• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide ROOT GAINED !!!!

Search This thread

b00b

Oct 24, 2010
Hi.
I succeeded to root my Note10 5G, Thank you!
did you able to flash any magisk modules?
I tried to install pixelfy module few times and finished stuck on bootanimtion or with black screen.
so I removed it with "adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules"
any other modules recomnded?
hi there if you dont mind can u post some more info pls as to how you achieve root on this device :confused:

stuff like -->

- which ROM was your Note 10 5G on before rooting it and/or did you upgraded to this ROM first -

Redmi Note 10 5G EEAStableRecoveryV12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM11.0
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/

- did u use - magisk 22.1

- did you use these exact attachments ie
(1). vbmeta.img,
(2). magisk_patched-22100_WinEw.img,
(3). ORIGINAL_boot_miui_12_0_8.img
attached to this post here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-gained.4290689/#post-85167395

thanks

Last edited:

yoyococo

Jan 22, 2014
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
hi there if you dont mind can u post some more info pls as to how you achieve root on this device :confused:

stuff like -->

- which ROM was your Note 10 5G on before rooting it and/or did you upgraded to this ROM first -

Redmi Note 10 5G EEAStableRecoveryV12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM11.0
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/

- did u use - magisk 22.1

- did you use these exact attachments ie
(1). vbmeta.img,
(2). magisk_patched-22100_WinEw.img,
(3). ORIGINAL_boot_miui_12_0_8.img
attached to this post here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-gained.4290689/#post-85167395

thanks
My current rom is 12.0.1.0.RKSMIXM
so I download this version
Redmi Note 10 5G GlobalStableRecoveryV12.0.1.0.RKSMIXM11.0

Downloaded Magisk 23.0 and patch extracted boot. (attached both).
used the vbmeta.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-gained.4290689/#post-85167395

Attachments

• boot-original.img
    64 MB · Views: 10
  • boot-patched.img
    64 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: b00b

b00b

Oct 24, 2010
hey guys.. wonderful news.. been trying here and there and IT WORKS FINALLY i gained root of POCO m3 Pro 5G !
i'll write in steps how it works and post all files i've been using

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your phone "

that said :

1 - unlock your bootloader .. it'll take 168 hours so the earlier the best

2 - download your rom (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ get exactly the one you are on )

3 - from the zip file extract boot.img

4 - get magisk ( i've used 22.1 and it worked.. you might try with the most recent but since it worked for me i suggest to use 22.1)
now you need to patch original boot.img ( keep a copy of the original one )

5 - copy the patched boot.img you got from magisk and copy it to your pc

6 - VERY IMPORTANT get this "empty " vbmeta.img ( link coming ..)

7 - now reboot your Smartphone in fastboot ( or you do adb reboot bootloader or turn off poco and then keep pressed VOLUM DOWN and POWER )

8 - fastboot commands:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
(you should get this response
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]

now send patched boot.img ( rename it just like so )
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.524s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.224s]
and finally :
fastboot reboot

you will NOT get any

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

you will get your POCO rooted as i show in the pictures!
IF you have any questions ask.. i'm gonna upload PATCHED boot.img for MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable ( so you get already a pacthed boot.img )
i upload also ORIGINAL stock boot.img always from MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable
and i upload vbmeta.img empty !

enjoy it !!!

FILES : magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img rename it to boot.img
hello there,

out of curiosity - whats that '_WInEw' bit at the end of the filename of your attached patch by magisk boot.img (ie magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img), did magisk spit it out like that? :unsure:

thanks

Kwiato

Oct 20, 2019
Another week passed and I was finally able to root my Redmi note 10 5g from UK Vodafone. First I flashed the EEA latest rom V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM. Than I followed the tutorial from the first page, with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
As the command provided was not recognized.
And I used the newest Magisk v23

Last edited:

l00ey

Sep 19, 2015
Another week passed and I was finally able to root my Redmi note 10 5g from UK Vodafone. First I flashed the EEA latest rom V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM. Than I followed the tutorial from the first page, with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
Hi thanks for posting your success, i have same phone from Vodafone UK, when you say flashed the EEA latest rom V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM did you mean "Recovery" ROM and not the 'Fastboot' ROM with the same label of V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM as there are two ROMs on the firmwareupdater page https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ ?

