Votes: 18 9.5%
  • No and I have a brick

Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jonahnm

Aug 6, 2019
Good job!

Yes, use the other LGUP for the rest of the root procedure. But the newer one is recommended for anything to do with Pie.

Just follow the Part 1 steps in post #2.

Post #1 mentions unplugging the USB cable to interrupt flashing H933 after laf, which the OP later confirmed you don't need to do. I could have sworn he updated this in post #1 as well. I think an older version of that post may have been restored accidentally at some point.

Good luck (y)
I have succesfully gotten TWRP on the recovery partiton but i need to know if it is safe to update twrp from twrp on this device (becasue the pie stock flashable via Twrp lists a newer version)

Reactions: TheDannemand

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
I have succesfully gotten TWRP on the recovery partiton but i need to know if it is safe to update twrp from twrp on this device (becasue the pie stock flashable via Twrp lists a newer version)
Well done rooting your H932!

You should be OK to update to a later TWRP using TWRP. Certainly if it's a TWRP version listed in one of the stock H932 threads.

I no longer have my H932, and never went to Pie on it. Kept it on latest Oreo.

• Haha
Reactions: MikePysh

MikePysh

Oct 9, 2012
Kelowna
Hi there. I cannot for the life of me downgrade my lg from pie down to nougat like we're supposed in this tutorial. I get an error every time because I can't get the right DLL for LGUP. I'm really frustrated. I understand how to follow instructions but not for downgrading obviously. I've done it before on other phones so I don't see what the problem is? Would someone be able help me with this part before I throw my phone in the fire? I just wanna root this phone and I'm up to challenge, but I'm up against this brick wall right now. For something that seems so easy, it's just not working for me today.

Urk, i think i may have posted too soon because i think i figured it out by lgup dual mode and am currently booting nougat as i type this, yep, so easy a caveman can do it. Now onto the rest of this festivus!

Last edited:

MikePysh

Oct 9, 2012
Kelowna
Well, now im really stumped. I was sailing in part 2 and am in fwul. After first three lines of code i a whole bunch of lines that looks something is not working and I do not know what to do. I dont want do anything else until hopefully someone can help me with this. Here is shows up in terminal after the first three lines of code:

Checking out files: 100% (17/17), done.
Branch 'h932-dd-write' set up to track remote branch 'h932-dd-write' from 'origin'.
Switched to a new branch 'h932-dd-write'
[android@fwul lglafsploit]$ ./lglaf.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./lglaf.py", line 545, in <module>
main()
File "./lglaf.py", line 513, in main
try_hello(comm)
File "./lglaf.py", line 401, in try_hello
data = comm.read(0x20, timeout=HELLO_READ_TIMEOUT)
File "./lglaf.py", line 240, in read
buff = self._read(need, timeout=timeout)
File "./lglaf.py", line 359, in _read
array = self.usbdev.read(self.ep_in, 2**14, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 988, in read
self.__get_timeout(timeout))
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb1.py", line 833, in bulk_read
timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb1.py", line 936, in __read
_check(retval)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb1.py", line 595, in _check
raise USBError(_strerror(ret), ret, _libusb_errno[ret])
usb.core.USBError: [Errno 110] Operation timed out

I read in this thread that someone else had the same problem, but i dont understand how they were gonna fix it. Im lost and I'm scared that phone is gonna be f**t now. I hope not.
Please, if someone could enlighten me on this issue asap i will forever indebted to you. Please please help me!

So I unplugged the device from my laptop and the phone is working. I just flashed pie on it again so I could have working phone. The bootloader is still unlocked, but I have know idea what to do now. I'm reading up around the internet to see my options. If I had of known that this phone would be such a pain I arse to modify, I wouldnot have bought it. I don't know what Im gonna do with it now. I would still like to obtain root on it of if I can figure it out, but I am seriously contemplating buying another phone again. One that is not not such a pain to modify. This is second time I bought an LG that had to be so whacky to play with, the latter being the G4 from Verizon. I gotta stop doin this to myself lol...

