g96818

Dec 27, 2014
😁
Screenshot_20220720-215846.jpg
Screenshot_20220720-215838_Netflix.jpg

ukSimon

Apr 5, 2016
Thanks so much! @roirraW "edor" ehT
I have since managed to flash the firmware on Odin without an issue. Yay! The bad news is that it didn't change the problem with not having the bootloader unlocking option on download mode warning screen. I am supposed to get an option with long pressing Vol+, but it isn't there. If I press Vol+, then I am taken to the Downloading... screen and I can only get out of the screen and reboot without achieving anything. And everytime I do that, OEM Unlocking option is gone, and I have to start from strach blindly (as I haven't worked out the regularity in the causality).

I think the following XDA threads explain the same issue (some people talk about bootloader / recovery mode etc, but I am not using it):

Sigh.... 😿 I really don't seem to have a good affinity with Samsung. Last time with S7, I could at least unlock the bootloader. This time, it's not even possible. I can still return it and perhaps get another one from another seller to see if it's specific to this particular tablet. Or just give up, and go back to my old Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro. (now Pad 5 doesn't seem to be so bad at all...)

Thanks for your help. Grrrr to Samsung from my cats!
Is your tablet network locked? Also, is it the UK version with UK firmware? Mine was unlocked and UK version and rooted just fine (S8 Ultra 5g) so I'm wondering what is different with yours.

joe535

Worked perfectly for me, thanks.
Just one hint: A short intro would be nice, just to understand the basics, since the rooting process is different from older devices...
For older Tablets, I did not need to download, decrypt a kernel-image, transfer to the mobile, use magisk-app to patch this image, copy back to PC and finally flash via odin...
I actually was used to just upload TWRP temporarily (using ADB) and then install magisk. ZIP directly..

:)
Ah, anyone knows if a custom ROM is planned for Tab S8 ??

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

ukSimon

Apr 5, 2016
Worked perfectly for me, thanks.
Just one hint: A short intro would be nice, just to understand the basics, since the rooting process is different from older devices...
For older Tablets, I did not need to download, decrypt a kernel-image, transfer to the mobile, use magisk-app to patch this image, copy back to PC and finally flash via odin...
I actually was used to just upload TWRP temporarily (using ADB) and then install magisk. ZIP directly..

:)
Ah, anyone knows if a custom ROM is planned for Tab S8 ??
I agree. Samsung have changed things in recent years. My tab S6 lite from 2020 also required similar steps to root as does the Note 20 Ultra 5G. The last easy root was on a Tab A from 2016.

ughlife

Jul 23, 2022
Are there any methods for people who use MacOS / Linux? Looks like odin and frija are windows-only, and I've been successfully avoiding Windows for over a decade.

djhell26

Apr 17, 2018
See post #3 for in depth guide !

->insert usual general disclaimer of liability

Required:
Odin3_v3.14.1 flash tool
Samsung USB Driver installed
Frija or something else, to download stock files
7zip or similar

1: Unlock bootloader (will wipe your precious data, void warranty, break Knox e-fuse and who knows what else !)
-unlock dev option (just harass your Build number in settings)
-be connected to the internet (WiFi or 5g)
-allow USB debugging
-OEM unlock
-be warned that this might cause WWIII
-Power off your device. Press Volume Up + Volume Down THEN plug your Tablet lnto a PC to boot into download mode.
-Release buttons immediately when the blue screen shows itself.
-Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot
-Go through the initial setup.
-Skip through all the steps except wifi or 5g
-sign into your Google or Samsung account
-Enable Developer options & USB debugging
-reboot
-You have an unlock bootloader and have control over your device, (it is unfair that this voids your warranty as you should be able to use your hardware as you please).

2: Root install:
-Install Magisk
-use frija or something else to get the latest file according to your device and your CSC :
-patch the whole AP file with magisk (transfer of big files can be tricky, using SD card to transfer file from computer to tablet and vice versa seems like one if the easiest way)
-use odin to flash AP (the patched one), CP, BL and CSC (will wipe once again and reboot)
-Open magisk to finish install (reboot)
-You have root

3: Root update:
-use Frija or something else to get the latest file according to your device and your CSC :
-patch the whole AP file with magisk
-use Odin to flash AP (the patched one), CP, BL and Home_CSC (using CSC will wipe)
-Press and hold Vol-down and Power let go of all buttons once the screen turn on.
-You have root, data kept and update

Please let me know if something should be added or edited.
will this work on a 'VERIZON' Galaxy tab s8+

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
will this work on a 'VERIZON' Galaxy tab s8+
If you can enable OEM Unlocking in the Developer options and unlock your bootloader, then yes.