Kwiato

Oct 20, 2019
Reactions: b00b and l00ey

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
did you mean "Recovery" ROM and not the 'Fastboot' ROM with the same label of V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM
The
recovery rom we use when we want to change global ROM to other global, or Europe to other Europe, or China to other China. When we want to change China to global or global to Europe we always use fastboot version. The fastboot version includes all partitions, the recovery only some.

Reactions: b00b and l00ey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you so much that I have been able to root my Redmi note 10 5G! My only problem right now is how do I pass ctsProfile check and Play Protect certification? Did I do something wrong along the root process?
    Thank you so much that I have been able to root my Redmi note 10 5G! My only problem right now is how do I pass ctsProfile check and Play Protect certification? Did I do something wrong along the root process?
    uhmm i don't know ctsprofile (??) i can tell you that bank app, google PAY and all the rest is working
    if you are referring to those than you should activate MAGISK HIDE, meaning you have to hide those apps giving you problem !
    if i misunderstood let me know
    is root useful on this phone
    For me, it is always useful to use adaway and titanium for instance, so, I'd say yes for my part :)
    Hey sir,
    Does this worked on MIUI 12.5.x?
    I try flash my RM Note 10 Pro (China), it's get bootloop.
    I dont know it's my operation wrong or This way doesnot support MIUI 12.5.x (Im using 12.5.8)
    ok, I think I am figuring out what happened.
    there are two RM Note 10 Pro:
    Redmi Note 10 Pro Global ( codename : sweet) Qualcomm SM7150 Snapdragon 732G
    Redmi Note 10 Pro China ( codename : chopin) base on MTK CPU MT6891

and
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G is based on MediaTek MT6833
    same as Xiaomi Poco M3 Pro 5G

but chopin should work in your way since they both MTK CPU...
    Hi.
    Anybody solve the problem with error for command disable verification? For "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification" reply "unknown option"
    I try flash Magisk 23, 22.1, 21.4 with same result, bootloop. Flash vbmeta.img too, but phone don't boot correct.Only bootloop.With stock boot image boot fine.
    you get bootloop cause disable verity did not work... if you read some older messages I gave another fastboot command to another user, and then try it (also be sure to have latest adb/fastboot)
    THIS METHOD WORKS on both:
    POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G

hey guys.. wonderful news.. been trying here and there and IT WORKS FINALLY i gained root of POCO m3 Pro 5G !
    i'll write in steps how it works and post all files i've been using

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your phone "

that said :

1 - unlock your bootloader .. it'll take 168 hours so the earlier the best
    if you don't know how to do it check XIAOMI bootloader unlock on xda

2 - download your rom (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ get exactly the one you are on ) with this i mean YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone, you can simply check your rom in settings!

3 - from the zip file extract boot.img

4 - get magisk ( i've used 22.1 and it worked.. you might try with the most recent but since it worked for me i suggest to use 22.1)
    now you need to patch original boot.img ( keep a copy of the original one )

5 - copy the patched boot.img you got from magisk and copy it to your pc

6 - VERY IMPORTANT get this "empty " vbmeta.img ( link at bottom of this post)

7 - now reboot your Smartphone in fastboot , you can do it in 2 ways:
    adb reboot bootloader
    or
    turn off poco and then keep pressed VOLUM DOWN and POWER

8 - fastboot commands:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

(you should get this response)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]

now send patched boot.img ( rename it just like so )
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.524s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.224s]
    and finally :

Code:
    fastboot reboot

you will NOT get any

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

you will get your POCO rooted as i show in the pictures!
    IF you have any questions ask.. i'm gonna upload PATCHED boot.img for MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable ( so you get already a pacthed boot.img )
    i upload also ORIGINAL stock boot.img always from MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable
    and i upload vbmeta.img empty !

enjoy it !!!

FILES : magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img rename it to boot.img

[EDIT] added on 25 AUGUST 2021 BOOT.img and already MAGISK patched BOOT.img V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM

AVOID auto firmware UPDATE by Xiaomi

follow this post:

with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    This is know issue. You have "lite" version of adb/fastboot. The version with bigger files will support all parameters.
    Hello! Do You know how to fix "dm verity is corrupt"?
    The correct flashing vbmeta.img should fix this problem.
    GOOGLE PAY WORKS... another good news 👍👍👍 @Kwiato