- DO NOT LET YOUR PHONE REBOOT, OR POWER OFF UNTIL I TELL YOU THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.
If you do, I am not sure what shape your phone will be in.
- This should go without saying, but you MUST have your bootloader unlocked (check OEM UNLOCK in developer options AND fastboot oem unlock). If you don't, you will probably brick your phone.
- If you use this on any model V30 besides the H932, you will be stuck in a bootloop, and you will not be able to fix it since you will have wiped out download mode!
- This is safe if no mistakes are made (typos, missing a step, etc). However, if you do mess up, the risk is high that you lose download mode at best, or brick your phone at worst.
- If you deviate from this procedure, and think: "I can just skip a step, or I can do this on my own Linux install". Don't complain if you brick your phone.
- You MUST to be on 10d: link
- You must have H933 10h laf installed. You will need the KDZ: link
- We are going to flash this using the patched LG UP: link MOD EDIT: original link dead. Try THIS ONE instead
It MUST be installed in: Crogram Files (x86)LG ElectronicsLGUP
You can't just unzip it anywhere and run it, it will not find the model file.
- You need TWRP: link
- You need an SD card that is formatted for FAT16 with TWRP copied onto it EXACTLY as it is named when you download it.
- You need to grab FWUL (version 2.7 or later) and burn it to a USB stick: link
Even if you have Linux, and you think you can install the dependencies, don't. I know this works from FWUL.
- After installing TWRP, grab @weakNPCdotCom's latest TWRP flashable ROM threads: Oreo 20s or Pie 30d
- MOD EDIT: If your phone is (or has been) on Pie, you need to use a later LGUP version to roll back to Nougat 10d, then SWITCH to the original LGUP version linked below for the remaining steps. See this post for details.
PROCEDURE PART 1: Getting a working LAF onto your phone
By far this is the most dangerous part of this procedure.
- Make sure you are on or downgraded to 10d
- Boot to download mode
- In LG UP, choose partition DL.
- Pick the H933 10h KDZ
- Click start
- You will be given a list of partitions to flash, ONLY check laf
- Click start
- You will get a warning about additional modified partitions -- ignore it, and click OK.
- As a safety feature, LG UP will start flashing those modified partitions after laf completes flashing.
After the flash is initiated, pay close attention to the "step" and as soon as it changes from laf to another partition, PULL THE USB CABLE!
If you let it completely flash the H933 KDZ, your phone WILL reboot, and you WILL have a brick that can't be fixed.
You NEED to pay attention. The additional partitions that are flashed are very small. The second that step changes from laf to
the next partition, PULL THE USB CABLE!
- Click OK and it will start flashing.
- Once laf is flashed, and you have pulled the USB cable, you can click exit, and then re-open LG UP.
- Choose partition DL again, and this time pick the H932 10d KDZ.
- Select all partitions except laf. If you forget to uncheck laf, you will have to do this all over again.
- When it completes, it will reboot your phone.
- Go back into download mode. This time you will be running the H933 laf, and we can continue with PART 2
PROCEDURE PART 2: Installing TWRP
- Boot from your FWUL USB stick.
- Put your phone into download mode. With the phone powered off, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable. You do not need to
touch the power button -- the phone will power on and enter download mode.
- Once booted, login. The password is: linux
- Double click the LG folder that is on the desktop
- Double click on LG LAF (runningnak3d) icon and you will be at a terminal prompt.
The following are the commands that you enter into that terminal. You can copy / paste them if you like.
MOD EDIT: Refer to THIS POST to make sure that LGLAF is able to read the SD card
git pull git checkout h932-dd-write ./step1.sh
You must use the key combination (with phone off, hold vol down + power. When the LG logo appears, immediately release and then hold power until you get the the factory reset screen. Choose yes twice and you will be in TWRP) to IMMEDIATELY boot into recovery. If you don't, then recovery-from-boot.p will wipe out TWRP, and you will have to do THIS part again.
- Lekensteyn -- His base work on the G2 / G3 gave me a GREAT headstart!
- @steadfasterX - He added some real nice features, great guy to bounce ideas off, and just testing crazy ideas because he wasn't afraid to brick his phone Also, for FWUL
- tuxuser - Helping with my lacking in Python
- @smitel - His original reverse engineering of LG UP. Great inspiration!
[H932] lafsploit 1.5, Tool/Utility for the LG V30
Last Updated 2020-07-21