But all United States Samsung tablets have OEM Unlocking grayed out, so there's no way to enable it. You have to get a Wi-Fi only model to be able to unlock the bootloader.

xChrysler

Aug 3, 2022
Hello,

I'm relatively new here in XDA and rooting. I have read all the posts here regarding the guide and have a few questions:

My Device is Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ SM-X806B (Philippines)

1. in-case I don't want my device to be rooted anymore and want it back to shipped / factory condition, how do I do it?
2. What are essential things I can't do once my device is rooted?
3. Will lucky patcher, patcher for android work (please see screenshot below)?

1659493602621.png

Thanks in advance!

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
1. in-case I don't want my device to be rooted anymore and want it back to shipped / factory condition, how do I do it?
2. What are essential things I can't do once my device is rooted?
  1. To be clear, you can't 100% put the tablet back in factory condition since Samsung implemented "KNOX" years ago. It's an "e-Fuse" which unlocking the bootloader permanently burns, and there is no way possible to unburn it. This tells Samsung that the device has previously had its software modified, even though it's not necessarily modified anymore.
  2. There are more things listed below, but the obvious thing they might not mention is that you can no longer automatically install updates to the tablet when rooted. You have to follow the applicable steps from Post #3 to manually re-root and install the update using Magisk and Odin.
I did some Googling and found this regarding both re-locking the bootloader, and what gets broken by unlocking the bootloader in the first place. This was for the Galaxy S10, but hopefully it's similar enough on the Tab S8:

• Once you install TWRP or root your Galaxy S10 device, the KNOX counter will be tripped.
  • KNOX once tripped cannot be reverted even if you flash the stock firmware using Odin and unroot your phone.
  • Tripped KNOX means that you will no more be able to use apps like Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, etc.
  • Following this tutorial to relock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10 devices will only help you to remove the unlocked bootloader message and get back the Play Protect Certification.
  • Hence, even if you lock the phone’s bootloader back, you will still not be able to use apps like Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, etc.
  • There’s a small grey area when it comes to KNOX though. If you ONLY unlocked the bootloader, and never flashed a custom binary (like TWRP or Magisk), then the KNOX counter shouldn’t be tripped at all.
  • Unlocking and relocking the bootloader will wipe all the data stored on your phone, including the internal storage. So, make sure that you take a complete backup of all your data first.

And apparently that article got the steps to re-lock the bootloader (on a Galaxy S10) right from a post on XDA:
Locking and unlocking the bootloader on the Galaxy S10 and Removing Root

During the last few days I have locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked again, probably 15 or 20 times to test various scenarios.
Please remember, each time you lock or unlock the bootloader all of your data is wiped.. any Root will also be gone. You will also be needing your current stock firmware.

Scenario 1. Your phone is rooted with Magisk.
Go into Developers options and check OEM options, the switch must be ON (to the right). If it isn't turn it ON.
Turn off your phone. Press and hold the Bixby and Volume-down button, then connect with USB to your computer. (The cable shouldn't be connected until after you press the buttons).
Within seconds of USB connection the Download screen will appear. You will see 3 optiions, choose and Long press volume up and hold button until you see the 2 options at bottom of screen. Choose and hold volume up until screen goes off. Then the S10 logo screen will briefly apppear, before it flicks back to the Download screen with the words 'VBMETA: Error verifying vbmeta image etc' at the top, as the image below.
This is all good so far. Leave the phone exactly as it is with this screen showing and make sure the phone is still connected to the computer.
On your computer, fire up Odin3_v3.13.1, you can leave the Reboot option in Odin ticked. Locate your stock firmware on your computer and put the 4 file parts (BL, AP. CP and CSC) into Odin.
Let Odin finish.
The phone will reboot ready for setup.
The Unlocked bootloader warning screen will be gone.

Scenario 2. Your phone has been rooted but isn't now, and the greyed out OEM switch is ON
Easy, turn off your phone and proceed from the 2nd paragraph of Scenario 1.

Scenario 3 Your phone has been rooted but isn't now, and the greyed out OEM switch is OFF
Sorry, but in this situation, you are going to have to root your phone with Magisk as the OEM switch will only be available when rooted.
When rooted, proceed as Scenario 1.