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Urk, i think i may have posted too soon because i think i figured it out by lgup dual mode and am currently booting nougat as i type this, yep, so easy a caveman can do it. Now onto the rest of this festivus!

Glad you got this part figured out. It's really the easiest, compared to the rest necessary for the T-mobile H932.

Well, now im really stumped. I was sailing in part 2 and am in fwul. After first three lines of code i a whole bunch of lines that looks something is not working and I do not know what to do. I dont want do anything else until hopefully someone can help me with this.

If I had of known that this phone would be such a pain I arse to modify, I wouldnot have bought it. I don't know what Im gonna do with it now. I would still like to obtain root on it of if I can figure it out, but I am seriously contemplating buying another phone again. One that is not not such a pain to modify. This is second time I bought an LG that had to be so whacky to play with, the latter being the G4 from Verizon. I gotta stop doin this to myself lol...

Yeah, the T-mobile H932 is the hardest nut to crack of the V30 models. All the others can use the WTF method.

As you know the problem is T-mobile/LG put in totally different RSA encryption for this model ONLY -- of all the 2 dozen V30/V30+/V30S variants.

With what we know now, the only reason for someone to buy T-mobile H932 would be if they were a T-mobile customer and NEEDED LTE band 71. Even then, many T-mobile customers buy US998 or LS998 and convert to US998. (US998 firmware allows T-mobile VoLTE and Vo-WiFi.)

Even the Dev of this thread (who is a T-mobile customer) sold his T-mobile H932 to get the current OnePlus phone at the time -- quickly ditched it as crap, and came back to the V30. But the 2nd time, he bought a US998.

However, you CAN do it. This thread exists because it does work. Just takes patience!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDannemand

MikePysh

Oct 9, 2012
Kelowna
Glad you got this part figured out. It's really the easiest, compared to the rest necessary for the T-mobile H932.

Yeah, the T-mobile H932 is the hardest nut to crack of the V30 models. All the others can use the WTF method.

As you know the problem is T-mobile/LG put in totally different RSA encryption for this model ONLY -- of all the 2 dozen V30/V30+/V30S variants.

With what we know now, the only reason for someone to buy T-mobile H932 would be if they were a T-mobile customer and NEEDED LTE band 71. Even then, many T-mobile customers buy US998 or LS998 and convert to US998. (US998 firmware allows T-mobile VoLTE and Vo-WiFi.)

Even the Dev of this thread (who is a T-mobile customer) sold his T-mobile H932 to get the current OnePlus phone at the time -- quickly ditched it as crap, and came back to the V30. But the 2nd time, he bought a US998.

However, you CAN do it. This thread exists because it does work. Just takes patience!
Yeah didn't know that and obviously didn't do any homework. I'm from Canada and I bought this one used off of someone because I was walking around with a rotten Apple. I really have no idea what to do next but it's going to take a whole lot of learning it seems. I'm pretty sure I will just ditch this one and move on to something a lot more user friendly because this one hurts my brain. It's too bad because this really is a nice phone but can't be unleashed to its full potential so in a way it's broken to me. Thanks T-Mobile 🤬

MikePysh

Oct 9, 2012
Kelowna
Since I didn't actually achieve root yet, I do have a strange sort of problem. After my phone boots up and after the bootloader unlocked screen warning, it switches to a screen with a padlock with a spinning circle around it. And then the phone starts up and goes a verifying app rigmarole and then the phone seems normal after that. Does anyone know what that's about? It seems to be working fine so far but it has that little quirk at startup.

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
NOOO Don't ever take an OTA. You will need to flash an Oreo zip to get back. I am guessing there isn't one since there would be no need.

I don't have time to make one today unfortunately.

EDIT: and what?! you mean TMO finally has a locked bootloader on the G7 just like all other carriers? They didn't just strip fastboot flash, they removed oem unlock as well?

-- Brian

I got H932 with TWRP and Oreo installed, but this phone is locked to T-Mobile for me to unlock I have to put the phone in download mode, since there is TWRP installed how can I get back to download mode without messing things up? Because when I try to go into download mode it takes me back to TWRP.

