How To Guide ROOT GAINED !!!!

Search This thread

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Rooting carries risks, particularly of bricking, where the device is unable to start up and appears stuck in the boot screen. Recovering from this is possible but takes time and is often complicated. Rooting will most likely void the warranty on your device.
rooting it's safe. if users follow the guide risk of brick is 0. and recover a bad magisk installation is quiet easy. reflashing stock vbmeta and boot in most of case remove root or bad rooting. the second solution is miflash. reflash stock miui solve 100% of soft brick. an hrad brick if most of case depends from users that dont use brain during modding process. i 'm not agree with u. i have rooted and unrooted my prone many times without any problems. only some magisk modules caused some boot loop of my phone, that i have solved quite easy

Last edited:
Reactions: simika

Pepito11

Oct 2, 2016
good news for V 13.0.2.0.SKSEUXM owners :
update available , patched BOOT.IMG with Magisk V25 ( the latest )
i upload here for you ORIGINAL and PATCHED BOOT.IMG (use magisk V25)
rename it : boot.img
I also upload ORIGINAL vbmeta for 13.0.2
Procedure as of the 1st page: rooted and working !
Hi, I tried the step you gave us but now my Redmi Note 10 5G is stuck in fastboot mode. Each time I try to reboot it, it will automatically go in fastboot mode. Even with originals boot images. Like the last you posted.
I also tried with old versions like the first ones you put and it gave me a "blurred" glitched screen.

I am from Europe so I guess I have a EEA version but I don't know much more about.

Do you have any idea what could I do ?

EDIT:
For those who have the same problem here how I made it work again :
I used the tool MiFlash, try to use one you could find in those sort of articles wrote by indians.
My version is 2021.2.26.0.
I downloaded the last ROM on the xiomifirmwareupdater link that you can find in this topic.
WARNING : by default there is a radio button (clean and lock) on the bottom right of the window that you should desactivate by chosing the clean all button, otherwise your phone will be locked again and you would need to unlock it again (don't worry you will not have to wait 168 hours again).

Last edited:

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
Hi, I tried the step you gave us but now my Redmi Note 10 5G is stuck in fastboot mode. Each time I try to reboot it, it will automatically go in fastboot mode. Even with originals boot images. Like the last you posted.
I also tried with old versions like the first ones you put and it gave me a "blurred" glitched screen.

I am from Europe so I guess I have a EEA version but I don't know much more about.

Do you have any idea what could I do ?

EDIT:
For those who have the same problem here how I made it work again :
I used the tool MiFlash, try to use one you could find in those sort of articles wrote by indians.
My version is 2021.2.26.0.
I downloaded the last ROM on the xiomifirmwareupdater link that you can find in this topic.
WARNING : by default there is a radio button (clean and lock) on the bottom right of the window that you should desactivate by chosing the clean all button, otherwise your phone will be locked again and you would need to unlock it again (don't worry you will not have to wait 168 hours again).
Pepito11 i read from your post :
"I am from Europe so I guess I have a EEA version but I don't know much more about."

guys this is a warning to ALL OF YOU !
If you are not sure, if you never done it before

YOU RISK TO BRICK YOUR SMARTPHONE !!!!!
The warning is set in RED in the 1st PAGE !!!

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
"I am from Europe so I guess I have a EEA version but I don't know much more about."

users don't read, and after post bad feedback. they are incredibly stupids

Reactions: simika

Pepito11

Oct 2, 2016
Where did I post bad feedback ? I literally just asked if anyone in here did knew anything about "unbrick" which in my case was more about flashing my phone again.

Where did I blame someone for "bricking" my phone ? Like everyone said, it is literally written everywhere. If it happened, well, it's my fault okay. All I was asking for was a bit of help or a direction to solve my issue.

For the EEA version, I was pretty much sure about it, the only thing is that I'm not enough an expert to know if it is 100% sure. So if someone would come and say that EEA has nothing to do with Europe or anything like this, I would not doubt his saying at first, because if he says this with affirmation it's probably that he knows better.

Maybe bad feedback is caused by the fact that instead of guiding me and helping me grow my knowledge about this subject, you rather chose to put me down and to hedge on small mistakes.

When I solved my issue I wondered if I should delete my post, but with the seek to help, I'd rather wrote how I solved my issue in case anyone would meet the same one day.
If I knew the answers that would follow my post, I would clearly have deleted it.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Where did I post bad feedback ? I literally just asked if anyone in here did knew anything about "unbrick" which in my case was more about flashing my phone again.

