[ROOT GUIDE] SM-T311 (4.2.2 Jelly Bean)

Search This thread

annalia

Aug 10, 2014
I have an unlocked Galaxy Tab 3 8 (T311) with 4.2.2 OS and the TWRPs method did not work for me. I am not able to post links yet, but google "teamandroid root galaxy tab 3 8 0 422 jelly bean" and the webpage should come up in the search options. Excellent instructions and super easy to root. Does not provide instructions on a recovery install, which is what you'll need next to install a ROM.

NOTE -- this is for unlocked tablet versions. My tablet is not tied to a carrier, and this worked perfectly for me.

Last edited:

annalia

Aug 10, 2014
Don't Recommend any KitKat ROMs for now

I tried out 2 KitKat Roms on my tablet (T311) and most everything worked out well, except for a very important feature. The phone did not work. I think it has to do with KitKat because not rooted people have this problem. Also, had to manually fix my APN settings to get 3G, it was not automatic. I'm back to my original firmware and think I'll stay with that until key lime pie, or whatever it will be called, comes out. I plan to root again though and get some of that privacy protection software back.

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
I tried out 2 KitKat Roms on my tablet (T311) and most everything worked out well, except for a very important feature. The phone did not work. I think it has to do with KitKat because not rooted people have this problem. Also, had to manually fix my APN settings to get 3G, it was not automatic. I'm back to my original firmware and think I'll stay with that until key lime pie, or whatever it will be called, comes out. I plan to root again though and get some of that privacy protection software back.

Dude wrong forum as well... Inform a mod to have this thread moved and the other one as well.

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: annalia

annalia

Aug 10, 2014

This is a root guide for Samsung tab 3, 3G 8". Please re-read my entire post and see for yourself. If root guides don't belong here, please let me know. I'm a newbie ;)

M

moonbutt74

hey

@annalia

this isn't a guide.
a guide contains and or points to good resources/information.
it contains descriptions of processes, observations, warnings, and insights.
things that bring a reader forward from a point of difficulty on through to a point of resolution.
please reconsider your position.

m

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dude wrong forum as well... Inform a mod to have this thread moved and the other one as well.

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone