[root guide] SM-G9350/9300 S7 Edge Qualcomm | rom + kernel + twrp + xposed NEW: OREO

Search This thread

xmanz

Dec 21, 2012
napier
Hey dave im hoping you can maybe help me......for no reason i can figure my phone just wouldnt boot up, so i tried to reinstall oreo rom but no matter what i do nothing seems to get written i mean theres no errors in the install but after ward thr twrp my computer shows the main storage empty.....ive reflashed the oreo bootlader etc but wont install you have any suggestions? thanx

davecotefilm

May 11, 2014
Vancouver
davecote.com
Hey dave im hoping you can maybe help me......for no reason i can figure my phone just wouldnt boot up, so i tried to reinstall oreo rom but no matter what i do nothing seems to get written i mean theres no errors in the install but after ward thr twrp my computer shows the main storage empty.....ive reflashed the oreo bootlader etc but wont install you have any suggestions? thanx

That's weird. I don't know off hand, with no errors. I'd try right from scratch. Flash official that I have in OP and follow all instructions there. Let me know how you do..

xmanz

Dec 21, 2012
napier
That's weird. I don't know off hand, with no errors. I'd try right from scratch. Flash official that I have in OP and follow all instructions there. Let me know how you do..

I tried the Oreo from your op which in odin finishes with no errors. But on the reboot the android bot comes up and says erasing.. Then all I get is bootloader.. I think I've got a chip problem maybe. I wonder if the exynos single sim motherboard fits on this as theres alot on aliexpress..?

davecotefilm

May 11, 2014
Vancouver
davecote.com
I tried the Oreo from your op which in odin finishes with no errors. But on the reboot the android bot comes up and says erasing.. Then all I get is bootloader.. I think I've got a chip problem maybe. I wonder if the exynos single sim motherboard fits on this as theres alot on aliexpress..?

After erasing and bootloader reboots, continue to boot again and follow the instructions. It's not likely a chip if it boots to bootloader. Maybe try:flash twrp, then format system data and cache ext4, then odin my fw in op, follow instructions through to root. You could have old/bad sectors on ssd, so format should fix.

Last edited:

eddy_sone

Oct 13, 2019
Tuen Mun
5) Reboot. It might take a while on the first boot.

I have already waited for almost 2 hours and it still stuck at this point.
Is it normal? Should I keep waiting?
First time to root my phone, please help, thanks

Mrmousser

Dec 7, 2019
Bay area
Sm g935v

will it work with SM G935V? Im on oreo update 8.0. This is my first time asking for help usually i can find it myself but im also now a member of XDA so gott ask :p.

my current devices
SM G935V
SM J737V
SM N910P
LM V350A
LM Y47V

i need help with all these^^^

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Im using SM G935v oreo will it work with this model? if so which method do i pick?
1. CROM apk?
2. Download odin and flash firmware files (Bl, AP, CP, hom_csc.) download mode
3. Then flash twrp
4. Flash toxic rom zip in twrp done??

will this work with G935VVRS8CRK1?? if method is wrong please let me know order

apexthe31

Jan 16, 2013
Patiala
I'm on latest oreo cta1 and have trada rom v12. I have tried 3 roms till now but my phone is not running smoothly in any of them and when i tried to install your kernel phone just stuck on boot screen then i installed your rom still same. Is it not compatible with latest oreo? Or may be i'm missing something.

davecotefilm

May 11, 2014
Vancouver
davecote.com
I'm on latest oreo cta1 and have trada rom v12. I have tried 3 roms till now but my phone is not running smoothly in any of them and when i tried to install your kernel phone just stuck on boot screen then i installed your rom still same. Is it not compatible with latest oreo? Or may be i'm missing something.

It may not be compatible with the latest. Sorry I'm not going to be updating it anymore, newborn baby, and phone is getting old.

Reactions: apexthe31

apexthe31

Jan 16, 2013
Patiala
It may not be compatible with the latest. Sorry I'm not going to be updating it anymore, newborn baby, and phone is getting old.

Well congratulations for new born. I was not able to flash your rom but, my problem of slow phone has gone now. I have uninstalled magisk today and all of sudden all glitches gone. I think magisk or hide magisk was the main problem.

eiPeiDweP

Apr 13, 2014
POCO X3 GT (Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G)
Root long method still works. Or use tomato rom

I have no idea what root long method is, sorry. I'm new to S7e forums. I wanted the extra clocks cause it might fix the sluggishness of this device at latest stock. Anyways, can I still do the long method of root and/or install Tomato ROM on a locked bootloader? I'm pretty certain my aunt kept this device updated so probably no go on downgrading.

eiPeiDweP

Apr 13, 2014
POCO X3 GT (Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G)
Yeah they're ****ers, seems common practice now days..

Hi sir. It's me again. I'm one step closer to rooting. I've successfully unlocked my bootloader using the CROM service. What might be the next step I should do? I really want your overclocked kernel or at least the magisk root so I can control a bit of the governors and etc... (Also it said I can now flash custom OS on the CROM app, does that mean I can flash other bootloader versions like the ones on marsh or nougat?)

davecotefilm

May 11, 2014
Vancouver
davecote.com
Hi sir. It's me again. I'm one step closer to rooting. I've successfully unlocked my bootloader using the CROM service. What might be the next step I should do? I really want your overclocked kernel or at least the magisk root so I can control a bit of the governors and etc... (Also it said I can now flash custom OS on the CROM app, does that mean I can flash other bootloader versions like the ones on marsh or nougat?)

Just flash latest TWRP and magisk, that's it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thNacli.png
    FIRST, IF YOU AREN'T ROOTED YET, THIS WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO ROOT YOUR SM-G9350/9300:

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING YOU MUST INSTALL S6-CROM.APK, IT WILL ALLOW THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED ON OUR DEVICE:
    Download the attached CROM SERVICE apk at the end of this post.
    AND THEN: GOTO SETTINGS: ABOUT DEVICE, SOFTWARE INFO, TAP ON BUILD SEVERAL TIMES TO ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTIONS, GOTO SETTINGS: DEVELOPER OPTIONS AND TOGGLE OEM UNLOCK TO ON. ALSO BE SURE YOU HAVE THE SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS ON YOUR PC:
    http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117#none

THEN YOU CAN FLASH OUR ROOT.

OREO ROOT + TOXIC OVERCLOCKED KERNEL (BIGS=2.6G LITTLES=1.9G GPU=675M):

If you don't care about having Encrypted Data, you can just flash TOXIC_ROOT+OVERCLOCK_KERNEL_v99.zip in TWRP onto the latest Oreo firmware, and you'll be rooted, with Magisk, Overclocked.

To correctly format DATA and install without encryption:

Steps:

1) Make sure you're updated to the latest stock OREO, and download my TOXIC_ROOT+OVERCLOCK_KERNEL_v99.zip to your external SD Card.
    If you're not on the latest firmware, and you want to use mine (CRJ1):
    Download Odin v3.13.1 here, and Firmware CRJ1: BL/AP/CP/CSC files: download here ), flash this firmware in Odin v3.13.1 (open Odin v3.13.1, connect device, reboot into Download Mode: reboot, hold Home/Power/Vol Down, then press Vol Up to confirm. (make sure you have samsung usb drivers installed),load BL/AP/CP/CSC and press start).
    Allow device to fully boot, then select your language, skip google sign in and skip samsung sign in, get to where it tells you you're all done and you're on the home screen.

2) Boot into Download mode (reboot, hold Home/Power/Vol Down, then press Vol Up to confirm.) Connect Device.

3) Download Odin v 3.12.3 here -and TWRP.tar here, open the TWRP.tar in the AP in Odin v3.12.3 and press START THEN BOOT DIRECTLY INTO TWRP BY HOLDING POWER/HOME/VOLUME UP!

4)FORMAT DATA in TWRP, then press back and INSTALL TOXIC_ROOT+OVERCLOCK_KERNEL.zip from external SD. NOTE: THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR INTERNAL DATA, INCLUDING MEDIA, PICTURES, ETC! THIS IS NECESSARY TO UN-ENCRYPT THE DATA PARTITION! SO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR INTERNAL SD!

5) Reboot. It might take a while on first boot.

Now you can restore your DATA in TWRP if you have a DATA backup.

Enjoy :)

TOXIC_ROOT+OVERCLOCK_KERNEL installs Magisk root v18 for you, adds Toxic Boot screen, raises max volume for music and media (and phone), and has a few other small optimizations.