Scenario 4 Your phone has never been rooted. i.e. you unlocked the bootloader but never proceeded to root the phone
Turn off your phone and proceed from the 2nd paragraph of Scenario 1.

If you want proof that I have locked and unlocked time and time again see HERE

:victory:

UmiCat

Just an update: earlier in this thread I placed a few posts about not being able to unlock the bootloader of my new Tab S8 5G UK model. My problem was not to find an option to lead to 'Unlocking Bootloader?' page on Download mode. I ended up getting another one from another shop. And everything worked flawlessly. I still don't know why my tab no.1 had the restrictions. It wasn't meant to be SIM-locked (or at least my SIM was recognised). IMEI and everything else indicated it was brand new and a UK model. The only difference is tab no.1 was bought from a smaller shop with a good discount. Anyway it looks like there is something we consumers never know!

patrickvu

Aug 12, 2022
I successfully rooted my device (Tab S8) yesterday. But now I'm getting the dreaded 'custom binary (vbmeta) blocked due to remaining installment balance' (KG status: active) after a reboot. Loaded official firmware and now it boots. Should I wait 7 days and hope that the issue will go away or return it? Or is there anything else that I can try?

• Wow

shadowofdeth

Mar 27, 2019
Any custom kernels or anything? Just got my S8+ and it seems pretty unremarkable so far. A bit stuttery and laggy too. You can definitely tell Samsung gimped the the chip and this oneui or whatever doesn't help.

If no kernels can CPU governor at least be set to performance mode? The root process looks like a pain compared to what I'm used to with my OP phones.

Edit: Yes you can. Sort of. Definitely an improvement though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinsang

Chaser42

Jun 11, 2015
Houston, TEXAS
I successfully rooted my device (Tab S8) yesterday. But now I'm getting the dreaded 'custom binary (vbmeta) blocked due to remaining installment balance' (KG status: active) after a reboot. Loaded official firmware and now it boots. Should I wait 7 days and hope that the issue will go away or return it? Or is there anything else that I can try?

How you doing with your Tab S8? Have you been able to see the OEM Unlocking switch yet? I've got the regular Tab S8 WiFi only model (SM-X700) and the root process went pretty smooth. I did have the benefit of having already rooted three of the Tab S7+ models earlier this year and it was the same process. On each device I made a few lazy human errors which caused me to get stuck and made me a bit frustrated. But when I go to the process and make sure I do it step by step exactly I find my mistake and everything falls into place.

If you're still stuck, let us know. I'm sure one of us can figure out why you're stuck at that step and get you past it.

Chaser

mossyhorn

Sep 5, 2022
Hi, I'm very new to this site and rooting devices in general, but I was looking at tablets to purchase recently and found the Samsung Tab S8 thinking it looked nice; however, I wanted to root my Samsung S22 earlier as well and this didn't work. I purchased it (the Samsung S22) after looking online and finding documentation saying I could root my device, but once I got the device I discovered for reasons regarding the chipset and where I live, enabling OEM Unlocking in the Developer settings was not an option.

Because of this, I wanted to check, if anyone on this forum knew if I bought the Samsung Tab S8 (regular wifi version, no cellular) in America from Amazon, would I be able to root the device with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset?

patrickvu

Aug 12, 2022
How you doing with your Tab S8? Have you been able to see the OEM Unlocking switch yet? I've got the regular Tab S8 WiFi only model (SM-X700) and the root process went pretty smooth. I did have the benefit of having already rooted three of the Tab S7+ models earlier this year and it was the same process. On each device I made a few lazy human errors which caused me to get stuck and made me a bit frustrated. But when I go to the process and make sure I do it step by step exactly I find my mistake and everything falls into place.

If you're still stuck, let us know. I'm sure one of us can figure out why you're stuck at that step and get you past it.

Chaser
The OEM unlocking option did not return after 172 hours of uptime, 'KG State: Active' was still shown in download mode. So I returned it.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi, I'm very new to this site and rooting devices in general, but I was looking at tablets to purchase recently and found the Samsung Tab S8 thinking it looked nice; however, I wanted to root my Samsung S22 earlier as well and this didn't work. I purchased it (the Samsung S22) after looking online and finding documentation saying I could root my device, but once I got the device I discovered for reasons regarding the chipset and where I live, enabling OEM Unlocking in the Developer settings was not an option.

