I think I'll wait for a twrp port. This seems a little too risky without the ability to do a backup firstHere is, what I did: (on your own risk)
As far as i can remember, i did not have any issues.
Step 1: Unlock your device
1. Enable Developer Options: Tap 10x on Build-Number (Setttings -> About the phone -> Build-Number)
2. Enable Bootloader Unlocking -> activate OEM-Unlock option (Settings -> System -> (More) -> Developer-Options)
3. Enable ADB Access -> Enable USB-Debugging / ADB (Settings -> System -> (More) -> Developer-Options)
4. (Set USB-Settings (Message-Center) from "No tx" to "PTP")
5. Connect phone to usb port, grant permissions on phone and check connection with `adb devices`
6. Boot to bootloader: `adb reboot bootloader`
7. Unlock Bootloader: `fastboot flashing unlock`
Step 2: Download GSI
1. Reboot your phone and install Treble Info App
GS4 should support AB-Partitions
2. Download GSI: https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/
For GS4: treble_arm64_bv*
Step 3: Install GSI
1. Boot to recovery: `adb reboot recovery` or Volume Down + Power
2. Wipe data
3. Wipe cache
4. Enter fastboot
5. Flash GSI: `fastboot flash system <extracted-gsi-image>`
6. Reboot and enjoy
*. (just in case it does not boot, reboot to recovery -> enter fastboot and flash vbmeta: `fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img`)
This vbmeta-image should work: https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/patched-vbmeta-v2-img.5034407/
you need to bee in fastbootd not fastboot just boot into recovery and select fastboot it will work then.Hi, thanks for the work for GS4.
I tried the root method with vmeta and patched magisk -> it works but security net test fails. a new magisk install fails, because /dev/block/mmcblk0p33 is r/o. Is there any hint to get it r/w?
afte a time, i tried to flash lineage gsi -> it doesnt work. I get "operation not permitted" when fastboot reaches the 4th partition to flash.
I tried fastboot after adb reboot bootloader and adb reboot recovery -> selected fastboot
Both Fastmodes modes seems to be different. My attempt to flash lineage leads to bootloop and flashing vbmeta didnt help. Only sp flash and stockrom helped to get gs4 working again.
Are there additional steps to get lineage gsi on this phone?
adb reboot bootloader<- this will reboot your smartphone into fastboot mode
fastboot flashing unlock<- this will unlock your bootloader you have to press volume up to confirm it
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_disabled.img<- this will flash the new vbmeta file
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_tvNQq.img<- this will flash the new boot image
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img<- this will flash the new recovery image