• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Root Guide] Lenovo tab m10 FHD PLUS TB-X606x

Search This thread

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
Hello everyone,
just got this tablet from my internet provider in bundle !
I found one or 2 post talking about root ( via twrp ) but here i report ( tested by myself ) another way to root your
TB-X606x without the need of installing TWRP ( well if you need it just use the other method )
I've root on this latest ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP available on ( Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA)

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your tablet "

that said let's go :

1- let's reboot in fastboot mode
Code:
adb reboot booatloader
(if your m10 just restart without entering fastboot than just poweroff, after that keep press POWER + VOLUME DOWN )

2 - unlock your bootloader ( if you don't know how.. have a quick search ..)
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
( if this gives you this error : FAILED (remote: 'unknown command') than do this:

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock

is gonna ask you to press VOLUME UP to unlock
or Volume DOWN to NOT unlock
you press volume UP

3 -
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
( you find the empty vbmeta.img attached to this post )

4 -
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
(you find the
ALREADY patched BOOT.IMG for ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP attached in this post )

BE AWARE .. if you are going to ROOT another ROM version of TB-X606x you need to get the original BOOT.IMG from the official rom( the exact same version your system is updated to ) and than PATCH IT with magisk !!!
5 -
Code:
fastboot reboot

that's it ! Your m10 FHD PLUS TB-X606x is ROOTED !!!

FILES INCLUDED :
Vbmeta_empty.img is the EMPTY vbmeta .. simply rename it vbmeta.img before flash it
vbmeta_ORIG.img is the ORIGINAL vbmeta of ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP just in case you need it..!!!

magisk_patched_boot_TB_X606X_S300326_210720.img is the PATCHED BOOT.IMG(rename it like this for convenience )
always for ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP
ORIG_boot_TB_X606X_S300326_210720.img is the original boot.img

Attachments

• vbmeta_EMPTY.img
    4 KB · Views: 93
  • vbmeta_ORIG.img
    4 KB · Views: 44
  • magisk_patched_boot_TB_X606X_S300326_210720.img
    32 MB · Views: 70
  • ORIG_boot_TB_X606X_S300326_210720.img
    32 MB · Views: 38

bazzilisek85

Dec 14, 2012
Hello, thx. i have one problem. my device not react to reboot to fastboot mode. my pc send message: waiting to device.
pleas help me. thx

LiborCZ

Sep 22, 2021
Postup funkční - potvrzuji.
root FHD.jpg

Last edited:

The tarapstar

Oct 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
I found one or 2 post talking about root ( via twrp ) but here i report ( tested by myself ) another way to root your
TB-X606x without the need of installing TWRP ( well if you need it just use the other method )
I've root on this latest ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP available on ( Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA)

DISCLAIMER as always.. " do it at your OWN risk , i won't be responsible if anything goes wrong, you might risk to brick your tablet "

that said let's go :

Code:
adb reboot booatloader
(if your m10 just restart without entering fastboot than just poweroff, after that keep press POWER + VOLUME DOWN )

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
( if this gives you this error : FAILED (remote: 'unknown command') than do this:

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock

you press volume UP

3 -
Code:

4 -
Code:
(you find the
ALREADY patched BOOT.IMG for ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP attached in this post )

BE AWARE .. if you are going to ROOT another ROM version of TB-X606x you need to get the original BOOT.IMG from the official rom( the exact same version your system is updated to ) and than PATCH IT with magisk !!!
5 -
Code:
fastboot reboot

FILES INCLUDED :
Vbmeta_empty.img is the EMPTY vbmeta .. simply rename it vbmeta.img before flash it
vbmeta_ORIG.img is the ORIGINAL vbmeta of ROM TB_X606X_S300326_210720_BMP just in case you need it..!!!

magisk_patched_boot_TB_X606X_S300326_210720.img is the PATCHED BOOT.IMG(rename it like this for convenience )
Hello guys, I tried this method today and it work with my model. I live in India and here in India, TB x606v model is available. The above method works with my model and is successful in performing root. I just patched the boot.img of rom of my particular model. All the other process is same as mentioned. Thanks Simika.

Reactions: simika

The tarapstar

Oct 12, 2021
Okay so guys, the above root method works for all models of Lenovo tab M10 FHD Plus. I have tested. However, those who are facing bootloop problem after flashing patched boot image and empty vbmeta image. You can do one thing is that get the device in fastboot mode(by pressing volume down and power button for 10seconds) then connect it to your computer/laptop. Now using fastboot commands flash the original vbmeta.img, boot.img, vendor.img, system.img, and cache.img . These files can be downloaded using the Lenovo rescue assistant for your model. Then enter fastboot reboot command and your device will start working again. If after few days of rooting your device face problem of bootloop, then do the above mentioned method and then flash the patched magisk image again. It will fix the problem.

alexacm

Nov 3, 2012
los angeles
Hello, Just picked up a X606F model. I haven't even connected it to the internet yet. I was wondering if the root persists over updates? Or should I update first? Presently I'm on TB-X606F_S300320_210716_BPM

thanks,
A-

The tarapstar

Oct 12, 2021
Hello, Just picked up a X606F model. I haven't even connected it to the internet yet. I was wondering if the root persists over updates? Or should I update first? Presently I'm on TB-X606F_S300320_210716_BPM

thanks,
A-
doesn't matter cause when you'll root by patching the latest rom, latest updates will be applied after rooting.

I used this method to Root my M10 FHD Plus ( TB-X606F ) a few months ago.
Now, I am attempting to update, but I cannot find the location of the OTA file for TWRP to install?
Any one offer any clues as to what folder it might be in ?
Or a link to some repo of Lenovo ROMs ?

Thanks in Advance !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

that said let's go :

Code:
    adb reboot booatloader

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

you press volume UP

3 -
    Code:

4 -
    Code:
    (you find the

5 -
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

FILES INCLUDED :

Hello guys, I tried this method today and it work with my model. I live in India and here in India, TB x606v model is available. The above method works with my model and is successful in performing root. I just patched the boot.img of rom of my particular model. All the other process is same as mentioned. Thanks Simika.