Because of this, I wanted to check, if anyone on this forum knew if I bought the Samsung Tab S8 (regular wifi version, no cellular) in America from Amazon, would I be able to root the device with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset?
Well, I generally want to answer your question as "Yes, you'll be able to OEM Unlock it (and therefore unlock the bootloader)", however, coming from Amazon, I can't really vouch for that. If it is truly on a United States CSC (once you have the device, Go to settings - about - software information - service provider SW ver. The region code (CSC) will be written there), and it's Wi-Fi only, then yes, normally it's only United States Samsung tablets that can use mobile data (so made to use with a U.S. mobile carrier) that are prevented from being able to OEM unlock.

I ordered my Wi-Fi only, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, United States Tab S8 Ultra directly from Samsung and have mine unlocked and rooted. My CSC is XAR. I did similar research on here as you are doing before I ordered mine.

As long as you are able to return it to Amazon for a refund if for some reason you can't unlock it (as you can return most everything on Amazon, but check the product's actual page to make sure), then you should be safe.

Reactions: TiTiB

Chaser42

Jun 11, 2015
Houston, TEXAS
Well, I generally want to answer your question as "Yes, you'll be able to OEM Unlock it (and therefore unlock the bootloader)", however, coming from Amazon, I can't really vouch for that. If it is truly on a United States CSC (once you have the device, Go to settings - about - software information - service provider SW ver. The region code (CSC) will be written there), and it's Wi-Fi only, then yes, normally it's only United States Samsung tablets that can use mobile data (so made to use with a U.S. mobile carrier) that are prevented from being able to OEM unlock.

I ordered my Wi-Fi only, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, United States Tab S8 Ultra directly from Samsung and have mine unlocked and rooted. My CSC is XAR. I did similar research on here as you are doing before I ordered mine.

As long as you are able to return it to Amazon for a refund if for some reason you can't unlock it (as you can return most everything on Amazon, but check the product's actual page to make sure), then you should be safe.

I have the exact same SM-X700 from Amazon. I am also unlocked and rooted without any issues.

Ch42er

Top Liked Posts

I did the same thing either the first or second month I updated mine after I rooted it. 🍩 Now I re-read the instructions each month and move the unneeded file(s) to another folder before I start flashing, or even before I re-root the new AP.

Another time my AP file got corrupted during one of the transfers and I had to factory reset after, so I try to remember to check hashes on the AP file before and after in each direction of transfer, plus I use 7-Zip to test the .tar archive, and view its contents before I flash it.
    That's a good idea - killing CSC. I had the guide up for a refresher, but between reading & doing I got distracted.
    Public confession of an idiot: I didn't pay attention & flashed CSC instead of Home CSC when updating this morning. Guess what I'm doing now???
    Does anyone know if Samsung will accept rooted devices for trade-in? I want to root my s8 ultra but I want to be sure I can still trade it in at some point.

I have the exact same SM-X700 from Amazon. I am also unlocked and rooted without any issues.

Ch42er
    I did the same thing either the first or second month I updated mine after I rooted it. 🍩 Now I re-read the instructions each month and move the unneeded file(s) to another folder before I start flashing, or even before I re-root the new AP.

Another time my AP file got corrupted during one of the transfers and I had to factory reset after, so I try to remember to check hashes on the AP file before and after in each direction of transfer, plus I use 7-Zip to test the .tar archive, and view its contents before I flash it.
    That's a good idea - killing CSC. I had the guide up for a refresher, but between reading & doing I got distracted.

Chaser

How to Root (or update an already-rooted device)​

Prereqs​

1. Install the USB driver from https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver
    2. Get the latest Odin from https://odindownloader.com/category/download and unzip it
    3. Get the latest Frija from https://github.com/SlackingVeteran/frija/releases and unzip it
    4. Start Frija and begin downloading the latest firmware for your Model and CSC:
      S8UltraRoot1.png
      1. Model Numbers
        • S8 Ultra 5G: SM-X906
        • S8 Ultra Wifi: SM-X900
        • S8+ 5G: SM-X806
        • S8+ Wifi: SM-X800
        • S8 5G: SM-X706
        • S8 Wifi: SM-X700
      2. CSC: Settings > About Tablet > Software Information > Service provider software version

Step 1 - Prepare your Tablet (only necessary for first install on unrooted device)​

