[ROOT] [GUIDE] [ATHENE] How to Root Moto G4 plus v.6.0.1

Search This thread

manojkumar8552

Nov 9, 2013
AHEMADABAD
OK, I followed the root guide (Believe me I have tried every boot.img mentioned) and I cannot get my wifi to work.
I think this is because most of the models are XT1643 or XT1640? I am on XT1642.
Is there any way someone can help me get my wifi back!? I have no idea what the hell I did wrong if I messed up. Thank You!

can u plz send me ur boot.img frm stock rom?*?

i will try to patch it.and than lets see working or not.
kernel sources is not yet release so.

Reactions: morgenman42

julioolares

May 12, 2015
Reactions: morgenman42

morgenman42

Jun 7, 2016
Thats not good :( , iam awaiting my G4+ and i want root. At this moment i found only one site, with an XT1642 firmware (i think you have the Xt1642), http://www.androidsage.com/2016/06/03/download-moto-g4-g4-plus-and-g4-play-factory-images-and-stock-firmware/. I dont know whether it helps you.
Thank you tasar. I hope it's enough for manojkumar8552. My phone is basically useless without wifi, and I really dont want to have to wipe it again.
I dont think I have the stock boot.img because at no point did I do a backup before flashing the new boot.img. If I understood anything about this I would try it myself :/.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Here is all the fws, much faster download http://www.theandroidsoul.com/motorola-moto-g4-g4-plus-and-g4-play-firmware-90684/

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

I did it
working wifi

Reactions: tasar

morgenman42

Jun 7, 2016
Can you please share how did you get it working?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Sure, I took the boot.img listed here, extracted it, took my stock one from the links posted, extracted that too, and copied over the kernel from the stock to the one posted here. Recompiled it into a boot.img and flashed. Bam I had wifi

Reactions: tasar

violet.tester128

Mar 28, 2013
Kerala
Thank you very much for the detailed tutorial. I'll just list a few things that I encountered during the process, if it helps anyone.

1) during TWRP flash, the 'flash recovery' command did not do anything the first time (completed, but recovery did not change). I tried the same command again, and this time it worked.

2) after flashing superSU.zip and rebooting, SuperSU did not show up. I installed it from the play store, and it worked.

3)Installed the SELinuxModChanger.apk, and tried changing to permissive. Even though SuperSU granted root access, the app failed to gain root privileges. Changed the 'force user' option in SuperSU for the app to ROOT, and it worked.

4)ES explorer couldn't gain root access no matter what I changed. ("sorry, test failed"). This happens because ES checks for 'su' files in /system/xbin, and our root method is systemless.
To fix it, I copied all files from /su/bin to /system/xbin and set permissions (using another root explorer, like fx or solid trial).

5)I had an older version of titanium backup, which couldn't gain root access. Updated to new version, and it worked. Backup and Restore works now.

It was easy finding solutions for these problems. You just need a search engine :cowboy:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

~~~This is System-Less Root For Moto g4 Plus~~~

Tested :-
    XT1641 / XT1642 / XT1643

Pre-Requisite : Unlocking Bootloader Is Compulsory Before Proceeding

Requirements

Instructions :
    1. Unlock your Bootloader Guide Here
    2. Download SuperSU and copy it into INTERNAL SDCARD.
    3. Flash Custom TWRP recovery Guide Here
    4. Connect your phone with PC
    5. Open Boot-loader on Phone
    6. Extract Root-motog4-athena.zip and run ROOT.bat (it will flash custom boot.img)
    7.Now Flash Supersu.zip From TWRP recovery.

Experimental :-
    ***If you encounter errors with WI-FI - failing to stay on, passwords not saving, taking a long time to turn on, then you need to edit a line in build.prop
    Code:
    ro.securestorage.support=false

Video Guide :-

Credit :
    @yeshwanthvshenoy : TWRP and Unlock Guide
    @Silesh.Nair @julioolares : Great Teasters
    @vvaibhavv : For original boot.img
    @morgenman42 : FOR XT1642 model patch boot.img
    AMiT SiNGH : Video Tutorial

Dont Copy Files/Post Without Asking Me.
    Give Proper Credits !!
    Thank you very much for the detailed tutorial. I'll just list a few things that I encountered during the process, if it helps anyone.

1) during TWRP flash, the 'flash recovery' command did not do anything the first time (completed, but recovery did not change). I tried the same command again, and this time it worked.

2) after flashing superSU.zip and rebooting, SuperSU did not show up. I installed it from the play store, and it worked.

3)Installed the SELinuxModChanger.apk, and tried changing to permissive. Even though SuperSU granted root access, the app failed to gain root privileges. Changed the 'force user' option in SuperSU for the app to ROOT, and it worked.

4)ES explorer couldn't gain root access no matter what I changed. ("sorry, test failed"). This happens because ES checks for 'su' files in /system/xbin, and our root method is systemless.
    To fix it, I copied all files from /su/bin to /system/xbin and set permissions (using another root explorer, like fx or solid trial).

5)I had an older version of titanium backup, which couldn't gain root access. Updated to new version, and it worked. Backup and Restore works now.

It was easy finding solutions for these problems. You just need a search engine :cowboy:
    ~~~This is System-Less Root For Moto g4 Plus~~~

Instructions :
    1. Unlock your Bootloader Guide Here
    2. Download SuperSU and copy it into INTERNAL SDCARD.
    3. Flash Custom TWRP recovery Guide Here
    4. Connect your phone with PC
    5. Open Boot-loader on Phone
    6. Extract Root-motog4-athena.zip and run ROOT.bat (it will flash custom boot.img)
    7.Now Flash Supersu.zip From TWRP recovery.
    You can do this without modified boot.img, if you follow the below link. This is especially true when the 1644 doesn't have one and people use wrong boot.img files for it.
    All that needs to be done is to write a ".supersu" file for systemless rooting:
    TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal -> Type the follow code:
    Code:
    echo "SYSTEMLESS=true" > /data/.supersu

Credit:
    http://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/root-systemless-rooting-supersu-2-74-2-t3405772
    Just rooted my Moto G4 Plus. Good tutorial. I have also made a video about it. It might help you guys out

Doesn't work. No wifi. I have the 1643 model.

If you can modify the attached boot image, I can check.

Ok lets try this one !!
    :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

And Super_su_V.2.62.3 ::- http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3655401&d=1456122222

***If you encounter errors with WI-FI - failing to stay on, passwords not saving, taking a long time to turn on, then you need to edit a line in build.prop
    Code:
    ro.securestorage.support=false