ToxicKernel Overclocked to: Bigs 2.6Ghz Littles 1.9Ghz GPU 675, and Quickcharge 3 support added. Big cores default governor = conservative; Little cores default governor = interactive, core Thermal control disabled. Lightening fast with little drain on battery :D

Kernel Source

For non-root options or the manual root method:

OREO TOXIC OVERCLOCKED KERNEL (BIGS=2.5G LITTLES=1.8G):
    Just flash this zip in TWRP:

ToxicKernel.zip

Uses your current Ramdisk, so if you're rooted, it'll keep your root. If you're not rooted, you still won't be ;)
    Control the frequencies with Kernel Adiutor, I set mine for daily use on Conservative Governor, but go Interactive if you want that OC power!
    Frequency info:
    2496mHz big cores 1824mHz little cores, GPU 650mHz, 300mHz added to all CPU cores for lighter daily useage.

Or for MORE Power:
    ToxicKernel Overclocked to: Bigs 2.5Ghz Littles 1.92Ghz GPU 675, and Quickcharge 3 support added. I run this kernel on my own device, with Kernel Adiutor to set governors to Conservative Up threshold 90 Down threshold 80, core Thermal control disabled. Lightening fast with little drain on battery :D

Just flash this zip in TWRP:

ToxicKernel2.49Bigs1.92Littles675gpuQchrg3.zip

The overclock is built for the S7-Edge version, if you like you can install on the S7 flat and see if it works, let me know if it does!

Kernel Source

OREO TOXIC ROM CRJ1 BASED ON OFFICIAL:
    This is a bit of a convoluted way to get root on the new Samsung Binary, but it's perfect. It runs the most up to date odexed (fast) official rom, with boot rooted with Magisk. This method fully passes safety-net.
    I've included stock OREO CRJ1 because in my experience Samsung sometimes releases their final firmware (which is possibly CRJ2) with terrible battery life (maybe to get us to buy new phone..)
    NOTE: YOU NEED TO FLASH TOXICKERNEL AFTER THE FOLLOWING ROOT METHOD.
    Steps:

1) Boot device into download mode (restart and hold POWER/HOME/VOLUME DOWN, then VOL UP to confirm once it's at blue screen). Flash via Odin 3.13.1 [get this ODIN here] - BL/AP/CP/CSC files: download here , unzip to get to the files, load the BL, AP, CP and HOME_CSC files into Odin with phone connected (make sure you have samsung usb drivers installed) and press START. Let device fully boot, skip google/samsung sign in's just get to where the phone has started fully.
    2) Boot device into download mode (restart and hold POWER/HOME/VOLUME DOWN, then VOL UP to confirm once it's at blue screen). Flash boot.tar with odin 3.13.1, download boot.tar here
    3) Boot device into download mode (restart and hold POWER/HOME/VOLUME DOWN, then VOL UP to confirm once it's at blue screen). Flash via Odin 3.12.3 [get this ODIN here] - TWRP.tar Just download the Odin 3.12.3 (unzip it) and the TWRP.tar [get this TWRP.tar here], open the TWRP.tar in the AP in Odin, connect your device (make sure you have samsung usb drivers installed), and press START THEN BOOT DIRECTLY INTO TWRP BY HOLDING POWER/HOME/VOLUME UP!
    4) In TWRP, Mount System, then Advanced: File Manager - rename recoverybackupboot.p to recoverybackupboot.bak, and if there is a 'fixcontents' file, delete it. Then finally, FORMAT DATA in TWRP.
    5) Still in TWRP, install no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip [get that file here], then go back and install Magisk-v17.1.zip [get that file here]
    6) Boot system, and install MagiskManager.apk [get that here], as well as ESRootExplorer.apk [here], then open Magisk Manager, say yes for it to do it's environment setups, and when it's done, open ESRootExplorer, tap the settings at top left and enable ROOT, then edit /system/build.prop scroll down to bottom you will see ro.config.tima=1, change it to ro.config.tima=0 , then edit /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom and scroll down.. DELETE ",forceencrypt=footer,quota" delete exactly what is in the quotations, including the comma at the beginning.
    7) Reboot to TWRP (reboot then hold POWER/HOME/VOL UP), FORMAT DATA AGAIN! now at this point you can restore your old Android N or O DATA backup in TWRP, just restore DATA partition ONLY!
    8) Reboot system, and reinstall the MagiskManager.apk again, let magisk to it's environment setup again, and that's it!
    DONE!

NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL XPOSED OR XPOSED MAGISK MODULE, AS IT WILL CAUSE RANDOM REBOOTS!

I'm working on an Overclocked Kernel but have to wait for samsung to release the CRJ1 source, so we'll have OC and built in wakeblocks soon :)

If phone turns black after reboot, hard reset (hold power/home/vol up/vol down for 10 seconds) and all should reboot fine.

Why two ODIN's? Not sure, but one can only flash the BL/AP/CP... and the other can only flash twrp, go figure..

That's it! Enjoy!

If you happen to not be locked into OREO binary 3 and wish to explore older Android Versions, see:

THIS IS THE FASTEST AND MOST EFFICIENT ROM FOR THE SM-G9350/9300 S7 AND EDGE SNAPDRAGON VARIANT:

TOXIC 8.0 - BEST ROM FOR OUR DEVICE:

TOXIC 8.0 - 7.0.X.1.C is a conglomeration of the best parts of Android 7.0 and 8.0, it's based off the 7.0 framework-res, with the best features of 8.0, resulting in the fastest, longest battery lasting ROM for the SM-G9350/9300:

Use Odin to flash these BL and CP:

Then download and install the rom ZIP through TWRP:

YOU CAN DIRTY FLASH THIS OVER LAST TOXIC ROM:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904005851
    DO NOT CONNECT TO WIFI ON FIRST BOOT, TURN OFF AUTO UPDATE IN GALAXY APPS, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP FULL SCREEN ALWAYS ON DISPLAY CLOCK BACKGROUNDS.

Overclocked ToxicKernel (OVERCLOCKED TO 2496MhZ BIGS 1826MhZ LITTLES):

KERNEL ZIP Oct-27-2018 :
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536991420

Download and install the ToxicKernelOVERCLOCKED.zip (flash via TWRP) and reboot, easy as that. When Toxic Overclock Extreme is turned off (in ToxicSettings App) it's set to Efficient Mode, with GPU governor=powersave, Big cores governor=zzmoove (version 70X1C), this lets the phone run nicely with over a days battery with heavy useage, 0.01% / hr battery drain per on doze. To turn on Overclock, goto TOXIC SETTINGS and enable the "enhanced settings: Toxic Overclock Extreme", then click the button to reboot, and enjoy your new perfect overclocked ROM. Toxic Overclock Extreme is set to interactive governor on all cores.
    Kernel blocks safe wakelocks, and you can add further kernel wakelock blocks manually.

FOR MORE INFO ON WAKELOCKS AND GETTING INSANELY GOOD BATTERY LIFE, READ:

KERNEL WAKELOCKS:
    Kernel blocks safe wakelocks, and you can add/remove further kernel wakelock blocks by editing /system/etc/init.sec.boot.sh (just open in root file editor), you will see at the bottom: echo 'IPA_WS;wlan_txfl_wake;wlan_rx_wake;wlan_scan_wake;wlan_pm_wake;wlan_ctrl_wake;mmc0_detect;alarmtimer;PowerManagerService.Broadcasts;PowerManagerService.Display;radio-interface;doze-wakelock;smdcntl0;alarm;mbhc_wake_lock' > /sys/class/misc/toxic_wakelock_blocker/wakelock_blocker
    Simply add/remove names of wakelocks within the single quotes, separated by semicolons, these are the user controlled blocked kernel wakelocks. The current setup after flashing toxicKernelOverclocked makes battery life a lot better, and is the maximum number of wakelocks that I could disable with no impact.

SYSTEM WAKELOCKS:
    The best way to block TOXIC rom System wakelocks is with Amplify (paid version), but paid or not, just install Xposed, then Amplify (activate the module), and download then my Amplify shared_prefs file, open with a Root File Text editor, copy contents and paste into /data/data/com.ryansteckler.nlpunbounce/shared_prefs/com.ryansteckler.nlpunbounce_preferences.xml :
    File: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904026904

And a note about DOZE: install Greenify and Activate in Xposed, then enable AGGRESSIVE DOZE and DOZE ON THE GO in settings. This will allow Doze to work while phone is moving or in your pocket.

These tips I mentioned above, along with ToxicKernelOverclocked, will give you the most amazing battery life possible, 0.0% drain on standby :)

NOTE: ROM is in efficient mode by default, and in my opinion, keeping it in efficiency mode is great for normal useage. I only use OC for gaming :)

Frequency info:
    2496mHz big cores 1824mHz little cores, GPU 650mHz, 300mHz added to all CPU cores for lighter daily useage.
    The overclock is built for the S7-Edge version, if you like you can install on the S7 flat and see if it works, let me know if it does!

Toxic ROM Features:
    Customized Toxic Settings (nav bar, button, battery, and every other kind of mod); full screen AOD with clock and Toxic backgrounds :) ; optimized battery life; optimized performance. etc etc etc.
    And since Oreo is the LAST Android version that will be released for this device, this is THE best ROM for it. Forever.​

Notes:
    XPOSED: Install N 7.0 version of xposed, as the Rom has N framework-res.

NOTE ABOUT BOOT QMG: If you don't like the TOXIC Rom boot animation, you can download the zip "StockBootQMGs.zip" HERE and move those three files into your SYSTEM/MEDIA/ on your device, replacing the files you have there.

NOTE ABOUT ADAWAY: If AdAway can't save to hosts file, dowload AdAway systemless hosts v2 zip attached below and flash in recovery.

And for those inclined, the ALWAYS ON DISPLAY images are very easy to mod, just take your /system/priv-app/AOD_Service/..apk, to your desktop pc, open the apk with winzip or most any archiver, DON'T UNZIP IT, just navigate to the /res/drawable-xxxhdpi-v4/ folder and edit the corresponding aod_image_01...02...03 etc png's, or the aod_wallpaper_01..02.. etc png's, then also edit the previews for them in /res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/ folder, simply drag out the png images, edit them in photoshop or any png editor, then save them with the same name and drag back into the open winzip/archive (remember DON'T UNZIP!) ..there you go! Enjoy

Kernel Source:

ROM Source:
    The rom is a mix of the official China and Hong Kong Samsung firmware (as this is the China/Hong Kong Variant of the S7-Edge, and also the only Snapdragon variant with an unlockable bootloader), touchwiz, with some custom black apps added, and the most efficient and powerful parts of Android N and O.​

If you are interested in rooting your current ROM, or Marshmallow, Stock, beta Oreo, etc.. see below:

If you want pure 8.0, 7.0 or 6.0 ... follow the other root options for MM, N, OreoBeta... :

ROOT YOUR CURRENT ROM:

1) FLASH TWRP IN ODIN (LOAD TWRP AS ''AP'' IN ODIN, TWRP AND ODIN CAN BE DOWNLOADED ABOVE) - ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE BY REBOOTING YOUR DEVICE THEN HOLDING THE HOME/POWER/VOL DOWN BUTTONS, THEN ON BLUE SCREEN CONNECT TO USB/PC AND PRESS VOL UP.

2) BOOT INTO TWRP, FORMAT DATA (YES YOU WILL LOSE ALL PERSONAL DATA), THEN FLASH (INSTALL) SUPERUSER (SU) ZIP THROUGH TWRP (HOLD HOME/POWER/VOL UP DURING REBOOT TO ENTER RECOVERY):
    SUPERUSER ZIP:
    The one I used for Nougat:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862692145

or if you prefer, Official latest SuperUser:
    http://www.supersu.com/download
    ENJOY:)

ANDROID 8.0 OREO (G9350 EDGE ONLY!) XPOSED HAS BEEN RELEASED AS BETA FOR OREO AND WORKS ON THIS ROM!!
    (this is a complicated setup, not for the faint of heart)
    Notes: this is BETA, and the bootloader is beta, so it will allow you to go back to Nougat or Marshmallow, but I've heard some talk with other devices that once they release the OFFICIAL OREO, the BOOTLOADER may not let you go back! So I suggest you play with this beta FIRST, and make sure you REALLY LIKE IT, before upgrading to OFFICIAL OREO!!! For example, Oreo (well, at least in beta) system crashes when you delete most any system app (I've debloated as much as I think I can, any more and it just won't boot). Also, there are new priv-app permission rules, so if the permission profile isn't in the ROM, then that app can't be in priv-app (such as Google Play, go figure..)
    So, BE WARNED: IT'S POSSIBLE THAT ONCE WE UPGRADE TO OFFICIAL OREO, WE ARE STUCK WITH IT, AND MODDING WILL BE DIFFICULT!!!

Okay, here we go:

Steps:
    1) PREPARE THE BOOTLOADER FOR OREO:
    A) FLASH Official QL3 firmware for our device, flash BL, AP, CP, CSC with Odin3 v3.12 from this download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850504357
    B) Let system boot fully, then FLASH TWRP with Odin from this download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657594560
    C) Install from External SD: RC3, then RC4 (ro.secure==0 or ro.secure==1, depending on what your device is):
    Here's for ro.secure=1:
    and if that doesn't work, then do this for ro.secure=0:
    D) FLASH boot(RC2), it's modified boot that allows for root: with Odin:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754471790 then Boot system and wait for apps to update/install​
    2) INSTALL ROOTED ROM:
    A) Make sure you have a backup in TWRP for your current NOUGAT (and for best results, hopefully it's TOXIC ROM Nougat, but I'm 99% sure it'll work with any other.) Now, WIPE/FORMAT DATA in recovery, then also do Advanced Wipe to clear dalvik, systam, data and cache.
    B) Download this deodexed, debloated, pre-rooted, optimized version of Oreo for our device (TOXIC OREO ROM), it basically just mods some things that allow root and play store to work properly, along with some wicked customizations :):) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510001
    C) Restore your NOUGAT backups DATA and CACHE only. I REPEAT, DATA AND CACHE ONLY!
    D) DIRTY FLASH ROM NORMA OREO V1 it in TWRP, I REPEAT: DIRTY FLASH! BECAUSE A CLEAN INSTALL HAD SOME OF MY APPS BUGGING OUT!
    E) go ahead and install XPOSED with the latest xposed installer apk, install it through the system, not in recovery.​
    3) FLASH this CP file in ODIN, to fix the Black/Dark Red Selfie Camera Problem (seems the problem returned in Oreo) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657598886
    4) DO NOT UPDATE SUPERUSER BINARY!!! If you do, bootloop and back to reflashing!!!
    That's it. You will have fully functioning OREO :)

Thank you hilary trump for all the bits and parts of the OREO BOOTLOADER, and for advise :):):) !!!
    And thank you xmanz for (accidentally) figuring that dirty flashing over a restored backup was the trick to get apps stable and everything working smoothly :):):) !!!

ANDROID 7.x.x NOUGAT (G9300 OR G9350 EDGE) XPOSED HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR NOUGAT AND WORKS ON THIS ROM!!
    (with ROM CONTROL advanced settings/statusbar mods/etc):

1) DOWNLOAD THIS ROM TO YOUR DEVICES SDCARD:

Toxic V23 - Aug 15, 2017 (my daily driver, gets 24+hours regular use):
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634793678

TO FIX GOOGLE SERVICES CRASHING: Go to settings, apps -> all and then reset the default app preferences. Then give LOCATION permission to Google Services.

NOTE ABOUT BOOT QMG: If you don't like the TOXIC Rom boot animation, you can download the zip "StockBootQMGs.zip" HERE and move those three files into your SYSTEM/MEDIA/ on your device, replacing the files you have there.

NOTE ABOUT ADAWAY: If AdAway can't save to hosts file, dowload AdAway systemless hosts v2 zip attached below and flash in recovery.

2) FLASH THE FOLLOWING FILES IN ODIN (DOWNLOAD ODIN AND TWRP ABOVE IF YOU NEED TO) - ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE BY REBOOTING YOUR DEVICE THEN HOLDING THE HOME/POWER/VOL DOWN BUTTONS, THEN ON BLUE SCREEN CONNECT TO USB/PC AND PRESS VOL UP.:

3) REBOOT INTO RECOVERY (HOLD HOME/POWER/VOL UP BUTTONS DURING REBOOT), AND INSTALL THE ROM YOU SAVED TO YOUR SDCARD IN STEP 1. PRESS BACK IN TWRP THEN WIPE: FORMAT DATA.

4) REBOOT AND OPEN THE TOXIC SETTINGS, CLICK SETTING THAT SAYS "GOOGLE" IN IT, THEN TOGGLE THE ONE WITH "GOOGLE" TO ON.

5) REBOOT, GIVE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES LOCATION PERMISSION (SETTINGS:APPLICATIONS.

