[ROOT] GALAXY Note II with KNOX Bootloader on XXUEMK4 (or later)

onedirection

Dec 16, 2013
Are you getting stuck to root your upgraded 4.3 Note II on N7100XXUEMK4 (or later) because of KNOX bootloader?? wanna root and have custom recovery and rom installed on your device?? It's easy guys, no more to dream! We'll pass through the KNOX bootloader and start rooting!!

/!\ BEFORE YOU START, I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND THAT ROOTING THROWS AWAY YOUR WARRANTY AND KNOX WARRANTY FLAG ON YOUR ODIN WILL BECOME 1, ALSO YOU MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! (I recommend you to do this when your warranty is already void / one year of warranty has been completed) /!\

Step 1 Download the attachment by clicking this link (ROOT XXUEMK4.zip).
Step 2 Extract it, and you will get 2 zip files (ROOT.zip; RECOVERY TWRP.zip).
Step 3 Extract RECOVERY TWRP.zip, and you will get a file named Recovery.img .
Step 4 Open Odin (any version of Odin *recommended Odin3 v.3.09*) and put the Recovery.img to PDA(on Odin3 v.1.xx) or AP (on Odin3 v.3xx). Then, boot your device to download mode and connect it to your PC. After that, hit start button. Flashing will be finished less than 15 seconds.
Step 5 Custom TWRP Recovery is now installed on your phone. The rest of the things are quite simple.
Step 6 Now, move the ROOT.zip which you got after extracting ROOT XXUEMK4.zip.
Step 7 Boot your phone into the recovery mode, then press Install Zip, and flash ROOT.zip.
Step 8 Wait for flashing to be finished. After it has finished, your phone boots up, all set up
and you're good to go! :D *SuperSU has been installed on your phone.*

FAILURE TO FOLLOW MAY RESULT BRICKING YOUR PHONE! ALWAYS HAVE FIRMWARE BACKED UP ON YOUR COMPUTER!

I hope you enjoyed with your rooted device! *If it works, don't forget to hit the :good: button :). Feel free to leave any comments or PM me if you have any question. ;)*

Last edited:

TheNotWowDev

Dec 17, 2013
Mumbai
Are you getting stuck to root your upgraded 4.3 Note II on N7100XXUEMK4 (or later) because of KNOX bootloader?? wanna root and have custom recovery and rom installed on your device?? It's easy guys, no more to dream! We'll pass through the KNOX bootloader and start rooting!!

/!\ BEFORE YOU START, I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND THAT ROOTING THROWS AWAY YOUR WARRANTY AND KNOX WARRANTY FLAG ON YOUR ODIN WILL BECOME 1, ALSO YOU MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! (I recommend you to do this when your warranty is already void / one year of warranty has been completed) /!\

Step 1 Download the attachment by clicking this link (ROOT XXUEMK4.zip).[/URL]
Step 2 Extract it, and you will get 2 zip files (ROOT.zip; RECOVERY TWRP.zip).
Step 3 Extract RECOVERY TWRP.zip, and you will get a file named Recovery.img .
Step 4 Open Odin (any version of Odin) and put the Recovery.img to PDA(on Odin3 v.1.xx) or AP (on Odin3 v.3xx). Then, boot your device to download mode and connect it to your PC. After that, hit start button. Flashing will be finished less than 15 seconds.
Step 5 Custom TWRP Recovery is now installed on your phone. The rest of the things are quite simple.
Step 6 Now, move the ROOT.zip which you got after extracting ROOT XXUEMK4.zip.
Step 7 Boot your phone into the recovery mode, then press Install Zip, and flash ROOT.zip.
Step 8 Wait for flashing to be finished. After it has finished, your phone boots up, all set up
and you're good to go! :D *SuperSU has been installed on your phone.*

FAILURE TO FOLLOW MAY RESULT BRICKING YOUR PHONE! ALWAYS HAVE FIRMWARE BACKED UP ON YOUR COMPUTER!