1. While Frija is downloading the firmware, prepare your device by doing the following:
    2. Settings > About Tablet > Software Information > Click Build Number 7 times quickly
    3. Developer Options (just below About Tablet on the left column)
      • Turn on USB Debugging
      • Turn on OEM unlocking
        • NOTE: If the OEM Unlocking option doesn't appear, connect the device to the internet, wait a few minutes, then try again
    4. Power tablet completely off (Hold volume down + power button if you haven't changed the Bixby settings)
    5. While holding volume up and volume down, plug the tablet into your PC via USB
      • Let go of volume keys as soon as the blue-green screen shows up
    6. Press and hold volume up for 5 seconds, the screen will change to a confirmation prompt
    7. Press volume up again to confirm, the tablet will reboot
    8. Unplug your tablet from USB
    9. Go through initial setup. Don't bother copying files or installing anything.
    10. Skip signing in to your Google account and Samsung account. You won't be using them for this step.
    11. Settings > About Tablet > Software Information > Click Build Number 7 times quickly
    12. Developer Options (just below About Tablet on the left column)
      • Turn on USB Debugging
    13. Reboot the tablet

Step 2 - Patch the stock firmware to make it rooted​

1. Frija should have finished downloading by now, unzip the file (remember where you unzipped it to)
    2. Plug your tablet in to your computer via USB and click Allow if it prompts to allow data access
    3. If this is your first install / you're rooting the tablet for the first time:
      1. Download Magisk-vXX.XX.apk from the topmost release at https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
      2. Copy the Magisk-vXX.XX.apk and the AP_xxx_xxx_tar.md5 from the zip file Frija downloaded to:
        • This PC > Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra > Internal Storage > Download
      3. Open the My Files app on the tablet and browse to Downloads
      4. Click the Magisk-vXX.XX.apk and it will prompt you to click Settings
      5. In Settings, turn on My Files, then it will give you a prompt to Install
      6. When Magisk is done installing, click Open
    4. If your tablet was already rooted, and you're just updating:
      1. Copy the AP_xxx_xxx_tar.md5 from the zip file Frija downloaded to:
        • This PC > Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra > Internal Storage > Download
    5. After the file is done copying, unplug your tablet from USB
    6. In Magisk, click Install in the top Magisk area, then the option for Select and Patch a file
    7. Click My Files > Downloads, select the AP_XXX_XXX.tar.md5 file and click Done at the bottom
    8. Click Lets Go -> After a few moments, it should display this (ignore 'Installation failed' at the top, it always does that):
      S8UltraRoot2.png

Step 3 - Apply the rooted firmware​

1. Plug your tablet back in to USB, then on your PC, go back to This PC > Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra > Internal Storage > Download and copy the magisk_patched-xxx.tar file back to the folder where you unzipped the zip file from Frija
    2. After the copy is finished, unplug your tablet from your PC and turn the tablet off
    3. While holding volume up and volume down, plug the tablet into your PC via USB
      • Let go of volume keys as soon as the blue-green screen shows up
    4. Click volume up briefly (don't hold it) to go into download mode
    5. Start Odin and accept the disclaimer prompt.
    6. Click BL and select the BL_XXX_XXX.tar.md5 file where you unzipped the zip file from Frija
    7. Click AP and select the magisk_patched-XXX.tar file
    8. If this is your first install / you're rooting the tablet for the first time (this WILL wipe your data):
      • Click CSC and select the CSC_XXX_XXX.tar.md5
    9. If your tablet was already rooted, and you're just updating (this WILL NOT wipe your data):
      • Click CSC and select the HOME_CSC_XXX_XXX.tar.md5
    10. Odin should now look like this:
      S8UltraRoot3.png
    11. Click Start. When it's finished, Odin will display "PASS!" and the tablet will automatically reboot.

Step 4 - Verify and finalize​

1. Go through the normal setup, signing in to your Google and Samsung accounts this time
    2. Click on Magisk that is now pre-installed, and go through the Settings step to allow it to install again
    3. It should prompt you that your device needs additional setup and one more reboot, click OK
    4. After rebooting, your device should be fully rooted. Use a root checker app if you want to verify.

Step 5 (optional) - Get Netflix (and banking apps etc) working with root​

1. Install https://github.com/Fox2Code/FoxMagiskModuleManager/releases and run it
    2. Search for Universal Safetynet Fix by kdrag0n and install it
    3. In Magisk settings click Systemless hosts, turn on Zygisk, turn on Enforce Denylist
    4. Click Configure Denylist, then the 3 dot menu and Show System Apps
      1. Search for Google Play Store, click it, check the check and turn on all options underneath
      2. Search for Google Play Services, click it, turn on .gms and .gms.unstable ONLY
      3. Search for Netflix, click it, check the check and turn on all options underneath
      4. (optional) Add your bank / pay app, etc here if you'd like
    5. In Settings > Apps, search for Google Play Services and Google Play Store and clear all data (not just cache) for each
    6. Reboot
      1. NOTE - This is currently only passing Widevine level 3, so Netflix is limited to SD. I'm still trying to figure out how to get L1 / full HD.
    See post #3 for in depth guide !

