[Root Guide] Kyocera Hydro Vibe {JB & Now KK!!}

Search This thread

gcbabu007

Dec 7, 2015
HI all,
I messed my virgin mobile Kyocera hydro vibe. Superuser update failed and stuck at booting.
It is in soft-bricked condition. Rom image not available. Can somebody share ROM image so that I can flash my phone? Thanks in advance
gcbabu@outlook.com

r00t.l3gg3r

Dec 8, 2014
South-Central KY
Does anyone know where I can find the drivers for Kyocera Hydro AIR/C6745? I want to root but am not to fond of the one-click methods but am having a battle finding drivers BTW its running 5.1.1 OS

Thela7

Mar 25, 2012
Worked for me when the other KK method listed on page one failed.

Kyocera Hydro Vibe
C6725, 4.4.2, Software Ver. 2.033SP, Build Number KV
Thank you for reporting this. Did you use the app, or the desktop method? Did it install a custom recovery for you? and most important: Can you remount the partitions with writing access? (aka. can you write in /system, /data ) : )
Thanks

Andrewski2008

Jan 25, 2016
Thank you for reporting this. Did you use the app, or the desktop method? Did it install a custom recovery for you? and most important: Can you remount the partitions with writing access? (aka. can you write in /system, /data ) : )
Thanks

I used the app. It said checking for root options, something like that, then it had a button to try the root method it picked, and it rebooted and said I had root.

However, I can't seem to get into download mode anymore, I think I screwed something up while messing around. It also will not give me proper recovery menu options, just Reboot, Wipe Cache, Wipe Data. I could have sworn I had CWM working but now I can't seem to get it to load. I haven't tried to remount yet because the drives show up completely different from how they appear in Lubuntu. If someone can walk me through it, its currently mounted read only.

I also can grab files and upload them, there were a bunch of qcom init files I copied over. There's a "carrier" folder. Do you want screenshots of everything? Can I host them on imgur for posting on here?

Thela7

Mar 25, 2012
Nah. I do believe you that you got root. However, if one can get root, but can't write system's files, I don't see the point in going thru all this. The only thing that one would be gaining would be only reading access.

If I could only place a custom /etc/hosts, then I'll be happy.

Sent from my TV remote control

Andrewski2008

Jan 25, 2016
I can post a screenshot of the mount command output if anyone can tell me which to remount. It doesnt show up at all like the Lubuntu command I have here.

Andrewski2008

Jan 25, 2016
I am in the process of changing from dalvik to ART, and its been an hour with a phone stuck at the VirginMobile screen. I'm told it could take all night,

However, it needs to change a file, so that to me seems like there's a way to get the file system set to rewrite.

Thela7

Mar 25, 2012
I'll try to found out the mount points when I get home.

Sent from my TV remote control

Thela7

Mar 25, 2012
userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 -> /data
system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 -> /system
internalstorage -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p30
/dev/block/vold/179:65 external (I belive so)

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /system
or
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /system
would remount /system set write

if
Code:
echo "127.0.0.1 geobytes.com" >> /etc/hosts
works, then we're in business.

alan2121m

Nov 9, 2011
Mandeville, Louisiana
I found out how to root hydro vibe easy

its real easy to root your kyocera hydro vibe
go to any torrent site and lookup wondershare mobile go just install it plug your phone in and hit the one click root option and done thats its what i did and it worked so there you go your welcome :good: :laugh::D

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

its real easy to root your kyocera hydro vibe
go to any torrent site and lookup wondershare mobile go just install it plug your phone in and hit the one click root option and done thats its what i did and it worked so there you go your welcome

B6000man

Jun 20, 2014
Are there any custom roms for this ? It is a great phone and would like atleast lollipop. What is the point of rooting if you can't install a custom rom?

dea1222

Oct 25, 2015
El Cerrito
Yes, I got it rooted . . .

Has anyone tried rooting their phone with this method since getting the update to 4.4.2? He specifically states it doesnt work on the update and I didnt want to risk trying it and having something go wrong

It's almost two years since your question but I got it (Kyocera C6725 4.4.2) rooted using the PC version of Kingo Root and then chainfire's SUser apk via Play Store. It's rooted. Why did I want to root it? Just to get rid of all the bloatware. If I run into any problems, I will emend this post. As of this moment, I am unaware of any skilled person making a ROM for this phone. But I'll look around.

Reactions: protoadies

Sunhawk01

Feb 16, 2014
Milwaukee
smsi.miiduu.com
Are you joking?
The Latest OTA Update changes the kernel which blocks an exploit that did allow root befo
One Click root for 4.4.2

I was just about to start the root process on the first page when I remembered that the program I use for backing up my phone(Wondershare MobileGo) has a one click root feature.
I have tried it on 2 other phones but it didn't work, so I didn't have much hope.
It worked.
Really a one click root.
Now the bad news.
The program isn't free.
But it works really well for backing up and moving everything to a new phone.
I use it for backing up every phone in the house.
Sorry no picture. It won't let me post a link yet.
please present some sort of proof of this...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    n5l8yif.png

Warning, this might turn your phone into bender who wants to kill all humans!
    In all seriousness, you use this at your own risk! It is not my fault if you brick your phone, I did not create the program. Just came across it, took a gamble.

