• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide ROOT GAINED !!!!

Search This thread

user941

Jun 30, 2021
You can use each one, if you are able to extract boot partition from it.
isn't extracting the partition is just unzipping it and locating the boot.img file?
unless you mean patching the boot image file via. Magisk, which I've never tried before, but hope it works.

* So, basically, any 'Redmi Note 10 5G' ROM listed should work well with 'POCO M3 Pro 5G' device as well?
* Is there a list somewhere with the differences between the different versions of the ROMs (Global vs EEA vs India vs China, etc)?
* Will it be a problem to use OTA updates after rooting? I'd have to remove the root, update and then use the same method to re-install Magisk?

b00b

Oct 24, 2010
does anyone know how to get 'sip calling' support on the Note 10 5G as when you try to use it it say 'sip calling not supported' ?

also, can one still install TWRP after rooting with Magisk so one can do full system backups via TWRP? :unsure:

Last edited:

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
* So, basically, any 'Redmi Note 10 5G' ROM listed should work well with 'POCO M3 Pro 5G' device as well?
* Is there a list somewhere with the differences between the different versions of the ROMs (Global vs EEA vs India vs China, etc)?
* Will it be a problem to use OTA updates after rooting? I'd have to remove the root, update and then use the same method to re-install Magisk?
1. Stock roms are different. (Poco uses own launcher). I do not now and will not check.
2. China version has different set of blootware and often drivers, because china and not china versions could have differences in hardware.
EEA will support all Europe languages, but not all Afican, the global can support Africa better.
3. OTA should work ok, but after update the rooting has to be repeated.

Last edited:
Reactions: user941 and b00b

b00b

Oct 24, 2010
Maybe , write the link to TWRP . Maybe after reading twrp description the answer will be possible to write.
TWRP is here - https://twrp.me/

or see a version for the Xiaomi Poco F3 / Xiaomi Mi 11X / Redmi K40

https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xiaomi-poco-f3-xiaomi-mi-11x-redmi-k40.12161

however according to the above link (ie https://twrp.me/), there doesnt seem to even be a version that supports the Redmi Note 10 5G yet unfortunately :(, i tend to forget that this phone only came out a few mths ago.

Last edited:

10t

Jun 26, 2021
If you will lock bootloader and make a mistake, you will not be able to fix your phone.
The flashing fastboot version im Mi Flash Tool should fix all your problems.
I've try to flash stock ROM (EEA) with "clean all and lock" option in fastboot mode, but error "dm verity is corrupt" not disappear. Mi Flash version is 2021.2.26.0. What am I doing wrong?)

April_22

Jul 3, 2021
Hi sir Plz help me
i make bootloader unlock and
change eea rom with fastboot
but my phone has stuck on fastboot and

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot error​

Attachments

• 208491946_517012396085581_128634630483009436_n.jpg
    208491946_517012396085581_128634630483009436_n.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: simika

user941

Jun 30, 2021
To update, I've tried rooting with POCO M3 Pro 5G with a Global Rom - I had Rom 12.0.2.0 installed and the archive only had 12.0.1.0, so to be sure, I flashed 12.0.1.0 first using Mi-Flash.

After that, I unpacked the rom zip file, found the boot.img and patched it using the latest Magisk, then flashed it and vbmeta.img following the instructions in the first post -

it worked well and the device was rooted successfully.
There was later an issue where the 'recent apps' button didn't work - just didn't respond to any clicks, but after a bit of Googling, I managed to solve that by installing a more recent version of the POCO launcher, which fixed the issue.

I should also mention that I was surprised to find that the Global rom came with a few silly games installed, which weren't there on my original factory rom, but I had no problem uninstalling those manually.

Thanks for all the help provided here !
The next challenge will probably be updating the system while keeping the existing root status, we'll see how that goes once we get there :)

Last edited:
Reactions: simika

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
guys.. relax... don't rush!
first of all when you see Dm-verity corrupt "bootloop" is not really bootloop..
just press once the power button and your smartphone will boot.

second to remove the dm-verity corruption you need to upload(fastboot) vbmeta. img is all written in first post

Reactions: user941 and Kwiato

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
To update, I've tried rooting with POCO M3 Pro 5G with a Global Rom - I had Rom 12.0.2.0 installed and the archive only had 12.0.1.0, so to be sure, I flashed 12.0.1.0 first using Mi-Flash.

After that, I unpacked the rom zip file, found the boot.img and patched it using the latest Magisk, then flashed it and vbmeta.img following the instructions in the first post -

it worked well and the device was rooted successfully.
There was later an issue where the 'recent apps' button didn't work - just didn't respond to any clicks, but after a bit of Googling, I managed to solve that by installing a more recent version, which fixed the issue.

I should also mention that I was surprised to find that the Global rom came with a few silly games installed, which weren't there on my original factory rom, but I had no problem uninstalling those manually.

Thanks for all the help provided here !
The next challenge will probably be updating the system while keeping the existing root status, we'll see how that goes once we get there :)
happy it did work well :)

Reactions: user941

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
i just try sir but if i press power button onces , but it still stop on logo and sometime turn on fastboot logo
well that's weird, it is written even there in the screenshot you posted on "press power button to boot". when that appear just press it, if it doesn't work press it again, it'll boot, and then same happened to me while I was trying to do the right thing

Last edited:

b00b

Oct 24, 2010
Tomek.. everything is working... just read the
You will need some changes ... in magisk .
1. Change magisk name.
2. Activate magisk hide and select google services, google play and bank applications.
3. Install (in magisk) safety net fix 1.1.1 .
Check safety net in magisk. If it will be green, all should work. Else you can only change fingerprint ...

