• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Root gone wrong...

Search This thread

Flyinginbraillefpv

Jul 31, 2021
Hello all. first post here as i only recently found this great site. So ive been wanting a rooted phoje for a long time now as i iswd to jailbreak my uphone back when i used apple and hadnt learned of Androida greatness. I got a pixel 5a and i love it! Its different and i just love it. Maybe more than my s21ultra even. Anyways I updated to android 12 beta and then tried to root my device. I've never done this before so i tried to learn as much as possible. Anyways I followed the magisk tutorials and unlocked my boot loader and downloaded the boot.IMG for Android 12 and patched the image then did the fastboot and adb stuff only to end up with my phone not working. Clearly I did something wrong. It originally said on the fastboot menu failed to load or verify boot image. And was stuck on that menu. Tried to recover reboot and it stayed the same. Somehow I got it to restart then it was in a bootloop going to google to the unlocked bootloader warning screen over and over. I got frustrated and left it. It died and put it on the charger and it was in rescue or recovery mode saying no command. I got it into recovery menu and tried to factory reset and now it boot to the white google screen. I wanna flash it back to android 11 that it came with so I can eventually try and root it again as that seems much more successful then Android 12. ANy help is very appreciated and I am a SUPER noob at this and don't know about any of it so please keep that in mind when replying. Thanks

bobpiesz

Nov 24, 2012
You needed to disable verification and dm-verity when flashing the android 12 beta.. You're stuck at fastboot now because of this..

The solution is to use the Google flashing tool, and re-flash android 11 w/ wiping the data selected.. You can try without having wipe data selected, up to you.

P.S. while I recommend you stay on Android 11 if you want a less buggy rooted phone, follow guide #1 on this thread here if you wanna use android 12 beta w/ Magisk:

Reactions: Flyinginbraillefpv

Flyinginbraillefpv

Jul 31, 2021
You needed to disable verification and dm-verity when flashing the android 12 beta.. You're stuck at fastboot now because of this..

The solution is to use the Google flashing tool, and re-flash android 11 w/ wiping the data selected.. You can try without having wipe data selected, up to you.

P.S. while I recommend you stay on Android 11 if you want a less buggy rooted phone, follow guide #1 on this thread here if you wanna use android 12 beta w/ Magisk:

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it! I'm gonna give it an attempt right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.