->insert usual general disclaimer of liability

Required:
    Odin3_v3.14.1 flash tool
    Samsung USB Driver installed
    Frija or something else, to download stock files
    7zip or similar

1: Unlock bootloader (will wipe your precious data, void warranty, break Knox e-fuse and who knows what else !)
    -unlock dev option (just harass your Build number in settings)
    -be connected to the internet (WiFi or 5g)
    -allow USB debugging
    -OEM unlock
    -be warned that this might cause WWIII
    -Power off your device. Press Volume Up + Volume Down THEN plug your Tablet lnto a PC to boot into download mode.
    -Release buttons immediately when the blue screen shows itself.
    -Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot
    -Go through the initial setup.
    -Skip through all the steps except wifi or 5g
    -sign into your Google or Samsung account
    -Enable Developer options & USB debugging
    -reboot
    -You have an unlock bootloader and have control over your device, (it is unfair that this voids your warranty as you should be able to use your hardware as you please).

2: Root install:
    -Install Magisk
    -use frija or something else to get the latest file according to your device and your CSC :
    -patch the whole AP file with magisk (transfer of big files can be tricky, using SD card to transfer file from computer to tablet and vice versa seems like one if the easiest way)
    -use odin to flash AP (the patched one), CP, BL and CSC (will wipe once again and reboot)
    -Open magisk to finish install (reboot)
    -You have root

3: Root update:
    -use Frija or something else to get the latest file according to your device and your CSC :
    -patch the whole AP file with magisk
    -use Odin to flash AP (the patched one), CP, BL and Home_CSC (using CSC will wipe)
    -Press and hold Vol-down and Power let go of all buttons once the screen turn on.
    -You have root, data kept and update

Please let me know if something should be added or edited.
    Anyone work out how to get Netflix working with root yet? Also, is Magisk manager showing any modules to download in the Magisk app for you guys? I can install from file, but the downloading functionality doesn't seem to be working.
    Not sure when, but somewhere in an update, the ability to download modules from magisk directly was removed. You can download them using an app called Fox's Magisk Module Manager. You can search for modules just like you could on Magisk, and they'll be added once you install them and reboot. Also, for the netflix thing, your device may not be passing safetynet. Checking this was also remove in an update, but you can check it with YASNAC.

Edit: I just did this with my rooted Tab S7+, but it should work with the S8+ and S8U as well. Doing this should let you pass safetynet and be able to use Netflix.
    1. Enable Zygisk in Magisk settings, then reboot.
    2. Enable Enforce DenyList in Magisk settings, then go to Configure DenyList.
    3. Enable show system apps with the menu on the top-right, then search "google play services".
    4. Enable DenyList for com.google.android.gms & com.google.android.gms.unstable, then reboot.
    5. Open YASNAC to run safetynet attestation, you should be passing basic integrity but failing cts profile match.
    6. Download and install the latest version of the safetynet fix for zygisk module, then reboot.
    7. Check YASNAC again, you should now be passing basic integrity and cts profile match.
    8. Go to settings > apps, find google play service & google play store, clear data for both of them, reboot.
    9. Go to the play store > settings, play protect certification should now say "device is certified".
    10. Open Magisk > Configure DenyList, search for Netflix (enable show system apps if you need to), enable DenyList for everything, reboot.
    11. Update Netflix if it's not up to date. If the play store is allowing you to update Netflix at all, then you're good to go.

Now you have Netflix running on your rooted tab!

Edit 2: Accidentally saved my first edit before I finished the instructions, my bad.
    If I want to update my tab but without root and available ota and without losing existing data. Can I just follow step 3 ? What do I choose as AP ? What do I have to pay attention to ?

Thanks Guy's
    If you want to update your tab without root, just use the regular Samsung provided over-the-air update.

If you don't want to root your device, you shouldn't be using SamFirm + Odin, etc. They add extra complexitiy that you don't need if you're not rooting your device.
    Is there currently any way to make nandroid backups without TWRP since there isn't a build of it for the Tab S8 line yet?
    Not you can't make a full nandroid back up without TWRP for the moment. You can use Swift backup or something similar to backup some things in particular, Google backup is also pretty convenient.