Question Root Guide

Search This thread

kopek3105

I rooted my phone perfectly good through Magisk without TWRP. I used general tutorials on the internet but I finally succeed after use this links:
- pyload dumper (use this to extract boot.img)
- Repo of Oxygen OS Builds (use proper ROM for your phone to extract boot.img by above programme)

Everything working lovely, 0 problems, SafetyNet passed from start without any errors, MagiskHide workings perfect. I'm not the best in speaking English, but if you will be intrested I can create tutorial how i did this in steps (bad English warning).

(OxygenOS 11.0.9.9.EB13AA)

marina1511

Oct 30, 2021
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Everything working lovely, 0 problems, SafetyNet passed from start without any errors, MagiskHide workings perfect. I'm not the best in speaking English, but if you will be intrested I can create tutorial how i did this in steps (bad English warning).

Yes, please do create a tutorial if you have time. This is my first attempt at rooting and I'm scared I will brick my new shiny phone if I don't have step by step "hold my hand" information.

EDIT: does this tutorial work for Nord CE? https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-root-unlock-bootloader-oneplus-nord-magisk/
I'd like to put LineageOS instead of OOS, do I just use payload dumper with lineageos bin and do other steps as in this tutorial? Is there anyone who put LineageOS on Nord CE, does 5G work as expected?

Should I do anything now before unlocking the bootloader (and other steps) to make a backup if i brick it or do something unexpected so i can recover it? My head is spinning from rooting-flashing lingo I'm not fluent in...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sony make.believe

srinivas_b

Jan 27, 2015
Yes, please do create a tutorial if you have time. This is my first attempt at rooting and I'm scared I will brick my new shiny phone if I don't have step by step "hold my hand" information.

EDIT: does this tutorial work for Nord CE? https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-root-unlock-bootloader-oneplus-nord-magisk/
I'd like to put LineageOS instead of OOS, do I just use payload dumper with lineageos bin and do other steps as in this tutorial? Is there anyone who put LineageOS on Nord CE, does 5G work as expected?

Should I do anything now before unlocking the bootloader (and other steps) to make a backup if i brick it or do something unexpected so i can recover it? My head is spinning from rooting-flashing lingo I'm not fluent in...
follow the instructions given on that link, it works perfectly. before that extract your boot image.
I rooted my phone perfectly good through Magisk without TWRP. I used general tutorials on the internet but I finally succeed after use this links:
- pyload dumper (use this to extract boot.img)
- Repo of Oxygen OS Builds (use proper ROM for your phone to extract boot.img by above programme)

to extract the boot image bootloader needs to be unlocked, more instructions here - https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/locking_unlocking

Reactions: marina1511

marina1511

Oct 30, 2021
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
follow the instructions given on that link, it works perfectly. before that extract your boot image.

Sorry my noobness, but... By extract your boot image do you mean extract the boot image from phone that's currently on it, or extract the LineageOS boot image I want to put on it? I'd like to backup boot image (if that's correct terminology) that's currently on the phone, so if I screw something up I don't get left with a brick in my hand, can you point me to any tutorial for that?
Thanks for your help

srinivas_b

Jan 27, 2015
Sorry my noobness, but... By extract your boot image do you mean extract the boot image from phone that's currently on it, or extract the LineageOS boot image I want to put on it? I'd like to backup boot image (if that's correct ) that's currently on the phone, so if I screw something up I don't get left with a brick in my hand, can you point me to any tutorial for that?
Thanks for your help
Download the latest ota zip from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...a-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4326661/
Extract boot image from it. To extract use payload dumper tool mentioned on earlier post. Extraction guide can be found on OP of https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-a-quick-android-ota-payload-dumper.4173271/
You can have that as backup and patch a copy of it after you unlock your bootloader via magisk manager

marina1511

Oct 30, 2021
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I'm having problems with fastboot OEM unlock step.
That option is greyed out in the settings, and I asked Oneplus support about it - they asked me my phone IMEI and said my phone is already OEM unlocked so that's why it's greyed out in the settings.

When i run fastboot oem unlock command i get "oem unlock failed flashing unlock is not allowed". Should I just ignore that and go to the next step of the tutorial (https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-root-unlock-bootloader-oneplus-nord-magisk/ ) or should I do something else?
(Why is this so complicated :oops:)

Thanks for help

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Wondered if i could ask of some help please. Ive downloaded the euro stock image from the other thread here, extracted the boot image using the dumper software copied onto the phone and then patched. Ive then gone into bootloader and then written the file back to the phone. Phone starts to boot but then i get a black screen...its kinda working as if i hold the power button i get the option to power off or restart (in the android gui style) so its almost like its running but with no screen. I can reboot to the bootloader screen but kinda stuck there at that point...thanks to anyone that chips in.

JamboFE

Wondered if i could ask of some help please. Ive downloaded the euro stock image from the other thread here, extracted the boot image using the dumper software copied onto the phone and then patched. Ive then gone into bootloader and then written the file back to the phone. Phone starts to boot but then i get a black screen...its kinda working as if i hold the power button i get the option to power off or restart (in the android gui style) so its almost like its running but with no screen. I can reboot to the bootloader screen but kinda stuck there at that point...thanks to anyone that chips in.
After flashing the patched boot.img, it seems necessary to wipe the system setting.
(The data on your device will be lost, so be careful if the data is important.)
Please refer to my case below.

IMGS_20211106_192555.jpg

If you flash the patched boot.img and then boot it as is, it probably won't boot properly.

IMGS_20211107_010013-cut.jpg

Or this screen display.

IMGS_20211106_193347.jpg

Or this screen display.
(In this case, press and hold all the buttons on the terminal to reboot.)

IMGS_20211106_195411.jpg

Choosing a language should bring you to the recovery menu.

IMGS_20211106_195427.jpg

Execute "Reset system setting" and "Wipe cache" from "Wipe data and cache".
I feel like I didn't have to run "Erase everything (Music, pics, etc)".

IMGS_20211106_195555.jpg

When wiping is completed, execute "Reboot to recovery" from the menu, and execute "reboot" from "exit".
(It may be okay to immediately go from "exit" to "reboot" without doing "Reboot to recovery")

IMGS_20211106_195646.jpg

In my case, it started normally with the above procedure.

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Hi Yes - i did do that but there was no change - the phone is brand new so theres no data to loose. After trying to reflash the whole rom im now in Crash Dump mode.

I can drop back to the bootloader and wondered if there was a way of flashing a zip file using adb...?

Its not my own phone....ive got 6 of them to root for software testing so itd be nice if i could resurrect this one! :)

Last edited:

_13

What is the "wrong slot"? - im new to one plus phones....ive done a lot of HTC's and Samsungs - just have to learn the way these ones work...

Maybe this thread can help you on the way.

ComfySofa

May 25, 2009
Maybe this thread can help you on the way.
had an inital look through but not sure i understand...so theres 2 paritions ? why is that? does that mean i would have to have had (when it was working) write the boot.img twice??

So, reading through again....that doesnt really help me...im still none the wiser...

Last edited:

marina1511

Oct 30, 2021
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I'm still stuck with greyed out OEM unlock in dev settings. Did no one have that problem? OnePlus support says its because my OEM is already unlocked. This is what i get when trying to run the commands.

adb oem unlock drops the same line "flashing unlock is not allowed"

Any help would be appreciated and I've been stuck so long that I'm willing to pay someone (through paypal or BTC) to guide me through this, so I'm open to offers for that too. Thank you for you help

EDIT: So i finally got OEM unlock ungreyed in settings. What was needed was to login to google account. wtf

Attachments

• rf1.PNG
    rf1.PNG
    101.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JamboFE

jimmy16

Sep 5, 2009
Brasov
I'm still stuck with greyed out OEM unlock in dev settings. Did no one have that problem? OnePlus support says its because my OEM is already unlocked. This is what i get when trying to run the commands.

adb oem unlock drops the same line "flashing unlock is not allowed"

Any help would be appreciated and I've been stuck so long that I'm willing to pay someone (through paypal or BTC) to guide me through this, so I'm open to offers for that too. Thank you for you help

EDIT: So i finally got OEM unlock ungreyed in settings. What was needed was to login to google account. wtf
I was able to get rid of grayed toggle by connecting to internet.

VoltaGe86

Nov 9, 2015
Hi everyone

I have a question for those of you that have successfully rooted by installing magisk-what is the best way to update your system?

I am running 11.0.11.11.EB13BA on the EU EB2103 Nord CE 5G and I see 11.0.14.14.EB13AA is out. With previous phones running the OTA when rooted bricks the device and the best method has been to download the full install and 'dirty' flash the phone using TWRP. I don't have TWRP installed and to be honest, I'm not quite sure how to get from 11.11 to 14.14 and then reinstall magisk. Anyone else in the same situation?

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
Hi everyone

I have a question for those of you that have successfully rooted by installing magisk-what is the best way to update your system?

I am running 11.0.11.11.EB13BA on the EU EB2103 Nord CE 5G and I see 11.0.14.14.EB13AA is out. With previous phones running the OTA when rooted bricks the device and the best method has been to download the full install and 'dirty' flash the phone using TWRP. I don't have TWRP installed and to be honest, I'm not quite sure how to get from 11.11 to 14.14 and then reinstall magisk. Anyone else in the same situation?
How to update OTA and KEEP ROOT
It is advised to disable all magisk modules to be safe!
epr said:
- Go to System-Update
- Tap OK when the message that you are rooted appears
- Tap "Download and install"
- Wait until you are prompted to reboot - DO NOT REBOOT NOW!
- Open Magisk Manager, select install -> Install to inactive slot and start installation
- When Magisk has finished to install, reboot and you stay rooted with newest OTA.

Reactions: Sony make.believe

Waleriks

Mar 27, 2016
Rome
Moto G 2014 LTE
OnePlus 3
How to update OTA and KEEP ROOT
It is advised to disable all magisk modules to be safe!
epr said:
- Go to System-Update
- Tap OK when the message that you are rooted appears
- Tap "Download and install"
- Wait until you are prompted to reboot - DO NOT REBOOT NOW!
- Open Magisk Manager, select install -> Install to inactive slot and start installation
- When Magisk has finished to install, reboot and you stay rooted with newest OTA.

The installation of the update fails, anyone having problems with the latest update ?
And the full ota is not even available on the website.

Top Liked Posts