Tomek.. everything is working... just read the post i wrote later ! also Google pay works !!

post i wrote later ! also Google pay works !!
so are your banking apps working ?

not for me, even though hide magisk is enabled and safenet fix 1.20 is installed via magisk and testing safenet from wihin magisk say pass , Halifax UK banking app is saying cant use, as rooted. :unsure:

Screenshot from 2021-07-08 04:44:57.png

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
so are your banking apps working ?
I do not need it ...
Open the hide list in the magisk.
Be sure all google apps you have here selected (services and play).
Add your bank app to the selected.

Safety net fix is realy universal safety net fix 1.1.1 to download from internet and install in magisk from file and not from list.

Reactions: b00b

b00b

Oct 24, 2010
I do not need it ...
Open the hide list in the magisk.
Be sure all google apps you have here selected (services and play).
Add your bank app to the selected.

Safety net fix is realy universal safety net fix 1.1.1 to download from internet and install in magisk from file and not from list.
ok, thanks for that, found it and its a .zip file that i then went into magisk itself to install, however the banking app still wont play-ball unfortunately - from reseaching, some say that some of these banking apps cld be also be scanning for other 'root' app, that if you have installed then it is deemed that the phone or device has been rooted, for example TWRP. Titanium Backup, Root Explorer etc etc.

Ah well, it not really a matter of great importance to have to use the banking app, i can still use their banking website :)

...and yeah, there is now a v1.20 of the safetynet fix app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    guys "unfortunately" xiaomi did update by itself.. I've got 12.0.10
    j just did the root sequence like in the first page and I have root again.
    later tonight I'll upload boot of 12.0.10 original and patched.

I did prevent xiaomi to auto update but didn't work..
    just now I tried to "freeze" updater.apk with titanium but doesn't allow me, suggestions?
    try to turn off automatic updates in developer options
    Ok guys as promised i UPDATED 1st and 2nd post of this thread !
    I've added ORIGINAL and PATCHED boot.img of V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM
    so if you updated your firmware to latest available (V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM )
    you already have the patched boot.img !
    In the second post i described what you should do in case you update your firmware and lost your root
    i also added
    payload_dumper
    which you will need in the future if you decide to UPDATE your rom and you need original boot.img

remember to like 1st post if all of this helped you ! thank you
    Thank you so much that I have been able to root my Redmi note 10 5G! My only problem right now is how do I pass ctsProfile check and Play Protect certification? Did I do something wrong along the root process?
    Thank you so much that I have been able to root my Redmi note 10 5G! My only problem right now is how do I pass ctsProfile check and Play Protect certification? Did I do something wrong along the root process?
    uhmm i don't know ctsprofile (??) i can tell you that bank app, google PAY and all the rest is working
    if you are referring to those than you should activate MAGISK HIDE, meaning you have to hide those apps giving you problem !
    if i misunderstood let me know
    is root useful on this phone
    For me, it is always useful to use adaway and titanium for instance, so, I'd say yes for my part :)
    THIS METHOD WORKS on both:
    POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G

hey guys.. wonderful news.. been trying here and there and IT WORKS FINALLY i gained root of POCO m3 Pro 5G !
    i'll write in steps how it works and post all files i've been using

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your phone "

that said :

1 - unlock your bootloader .. it'll take 168 hours so the earlier the best
    if you don't know how to do it check XIAOMI bootloader unlock on xda

2 - download your rom (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ get exactly the one you are on ) with this i mean YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone, you can simply check your rom in settings!

3 - from the zip file extract boot.img

4 - get magisk ( i've used 22.1 and it worked.. you might try with the most recent but since it worked for me i suggest to use 22.1)
    now you need to patch original boot.img ( keep a copy of the original one )

5 - copy the patched boot.img you got from magisk and copy it to your pc

6 - VERY IMPORTANT get this "empty " vbmeta.img ( link at bottom of this post)

7 - now reboot your Smartphone in fastboot , you can do it in 2 ways:
    adb reboot bootloader
    or
    turn off poco and then keep pressed VOLUM DOWN and POWER

8 - fastboot commands:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

(you should get this response)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]

now send patched boot.img ( rename it just like so )
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.524s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.224s]
    and finally :

Code:
    fastboot reboot

you will NOT get any

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

you will get your POCO rooted as i show in the pictures!
    IF you have any questions ask.. i'm gonna upload PATCHED boot.img for MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable ( so you get already a pacthed boot.img )
    i upload also ORIGINAL stock boot.img always from MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable
    and i upload vbmeta.img empty !

enjoy it !!!

FILES : magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img rename it to boot.img

[EDIT] added on 25 AUGUST 2021 BOOT.img and already MAGISK patched BOOT.img V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM

AVOID auto firmware UPDATE by Xiaomi

follow this post:

with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    This is know issue. You have "lite" version of adb/fastboot. The version with bigger files will support all parameters.
    Another week passed and I was finally able to root my Redmi note 10 5g from UK Vodafone. First I flashed the EEA latest rom V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM. Than I followed the tutorial from the first page, with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    As the command provided was not recognized.
    And I used the newest Magisk v23
    Hello! Do You know how to fix "dm verity is corrupt"?
    The correct flashing vbmeta.img should fix this problem.
    GOOGLE PAY WORKS... another good news 👍👍👍 @Kwiato