Where did I blame someone for "bricking" my phone ? Like everyone said, it is literally written everywhere. If it happened, well, it's my fault okay. All I was asking for was a bit of help or a direction to solve my issue.

For the EEA version, I was pretty much sure about it, the only thing is that I'm not enough an expert to know if it is 100% sure. So if someone would come and say that EEA has nothing to do with Europe or anything like this, I would not doubt his saying at first, because if he says this with affirmation it's probably that he knows better.

Maybe bad feedback is caused by the fact that instead of guiding me and helping me grow my knowledge about this subject, you rather chose to put me down and to hedge on small mistakes.

When I solved my issue I wondered if I should delete my post, but with the seek to help, I'd rather wrote how I solved my issue in case anyone would meet the same one day.
If I knew the answers that would follow my post, I would clearly have deleted it.
sorry, i have mistakenly quoted your message. I apologize.

about your problem: sometimes some magisk modules have caused boot loop on my device. every time i solved with a clear flash of stock rom using miflash tool (if u have linux xiaomiadbfastboottool is the best)

i suggest u flash latest miui13. choose global or EEA is indifferent. i have switched from these 2 version more than one time without problems

Pepito11

Oct 2, 2016
sorry, i have mistakenly quoted your message. I apologize.

about your problem: sometimes some magisk modules have caused boot loop on my device. every time i solved with a clear flash of stock rom using miflash tool (if u have linux xiaomiadbfastboottool is the best)

i suggest u flash latest miui13. choose global or EEA is indifferent. i have switched from these 2 version more than one time without problems
I have to apologize too, I've been a little much susceptible, I have other issues irl and was really frustrated when I wrote my answer.

Thanks for the xiaomiadbfastboottool, I didn't know about it and I honestly can't take anymore of windows aha.

Indeed I actually flashed with MIUI13.
I should have been more precise in my edit, but I have successfully rooted my phone and by the way thank you for this topic and for those precious guidelines.

In the end, even with the mistakes from each side, I'm glad we passed over it like this.
Thanks again for the help!

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
I have to apologize too, I've been a little much susceptible, I have other issues irl and was really frustrated when I wrote my answer.

Thanks for the xiaomiadbfastboottool, I didn't know about it and I honestly can't take anymore of windows aha.

Indeed I actually flashed with MIUI13.
I should have been more precise in my edit, but I have successfully rooted my phone and by the way thank you for this topic and for those precious guidelines.

In the end, even with the mistakes from each side, I'm glad we passed over it like this.
Thanks again for the help!
you're welcome!

campanah

Nov 3, 2020
Paris
It looks like it worked fine for me, my version is V12.5.5.0.RKSEUXM, I used magisk-V25.2. The only thing that did not happen when I followed the very well explained method of simika (thanks!) is
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
did not return
Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s]
Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]
but returned
Sending 'vbmeta_b' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s]
Writing 'vbmeta_b' OKAY [ 0.001s]
and same with boot that didn't get boot_a, but boot_b

edit :
after a few reboot, I got the message 'corrupt' and didn't boot anymore...

Last edited:

1lopes

It looks like it worked fine for me, my version is V12.5.5.0.RKSEUXM, I used magisk-V25.2. The only thing that did not happen when I followed the very well explained method of simika (thanks!) is
did not return
Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s]
Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]
but returned
Sending 'vbmeta_b' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s]
Writing 'vbmeta_b' OKAY [ 0.001s]
and same with boot that didn't get boot_a, but boot_b

edit :
after a few reboot, I got the message 'corrupt' and didn't boot anymore...
Did you put the vbmeta.img in the fastboot folder? Check the attachments of the guide again at the bottom and download the file "vbmeta.img" and do the same command.

campanah

Nov 3, 2020
Paris
Did you put the vbmeta.img in the fastboot folder? Check the attachments of the guide again at the bottom and download the file "vbmeta.img" and do the same command.
Hi , I restarted from eea global V12.0.10 and I flashed vbmeta.img and it works ok. Now I've installed PHH GSI by @phhusson wich has a superuser app, so I guess I've got root privilege. Thank you for your help !

Yu ijin

Jul 17, 2022
THIS METHOD WORKS on both:
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G

hey guys.. wonderful news.. been trying here and there and IT WORKS FINALLY i gained root of POCO m3 Pro 5G !
i'll write in steps how it works and post all files i've been using

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your phone "

that said :

1 - unlock your bootloader .. it'll take 168 hours so the earlier the best
if you don't know how to do it check XIAOMI bootloader unlock on xda

2 - download your rom (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ get exactly the one you are on ) with this i mean YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone, you can simply check your rom in settings!