Phone still seems to work OK for me after this. Programs seem to get granted Root permissions. However, Root checkers claim its not rooted at first. Superuser seems to get uninstalled, but when reinstalled it only knows how to crash. So you need to install SuperSU Instead to update the superuser binaries. This will allow full root.

Root Genius installs something called Kinguser. Seems to work, and things that require root permissions seem to work such as uninstalling annoying built in apps like Lumen Toolbar (Yeah you can disable it without root, but it still there taking space. But I was able to fully remove it.)

=======Root Guide =========

AGAIN DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! ALL FAULTS ARE YOUR OWN!!

Warning!!

Do not attempt to factory update your phone while rooted. It will Error, &
    Turn it into a coaster (bootloop), if you are unable to get a replacement. If update is important before you attempt it use the same program to unroot. (Havent tried unrooting to see if that works but couple others said it will).

Advice!
    This method is only for Android Jelly Bean at this time.
    In the OTA Update a new kernel is applied which blocks this root method.
    I am in the hunt for a new method. Until than if root is importan. do not use the factory upgrade.

No Recovery!
    This phone is still locked at this time. So there no way to flash a new recovery or custom roms at this time. So do anything on this guide at your own risk. there is no way to backup your phone and restore it in event of a bootloop.

AGAIN DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! ALL FAULTS ARE YOUR OWN!!

Requirements
    -Windows OS
    -Android 4.3 (4.4.2 see after this method)

1. Enable USB Debugging
    (go to setting -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number till Dev Options enable, Go back to settings, Dev Options, Check USB Debugging)

2. Download Root Genius
    ROOT Genius - Android Oneclick Root Tool

3. Run the program and follow it step by step. it dose everything on its own pretty much from there.
    If it keeps asking to retry, Check your phone to make sure you allow the computer to connect.

4. Let it do its thing and finish. But don't stop here, if you do the root will only be half done! Finish the steps.

5. Install SuperSU (From the PlayStore) instead of Superuser (Doing this will allow Root Checkers to see the device is indeed rooted)

6. Remove kinguser at this point for its not needed. (Also My aVast mobile app told me to remove it that it was not safe when a update came out for it. Play it safe. use your own picked app to replace it. you may have to install an app like "System app remover (ROOT)" to remove it.)

7. Enjoy! :) & BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR ROOT!

=======================
    =======================

*For Android 4.4.2*
    Advice: At your own risk. This app has some privacy concerns see how it wants to see your contacts, stats, etc. Use this at your own risk.

Note: Before finding this method i tried many others one being Kingoroot. Which failed but did put Kinguser into the system partition. It was useless & became unremovable. silly how that work but that's all it could do was add a app. but still did not grant root.

But after this method Kinguser being compatible started working allowing use for english app that can control root permissions. Might want to think about it before using this method even know it will fail. It is up to you. This method uses a APK thats all chinese, so after rooting the management app is chinese and impossible to navigate unless you can read it. But because i tried to root with Kingoroot before this. Kinguser see the used root and binaries and is in english. Because of this after root i removed Kingroot, and the chinese app it installs leaving Kinguser as is. Root was still useable. removing the privacy concerns that came with them.

Or you can try to just download the Kinguser APK if you already rooted.
    http://superuser.kingoapp.com/

---
    Step 1: Go into settings - Security - Check Unknown Sources

Step 2: Simply Download Kingroot apk and install it

Step 3: Open it, and onces it comes up hit the blue root button.
    (if you get lost here. watch this dudes video).

Step 4: Once its done, reboot the device. Install a root checker to confirm root, and enjoy! ;) (Root checker might report back false no root status at first. Once permission is granted to it, either force close and open it again, or toggle new(old) View from the top right settings (the 3 dots) and recheck.)

Step 5: (Your choice) For english Root permission management download Kinguser if you don't already have it.
    ---

Warning: Attempting to update SU Binaries with this phone with any superuser app might break root permission. A superuser app is not needed anyways. In event you do this by mistake. you will need to power off the phone, Then holding Vol Down, at the same time with Power. Factory Reset it. Reinstalling Kingroot without doing this will not help. but factory reset will. Cheers!

Choice Apps I added after this where BusyBox & Device Control. Nice apps to have with root. Device control needs busybox, and with Device control I removed unwanted bloatware, and have nice settings and tools.
    Hey thanks for this anyone know if we are getting a custome recovery and rom development
    ?
    Yes, I got it rooted . . .

Has anyone tried rooting their phone with this method since getting the update to 4.4.2? He specifically states it doesnt work on the update and I didnt want to risk trying it and having something go wrong

It's almost two years since your question but I got it (Kyocera C6725 4.4.2) rooted using the PC version of Kingo Root and then chainfire's SUser apk via Play Store. It's rooted. Why did I want to root it? Just to get rid of all the bloatware. If I run into any problems, I will emend this post. As of this moment, I am unaware of any skilled person making a ROM for this phone. But I'll look around.