How To Guide ROOT GAINED !!!!

Search This thread

FrranciscoM

Dec 9, 2021
Hi. I came to this post looking to solve the problem in my Redmi note 10 5G.

But I haven't been able to do that, Might you help me?

If so, here is the story:

When my phone turns on or restarts comes with the message: Dm-verity corrupt...press power button in 5 seconds...; so, to start the phone I must press power button and the phone starts, if I don't press power button the phone stays in a loop and finally turns off.
I don't remember how the problem begun exactly, but at that time my phone was locked, no root.
Now my phone is rooted, I tried to use the command that you posted (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verificat...) but fastboot says that this command doesn't exist.
I'm stucked.
Other (usefull?) info:
I'm using the fastboot.exe that comes with the xiaomi Miflash unlock 5.5.224.24
My phone's current ROM is 12.0.5.0 RKSLMCR
I try to connect to MiPCSuite 3.2.1.3111 and is not possible it says that I must update my phone
I try to erase cache partition from Xiaomi ADB/fastboot 7.0.3 and receive the message: partition table don't exist

I don't want to brick my phone so I really appreciate your help.

Hope read you soon.

luattic

Jan 26, 2017
Hi, @FrranciscoM
I've noted, your phone is now rooted, so try another fastboot choose your os version... this is the latest r31.0.3 at this time. After that, try as mentioned at this heading thread, if your issue is not solved, backup all you personals data, images... and flash a new stock rom (official) and proceed again for rooting your device.
Your story is really strange, without any modification your device shows a corrupted Dm-verity. This is an unusual situation...

Hope this help.

Edit1: To flash a rom, I don't use software like spflashtool or others (I can't get them to work properly), I do it using the bash script included in the large stock rom, in my case:
Redmi Note 10 5G EEAStableFastboot
Be sure to choose fastboot version.
After unpack, you will find the files: flash_all.sh, there is a flash_all.bat for you too. These allow you to completely overwrite your previous installation. This is my modest recommendation.
Edit2: for 3rd party apps and more backup , I recommand: Migrate - ROM data backup: 4.0 & his companion Migrate flasher since the marvelous Titanium Backup (root needed) does not work very well with android 11.

Last edited:

FrranciscoM

Dec 9, 2021
Hi, @FrranciscoM
I've noted, your phone is now rooted, so try another fastboot choose your os version... this is the latest r31.0.3 at this time. After that, try as mentioned at this heading thread, if your issue is not solved, backup all you personals data, images... and flash a new stock rom (official) and proceed again for rooting your device.
Your story is really strange, without any modification your device shows a corrupted Dm-verity. This is an unusual situation...

Hope this help.

Edit1: To flash a rom, I don't use software like spflashtool or others (I can't get them to work properly), I do it using the bash script included in the large stock rom, in my case:
Redmi Note 10 5G EEAStableFastboot
Be sure to choose fastboot version.
After unpack, you will find the files: flash_all.sh, there is a flash_all.bat for you too. These allow you to completely overwrite your previous installation. This is my modest recommendation.
Edit2: for 3rd party apps and more backup , I recommand: Migrate - ROM data backup: 4.0 & his companion Migrate flasher since the marvelous Titanium Backup (root needed) does not work very well with android 11.
Hi.

Thanks for take the time to answer in a so clear way.
I already download the most recent fastboot versión, and yes, the instruction "disable.." was added to this version
I haven't found the exact ROM version that I already have installed in my phone (In the tread says that I must use the boot.img from this room) It means that I must download a ROM (updated) to flash my phone. Am I rigth?.
If I overwrite he previous installation, Will the Corrupted DM-Verity message will gone?

By the way, you are rigth, this message didn't came "so alone", it came after I selected an option in the settings to install a new version of Android (or something to try a new version, I don't remember neither found this option again) but the phone wasn't rooted by this time.

Thanks for your knowledge.

luattic

Jan 26, 2017
@FrranciscoM
All right.
To find your rom version, go to parameters (gearing wheel) tap on About and look at the row version MIUI, on mine i got:
MIUI Global 12.0.11
Stable
12.0.11.0(RKSEUXM)
the important part is in red bold RKSEUXM (europe) for me. this is for the full flash solution.

But, in your case of
corrupted Dm-verity message, have you try the method from the 1st post with vbmeta.img given on first post?
Bash:
$ fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

and eventually flashing the boot with given method to obtain it (Magisk)? for this, you need an original boot.img provided by a fastboot stock rom.

Before doing anything else, try to correctly flash vbmeta and maybe boot images

Reactions: jorrit47

luattic

Jan 26, 2017
Hi, @ksadmir97
In fact, I know the bash script, I see what it does and I know what it will do during its execution. I can trust it and that makes me feel better. This is only my opinion and it is not an obligation at all.
Now if this is better, I don't know, the only thing I can say is that I included the root part to the given script in the stock rom. It works in one pass.
It's not better or worse than anything else, it's just my way :)

Edit: for your information, I'm the kind of guy who deleted or froze all MI services except the MI account, just to allow the installation of the adb apk, I tried to delete everything but it doesn't work.... Waiting (I hope) for a working TWRP and a good custom rom to be available one of these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksadmir97

FrranciscoM

Dec 9, 2021
Hi.

The Vbmeta operation works perfectly, the annoying message its gone.
I think that I'm ready to flash the newest ROM or try a custom one (what is your advice?).

One question (of many) if I use a ROM from Here Will I need to root my phone again?
Something that I haven't undertood: The boot.img its the same for all the ROM's of the same phone? Could I use the boot.img of any ROM?

Thanks again for your time and Knowledge.

luattic

Jan 26, 2017
@ksadmir97
  1. Each boot.img is delivered with its rom and must be used only with it. It contains a lot of redundant information that is present in the rest of the files that correspond to it, such as the brand, the model, the version of the rom and many others... If you use a boot.img from another rom, even if it is the same model, you may encounter unwanted problems.
  2. After an update or reinstallation, to get root privileges you have to proceed again following the instructions of the first post (flashing vbmeta.img and boot.img 'the version modified by the magisk root operation'). There are some Xda members (see posts on this thread) who provide the boot.img file already patched corresponding to a specific version of the rom, you can certainly use one of them if you don't want to do it yourself but pay attention to the version and the region.

kraunatz

Sep 26, 2021
so unroot in this device supposed to be same with how to root by replacing patched boot.img with ori img right ?

reason i want to unroot because my game detect magisk or it safe to uninstall magisk ?

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Hi all! Can someone help me please? I am unable to hide magisk from 2 banking apps . BT and BRD. They say that the system is compromised , rooted. I am on xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G with MIUI 12.5.1.0.RKSEUXM. I am able to add cards to Google Pay but not pay with it and I can't use the banking apps. I have attached some screenshots with the setup. Can you guys please help me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-12-51-480_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-12-51-480_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-12-55-337_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-12-55-337_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-13-24-363_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-13-24-363_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-20-54-186_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-15-20-54-186_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2021-12-27-16-22-19-443_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-16-22-19-443_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Hi all! Can someone help me please? I am unable to hide magisk from 2 banking apps . BT and BRD. They say that the system is compromised , rooted.
You probably need to hide the Magisk App so it shows up in the app drawer under a different name (e.g. Settings) - I can see from the third screenshot that this hasn't been done. Also, if the apps requested root access, did you reject them? Banking apps would usually refuse to run if they can obtain root.

Reactions: simika

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
You probably need to hide the Magisk App so it shows up in the app drawer under a different name (e.g. Settings) - I can see from the third screenshot that this hasn't been done. Also, if the apps requested root access, did you reject them? Banking apps would usually refuse to run if they can obtain root.
Did that now.. named it aaaaaa . Tried a reboot and the apps still say that I am rooted. The banking apps never requested toot access. Also tried to uninstall the banking apps, and reinstall them. :((

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Did that now.. named it aaaaaa . Tried a reboot and the apps still say that I am rooted. The banking apps never requested toot access. Also tried to uninstall the banking apps, and reinstall them. :((
You did add the apps to the Magisk Hide list again after reinstalling them? I think you would probably also only have to clear the app data rather than reinstalling in order to try again. There are suggestions for a different banking app in this thread although I didn't have to do any of those things myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS METHOD WORKS on both:

hey guys.. wonderful news.. been trying here and there and IT WORKS FINALLY i gained root of POCO m3 Pro 5G !
    i'll write in steps how it works and post all files i've been using

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your phone "

that said :

1 - unlock your bootloader .. it'll take 168 hours so the earlier the best
    if you don't know how to do it check XIAOMI bootloader unlock on xda

2 - download your rom (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/camellia/ get exactly the one you are on ) with this i mean YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone, you can simply check your rom in settings!

3 - from the zip file extract boot.img

4 - get magisk ( i've used 22.1 and it worked.. you might try with the most recent but since it worked for me i suggest to use 22.1)
    now you need to patch original boot.img ( keep a copy of the original one )

5 - copy the patched boot.img you got from magisk and copy it to your pc

6 - VERY IMPORTANT get this "empty " vbmeta.img ( link at bottom of this post)

7 - now reboot your Smartphone in fastboot , you can do it in 2 ways:
    adb reboot bootloader
    or
    turn off poco and then keep pressed VOLUM DOWN and POWER

8 - fastboot commands:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

(you should get this response)
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]

now send patched boot.img ( rename it just like so )
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img Sending 'boot_a' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.524s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 0.224s]
    and finally :

Code:
    fastboot reboot

you will NOT get any

Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

you will get your POCO rooted as i show in the pictures!
    IF you have any questions ask.. i'm gonna upload PATCHED boot.img for MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable ( so you get already a pacthed boot.img )
    i upload also ORIGINAL stock boot.img always from MIUI Global EEA 12.0.8 stable
    and i upload vbmeta.img empty !

enjoy it !!!

FILES : magisk_patched-22100_WInEw.img rename it to boot.img

[EDIT] added on 25 AUGUST 2021 BOOT.img and already MAGISK patched BOOT.img V12.0.10.0.RKSEUXM

AVOID auto firmware UPDATE by Xiaomi

follow this post:

with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    This is know issue. You have "lite" version of adb/fastboot. The version with bigger files will support all parameters.
    Another week passed and I was finally able to root my Redmi note 10 5g from UK Vodafone. First I flashed the EEA latest rom V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM. Than I followed the tutorial from the first page, with one exception, in point 8 I used this command:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    As the command provided was not recognized.
    And I used the newest Magisk v23
    Hello! Do You know how to fix "dm verity is corrupt"?
    The correct flashing vbmeta.img should fix this problem.
    GOOGLE PAY WORKS... another good news 👍👍👍 @Kwiato