3 - from the zip file extract boot.img

4 - get magisk ( i've used 22.1 and it worked.. you might try with the most recent but since it worked for me i suggest to use 22.1)
now you need to patch original boot.img ( keep a copy of the original one )

5 - copy the patched boot.img you got from magisk and copy it to your pc

6 - VERY IMPORTANT get this "empty " vbmeta.img ( link at bottom of this post)

7 - now reboot your Smartphone in fastboot , you can do it in 2 ways:
adb reboot bootloader
or
turn off poco and then keep pressed VOLUM DOWN and POWER

8 - fastboot commands:
Code:

(you should get this response)
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]

now send patched boot.img ( rename it just like so )
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.524s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.224s]
and finally :

Code:
fastboot reboot

you will NOT get any

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

you will get your POCO rooted as i show in the pictures!
IF you have any questions ask.. i'm gonna upload PATCHED boot.img for MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable ( so you get already a pacthed boot.img )
i upload also ORIGINAL stock boot.img always from MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable
and i upload vbmeta.img empty !

enjoy it !!!

FILES : magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img rename it to boot.img

[EDIT] added on 25 AUGUST 2021 BOOT.img and already MAGISK patched BOOT.img V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM

AVOID auto firmware UPDATE by Xiaomi

follow this post:

This could probably Work but rn im stuck in the bootloop and cant even open recovery mode or fastboot so probably im dead any help? I tried everything nothing works, in still stuck and the phone goes on then off no matter what i press it goes off then on pls help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting carries risks, particularly of bricking, where the device is unable to start up and appears stuck in the boot screen. Recovering from this is possible but takes time and is often complicated. Rooting will most likely void the warranty on your device.
    rooting it's safe. if users follow the guide risk of brick is 0. and recover a bad magisk installation is quiet easy. reflashing stock vbmeta and boot in most of case remove root or bad rooting. the second solution is miflash. reflash stock miui solve 100% of soft brick. an hrad brick if most of case depends from users that dont use brain during modding process. i 'm not agree with u. i have rooted and unrooted my prone many times without any problems. only some magisk modules caused some boot loop of my phone, that i have solved quite easy

THIS METHOD WORKS on both:
    POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G

hey guys.. wonderful news.. been trying here and there and IT WORKS FINALLY i gained root of POCO m3 Pro 5G !
    i'll write in steps how it works and post all files i've been using

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your phone "

that said :

1 - unlock your bootloader .. it'll take 168 hours so the earlier the best
    if you don't know how to do it check XIAOMI bootloader unlock on xda

2 - download your rom (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ get exactly the one you are on ) with this i mean YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone, you can simply check your rom in settings!

3 - from the zip file extract boot.img

4 - get magisk ( i've used 22.1 and it worked.. you might try with the most recent but since it worked for me i suggest to use 22.1)
    now you need to patch original boot.img ( keep a copy of the original one )

5 - copy the patched boot.img you got from magisk and copy it to your pc

6 - VERY IMPORTANT get this "empty " vbmeta.img ( link at bottom of this post)

7 - now reboot your Smartphone in fastboot , you can do it in 2 ways:
    adb reboot bootloader
    or
    turn off poco and then keep pressed VOLUM DOWN and POWER

8 - fastboot commands:
    Code:

(you should get this response)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]

now send patched boot.img ( rename it just like so )
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.524s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.224s]
    and finally :

Code:
    fastboot reboot

you will NOT get any

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

you will get your POCO rooted as i show in the pictures!
    IF you have any questions ask.. i'm gonna upload PATCHED boot.img for MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable ( so you get already a pacthed boot.img )
    i upload also ORIGINAL stock boot.img always from MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable
    and i upload vbmeta.img empty !

enjoy it !!!

FILES : magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img rename it to boot.img

[EDIT] added on 25 AUGUST 2021 BOOT.img and already MAGISK patched BOOT.img V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM

AVOID auto firmware UPDATE by Xiaomi

follow this post:

with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    This is know issue. You have "lite" version of adb/fastboot. The version with bigger files will support all parameters.
    Another week passed and I was finally able to root my Redmi note 10 5g from UK Vodafone. First I flashed the EEA latest rom V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM. Than I followed the tutorial from the first page, with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    As the command provided was not recognized.
    And I used the newest Magisk v23
    Hello! Do You know how to fix "dm verity is corrupt"?
    The correct flashing vbmeta.img should fix this problem.
    GOOGLE PAY WORKS... another good news 👍👍👍 @Kwiato