ENJOY N, AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR 7.1.1 :)

AOD (always on display) MOD

For those of you on Toxic, with AOD (always on display) v20, here's a mod that gives [better] AOD backgrounds: FILE ATTACHED BELOW. Just use file explorer to drag it into /system/priv-app/AOD_service/ and replace the existing file (BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!).

And for those inclined, it's very easy to mod, just take your /system/priv-app/AOD_Service/..apk, to your desktop pc, open the apk with winzip or most any archiver, DON'T UNZIP IT, just navigate to the /res/drawable-xxxhdpi-v4/ folder and edit the corresponding aod_image_01...02...03 etc png's, or the aod_wallpaper_01..02.. etc png's, then also edit the previews for them in /res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/ folder, simply drag out the png images, edit them in photoshop or any png editor, then save them with the same name and drag back into the open winzip/archive (remember DON'T UNZIP!) ..there you go! Enjoy

ANDROID 6.x.x MARSHMALLOW (G9350 EDGE ONLY) XPOSED WORKS WITH THIS ANDROID 6.x.x :

1) DOWNLOAD THIS ROM TO YOUR DEVICES SDCARD:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120704579

2) FLASH THE FOLLOWING FILES IN ODIN (DOWNLOAD ODIN AND TWRP ABOVE IF YOU NEED TO) - ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE BY REBOOTING YOUR DEVICE THEN HOLDING THE HOME/POWER/VOL DOWN BUTTONS, THEN ON BLUE SCREEN CONNECT TO USB/PC AND PRESS VOL UP.:

3) REBOOT INTO RECOVERY (HOLD HOME/POWER/VOL UP BUTTONS DURING REBOOT), AND INSTALL THE ROM YOU SAVED TO YOUR SDCARD IN STEP 1. PRESS BACK IN TWRP THEN WIPE: FORMAT DATA.

4) REBOOT AND ENJOY (OPTIONALLY INSTALL SYSTEMWIDE OR SYSTEMLESS XPOSED ATTACHED BELOW)

MARSHMALLOW KERNEL WAS FIXED UP AND OPTIMIZED BY @travis82

That's all, and thanks goes to:
    Aurora ROM Team (http://bbs.gfan.com/android-8335509-1-1.html)
    Xposed Guys (http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/unofficial-systemless-xposed-t3388268 NOTE: credits on page)
    Mike for sending me to Aurora ROM and hosting is on Google Drive ( @mlkemac )\
    Travis for working hard on Kernels ( @travis82)
    I'm just frustrated because doing 3 projects is a lot to do solo. All good, just a bit overwhelmed.

Ok the screenshots I said I would do for you SM-G9350 people. Here we go. Dave is getting 150k maybe his rom is a tad different. This is all on interactive performance is not used at all. So results will very depending on govs for cpu and gpu used.

So I figured I would toss these out here for a nice test. So as always, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES CAUSED TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.

Beta 15 Test: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224410043
    TWRP Test: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862692866
    TWRP Offical: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120697893

These are all flash-able in recovery. I made them zip flash-able on purpose to make your lives easier in case you need to switch or choose to switch recoveries and or kernels.

Post results on my rom/kernel thread or here if Dave sais its fine.
    SM-G9350-AUG-HK: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767099439

What's good:
    English
    Pre-rooted
    Kernel set permissive
    debloated

How do I install this rom?
    Copy rom to external sdcard. Boot twrp. Install rom.zip clear caches and reboot.

I will leave this rom up it will not go anywhere. It's perfectly stable.
    Don't think so (locked bootloader), but try, Odin will let it or it won't :/

lol I dont have a U.S variant, I was smart enough to get exynos.
    Some questions:
    1. I've read on chinese websites that some cameras go red, can you clarify what this is?
    2. Does the hong kong variant come with warranty, or doesn't come with warranty like the international variant?
    3. Is installing the aurora rom a better choice than installing a USA rom? (I want to use carrier-only features).

1. this was the initial root. it has since been fixed.
    2. not sure. I purchased mine in China, and am now in canada. I've tripped knox, so there's no warranty anyways.
    3. The aurora is just the best available rom available right now. until we get more development on the 820 cpu. It installs a perfectly working TWRP, and root. There is some chinese to deal with, but the stability and battery is great.