I hope you enjoyed with your rooted device! *If it works, don't forget to hit the :good: button :). Feel free to leave any comments or PM me if you have any question. ;)* [/FONT]
thank you very much it work well cos i upgrade my note 2 and i get knox bootloader on odin. dont care cos my warrnty is over:) thank u very much once again

Didsbury

Nov 30, 2009
Manchester
Thanks for that. I have some questions

1. Is this for after you have installed a Samsung 4.3 update?

2. Step 4 says put the .img file on the phone using Odin. My version of Odin 3.7 does not allow img files.

onedirection

Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for that. I have some questions

1. Is this for after you have installed a Samsung 4.3 update?

2. Step 4 says put the .img file on the phone using Odin. My version of Odin 3.7 does not allow img files.
1. Yes, it happened after I had installed the 4.3 UEMK4 update (India leaked).. I just want to have a custom ROM, thats why I have to root it.

2. well, the simple thing is.. you gotta download the previous version of Odin (I suggest you to download the Odin3 v.3.09. It works well.)

Reactions: repocracks.net

Ninomaxx

Sep 26, 2007
Hồ Chí Minh
I am in N7105-TGY stock rom MK3 locked by KNOX

Can i root my lte phone? Anyone try and feedback plz,

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thanks,

onedirection

Dec 16, 2013

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thanks,
Yes, you can. But, you need to download the custom recovery for N7105, then flash the root.zip.

Reactions: Ninomaxx

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
hey thanks for the above guide i just had a quick question,my note 2 is from UAE and running stock 4.1.2 and is non rooted so i was wondering can i just download the Indian 4.3 firmware and upgrade my UAE note 2? would it affect anything on my note 2 since its from a different region ?Thanks

saif.dmaster

May 1, 2011
MUMBAI
hey thanks for the above guide i just had a quick question,my note 2 is from UAE and running stock 4.1.2 and is non rooted so i was wondering can i just download the Indian 4.3 firmware and upgrade my UAE note 2? would it affect anything on my note 2 since its from a different region ?Thanks
yes you can do that, but let me warn you once you've installed the 4.3 rom youll get the knox bootloader and after that if you root your phone your warranty will get void and you cant revert it back.. there are many good 4.3 custom roms available.. you can go for that if you want.. i would suggest DN3 rom since it is 4.3 rom n has all the note3 functions.. but then again its ur choice

Reactions: singhpratik87

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
yes you can do that, but let me warn you once you've installed the 4.3 rom youll get the knox bootloader and after that if you root your phone your warranty will get void and you cant revert it back.. there are many good 4.3 custom roms available.. you can go for that if you want.. i would suggest DN3 rom since it is 4.3 rom n has all the note3 functions.. but then again its ur choice
Thanks for your suggestion, I don't really care about warranty, just wanted to make sure i do not end up bricking my phone by downloading 4.3 India firmware on my UAE note 2 running stock 4.1.2.Yes i've been following the 4.3 custom roms closely and DN3 seems a good choice. Perhaps i'll give 4.3 a shot this weekend on my note 2 and root it few weeks later. Just wondering are there any serious bugs in 4.3 Indian firmware?From what i've read people are saying no wifi bug and such,just wanted to be sure before i go ahead and download it

Garu8

Dec 20, 2013
New Delhi
Hey !,
I have a query that after rooting will I be able to upgrade note 2 to kit kat without custom rom just by custom recovery :confused:( like TWRP ),the official update of kit kat you know ??:confused::confused:

!!Note : please reply by 22nd dec.!!

:good::good::good: Thanks in Advance :good::good:

:angel::angel: If possible thank me also.:angel::angel:

Last edited:

Garu8

Dec 20, 2013
New Delhi
;)Hey !
,I have a query that after rooting will I be able to upgrade note 2 to kit kat without custom rom just by custom recovery*( like TWRP ),the official update of kit kat you know ??:confused:

:fingers-crossed:!!Note : please reply by 22nd dec!!.:fingers-crossed:

:good:Thanks in Advance.:good:
*:angel::angel:If possible thank me also.:angel::angel: