[ROOT] Galaxy Tab 4 7" T230 Only

Search This thread

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB

ROOT FOR GALAXY TAB 4 7" T230

THIS IS FOR THE T230/T230NU NOT ANY OTHER T23X MODELS. OTHER 23X USERS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

VROOT IS DEPERCIATED AND NO LONGER WORKS BUT WHO CARES SUCKED ANYWAYS.

INSTRUCTIONS
doesnt matter now. rooted without the vroot help.
i just flashed TWRP recovery thru Odin 3.09 then it detects that im not rooted and it rooted it few clicks

1.) download Odin 3.09 and TWRP(recovery.tar) - all attached
2.) put tablet on Download Mode (Power Button+Volume Down+Home Button)
3.) flash the recovery.tar thru Odin 3.09 use PDA/AP button on Odin
4a.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP (Power Button+Volume Up+Home Button)
4b.) Do NOT boot to android
5.) reboot device to TWRP directly from download mode. TWRP will detect that tablet is not rooted and ask if you want to intalls root. Slide to Install
6.) find SuperSU installer, follow instruction to install.
7.) download RootChecker to verify root

DOWNLOADS

LATEST TWRP

ODIN 3.09

[SIZE="6] CREDIT[/SIZE] @inciongnene

^Be sure to Thank his original post, post number 45.

Last edited:

Jason L

Jun 1, 2011
Despite kind of clumsily clicking through, I managed to get her rooted/Verified with root checker from the Play store/Installed Titanuim Backup pro and froze a ton of useless apps - Runs fine and kind of nice to be able to freeze things. I did disconnect the wifi connection from my pc before I did the install of VRoot and I never had an issue FYI.

tecfan69

Aug 5, 2014
it failed. I tried several times. Can you guys help?

when connecting the tab it takes 10 minutes to establish the usb connection. after clicking the root button it takes another 10 minutes. meanwhile the chinese app shows a green field the a blue field and so on.

can you guys confirm that behaviour? thanks.

Albetrois

Aug 14, 2014
so i installed the VRoot software whilst disconnected from the internet like suggested.
however the software doesnt seem to be working properly. Heres the 2 things that pop up when i try to get it work.

modunlocker

Aug 4, 2014
How come it says file not found? Ive done every step with superusersu and I even see the file under my files but the terminal says its not found

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

steve30x

Aug 16, 2011
How come it says file not found? Ive done every step with superusersu and I even see the file under my files but the terminal says its not found

Mine said file not found too on the last step and then rebooted but it turned out that it was rooted after it rebooted.

modunlocker

Aug 4, 2014
I figured it out. I goofed hah! Its straightend out now and its rooted lol. I look forward to the custom roms soon! Now i need a recovery or bootloader. Whichever name is more prefrenced.

markiss77

Jun 7, 2010
root issue

So I accidently updated and ran 1.78 file as opposed disconnecting my Internet and run 1.7.7. It was successful but i am getting su not found when running from android emulator terminal. Am I screwed to fix this? I did factory default tablet not it doesn't update 1.7.7 anymore..I could not understand the Chinese wording but clicking on green button it doesn't update like I saw finished when I did it on 1.7.8 version. When I rebooted, i checked root checker of course it's not rooted. Can anybody assist me?

Faulker

Mar 18, 2013
I ran this root, which went well...random question, will the root hold if I do the system updates? I know some do, some don't. Figured I should ask before updating at all. If it won't hold, do we have a source for the updates?

codinapkin

Oct 8, 2010
so i have vroot 1.7.7 but still get the bluescreeen with a x meaning its not successful what am i doing wrong?

I kept, having the same problem, it's because of the August update.

You need to revert to the previous update. You can go to sammobile dot com and get the previous firmware for your tablet. Get the latest firmware that does not have Kies. Instructions for how to install it onto your tablet are on sammobile. You'll use Odin 3.09, and once you've flashed the previous frimware, turn off any wifi connection on your tablet so that it doesn't re-update. Then root using the method in this forum and you should be good.

Reactions: txtofl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROOT FOR GALAXY TAB 4 7" T230

THIS IS FOR THE T230/T230NU NOT ANY OTHER T23X MODELS. OTHER 23X USERS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

VROOT IS DEPERCIATED AND NO LONGER WORKS BUT WHO CARES SUCKED ANYWAYS.

INSTRUCTIONS
    i just flashed TWRP recovery thru Odin 3.09 then it detects that im not rooted and it rooted it few clicks

4a.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP (Power Button+Volume Up+Home Button)
    4b.) Do NOT boot to android
    5.) reboot device to TWRP directly from download mode. TWRP will detect that tablet is not rooted and ask if you want to intalls root. Slide to Install

DOWNLOADS

LATEST TWRP

ODIN 3.09

[SIZE="6] CREDIT[/SIZE] @inciongnene

^Be sure to Thank his original post, post number 45.

4.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP (Power Button+Volume Up+Home Button)
    5.) reboot device, TWRP will detect that tablet is not rooted and ask if you want to intalls root. Slide to Install
    Worked

This method worked on my SM-T230NU. However, to make it easier for others here is what I did!

1.) download Odin 3.09 and TWRP
    3.) flash the recovery.tar thru Odin 3.09 use PDA/AP button on Odin -------Do not let the table restart after download mode or it will wipe the TWRP. right away hold Power Button+Volume Up+Home Button even if the tablet is resting.
    4.) put tablet on Recovery Mode, this time it would be modified recovery TWRP (Power Button+Volume Up+Home Button)
    5.) reboot device, TWRP will detect that tablet is not rooted and ask if you want to intalls root. Slide to Install ------The in the secound screen touch system that's where you will see the screen which asks you to root.
    6.) find SuperSU installer, follow instruction to install. ----- after your tablet is on, go to you apps, find superSu and open it, then touch play to update it from Google play.

5.) reboot device, TWRP will detect that tablet is not rooted and ask if you want to intalls root. Slide to Install
    Any idea what happened to the ODIN download? Mega says that the file is no longer on their server, at least not through the links I have seen.

TIA.

Hello, I attached Odin 3.07 and 3.09 to this post for you. Download whichever you need, extract the folder inside the zip to your desktop, double click the .exe file to run Odin
    How do i swap external memory with internal?

By not asking in multiple treads like a jackass
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone