follow the above method bro it works for OREO just fineGuys has anyone rooted Lenovo k8 plus Oreo if so how plz help
How to unlock bootloader & get root for Lenovo K8 Plus
1. Make sure you have 70% charge or more then that.
2. Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone.
3. I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone.
4. Make sure that you have installed usb drivers.
5. Download ADB & Fastboot Drivers
Steps to Unlock Bootloader
1. First of all, enable the Developer Option
To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled"
2. Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
3. Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your phone.
4. Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
5. In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
Now type the command in your command window
6. If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OKCode:
Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
7. Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.Code:
adb reboot bootloader
8. This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.Code:
9. If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone. Also you'll loose your warranty!!
10. After the above command has finished executing, run the followingCode:
fastboot oem unlock
The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android.Code:
Note:- All credits for it goes to @topjohnwu for his amazing magisk
1. Make sure you are on latest September patch firmware.
2. Download patched_boot.img created from magisk mangaer.
1. Connect up your phone then type:-
2. Copy patched_boot.img in adb folder.Code:
adb reboot bootloader
3. Open up you device & install magisk manager from hereCode:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
Voilla you're rooted.
Can you please help me out to root my device.Big mistake following your tutorial because you say it's for Noobs and then I have to google most of the information.
Got my phone completely stuck and met some amazing people online who helped me out of it.
I have no right to tell you how you write your sfuff, but please do update your tutorial. It starts off great but finishes incompletely.