program, the same problem like on posts

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013
New "impactor" update, new masterkey exploit added
now you should be able to root the v20g firmware

support for 4.1.2 and 4.0.3 should work also on l3,l3 II,l4,l5,l5 II,l7,l7 II and l9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting method available for L3II L5,L5II,L7,L7II,L9,L9II

Credits:
    Masterkey exploit tool has been released by Saurik on http://cydiaimpactor.com all thanks to him.

Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Requirements:
    • Computer
    • USB Cable

Procedure:
    1. Install latest LG Driver installed (available on LG website).
    2. Enable Developer Options on you Android device.
    3. Connect your device to the computer throught the USB cable.
    4. Download Cydia Impactor from http://www.cydiaimpactor.com .
    5. Extract the zip and run impactor.exe (with administrator right if you are on vista or later).
    6. Click on start.
    7. Wait some seconds
    8. Reboot
    9. Go to PlayStore and install SuperSu or get APK from ApkMirror

Tested Working on:
    L5 E610 V20A 4.1.2
    L5 E610 V20D 4.1.2
    L7 P700 V20D 4.1.2
    L7 P708 V20A 4.1.2
    L9 P760 V10C 4.0.3
    L9 P760 V10D 4.0.3
    L9 P760 V20B 4.1.2
    L9 P760 V20C 4.1.2
    L9 P760 V20I 4.1.2
    L9 P760 V20E 4.1.2
    L9 P760 V20H 4.1.2
    L9 P769 V20H 4.1.2
    L5 II E460 V10I 4.1.2
    L9 II D605 V10 A 4.1.2

Not Working on:
    L5 E610 V20G or later
    L7 P705G V20H or later
    L7II P716 V10D or later
    L9 P760 v20L or later
    L9 P760 V20P
    L5 E610 V20J

Recents updates:
    Like some users reported LG fixed both masterkey exploit used by impactor to get root, so if you are running a recent firmware or you took an OTA this method may not work, impactor will return "SIGNATURE BUGS UNAVAILABLE"

Alternatives:
    Look at Framaroot or TowelRoot
    thanks 4freedom, happy new year btw, i got the bootloader success.

im installing cwm now, im just confused, The guide doesnt tell me what to do after
    im at the cwm screen, not sure what to select. . I was looking at some tutorials, and it seems i need to select the img file to flash. I put the zip plus the .img file into the internal root of phone.
    317eh79.jpg

i went into cwm screen, looks really nice. Then i chose install from internal sd. I selected the zip and installed.
    Said install complete.
    Then i did reboot recovery. That brought me back to cwm screen.
    Then i chose, the first option "reboot system now".

im not sure if i should have installed the zip file from internal sd. That step isnt listed in the guide, but its in a youtube video. Anyway this is confusing, i followed the guides steps without any problems so i dunno why that video says to select cwm zip from internal sd. I did that anway.
    It doesn't matter where it's location as long as it's the correct zip file.
    So congrats, next is flashing roms. Good luck.
    Is there really a thread to get CWM for the D605 or should it be there?
    I cannot find it.
    Hello
    If you want this recovery you must flash a firmware .kdz modded with KDZ SW or try RomManager app or copy its files throught android terminal
    no thread about l9 II at today:p
    Superuser dont work, the perm is added automaticly to all apps, the superuser not asking for perm, and root works allways in the phone, tested on l5
    It's highly recommended to user SuperSU and not SuperUser because it has compatibility problems.
    @diggeris uploaded
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!HohVmJyb!HPwYhCSkNv6GmmI2FV7XZg

and fell free to share, in other thread or wherever you want
    perhaps serves to someone else

Thank you! You are best! I just now flash this Kdz, and working perfectly! Thank you!