You can unlock H932 using this method without any issues see this video

for that method to work I have to have download mode, since I followed your WTF V30 H932 guide I was able to root my phone, but I found that method later on that why I was asking to get the download mode back. Is there any way to get back the download mode without messing anything up? Since it's replaced with TWRP.

TheDannemand

Feb 12, 2008
I got H932 with TWRP and Oreo installed, but this phone is locked to T-Mobile for me to unlock I have to put the phone in download mode, since there is TWRP installed how can I get back to download mode without messing things up? Because when I try to go into download mode it takes me back to TWRP.

You can unlock H932 using this method without any issues see this video

for that method to work I have to have download mode, since I followed your WTF V30 H932 guide I was able to root my phone, but I found that method later on that why I was asking to get the download mode back. Is there any way to get back the download mode without messing anything up? Since it's replaced with TWRP.
Go to the H932 20s thread (linked below) and fetch the StockLAF.zip file. Flashing that in TWRP should restore your Download mode. Of course make sure you have TWRP on recovery too before overwriting the one on laf.

https://xdaforums.com/t/stock-h932-...-stock-collection-includes-debloated.3917560/

Remember to thank weakNPCdotCom for creating these ZIPs :)

TheNovaJunkie

Jan 23, 2021
I got stumped for a few hours trying to get laf on the FWUL OS read my sd card. I re-formated the sd card, partitioned it many times, renamed the TWRP file, and redid all the steps two times with no luck. I have a 32gb card that I partitioned down to 512mb and is on fat16. I read the instructions over and over again and read many of the posts before posting mine. I don't know what's missing. Update: I swapped sd cards to no avail, renamed the twrp file to twrp.img (that's the file extension) and reflashed the phone a third time to see the same thing on FWUL.
20210122_225027_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

TheNovaJunkie

Jan 23, 2021
I got stumped for a few hours trying to get laf on the FWUL OS read my sd card. I re-formated the sd card, partitioned it many times, renamed the TWRP file, and redid all the steps two times with no luck. I have a 32gb card that I partitioned down to 512mb and is on fat16. I read the instructions over and over again and read many of the posts before posting mine. I swapped sd cards to no avail, renamed the twrp file to twrp.img (that's the file extension) and reflashed the phone a third time to see the same thing on FWUL. I don't know what's missing. I have no idea if anyone saw the first post so I'm reposting.
20210122_225027_HDR.jpg

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
These:
* Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip
* AK3_RCTD_Remover_(2020).zip

are the updated versions for these:
* no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip
* lg-rctd-disabler-1.0.zip

I hope you used them. ;)
Hi I got LG v30 is not rooted and OEM locked it's still locked so what happens I downgrade from Android 9 to Android 8 and once I do that phone's boot up fine, but it's stuck with that T-Mobile logo it would not pass that when I go back I can go back to download mode or I can go back to fast boot mode and if I want to I can also reflash at h93210d and it will stuck into the T-Mobile logo for a minute and then it will say Android is starting do not turn off phone and then it will go back to 98% and then he will restart again so I don't know what's going on with it

I can hear the T-Mobile chime and I can see the T-Mobile logo with the white background and then it will go back again I did try do hard reset and that did not help I don't know if the motherboard is done for a day or something else can be done to fix this thank you

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
I got stumped for a few hours trying to get laf on the FWUL OS read my sd card. I re-formated the sd card, partitioned it many times, renamed the TWRP file, and redid all the steps two times with no luck. I have a 32gb card that I partitioned down to 512mb and is on fat16. I read the instructions over and over again and read many of the posts before posting mine. I swapped sd cards to no avail, renamed the twrp file to twrp.img (that's the file extension) and reflashed the phone a third time to see the same thing on FWUL. I don't know what's missing. I have no idea if anyone saw the first post so I'm reposting.
View attachment 5198079
boot the phone normally and see if your sd card can be seen inside the phone or not? I had an issue with V30 I bought and that v30 had broken sd card reader inside which failed to read the sd card no matter what I did

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
I've added link to WTF instructions pointing T-mobile H932 users to here. ALL other V30/30+/V30S can use that easier method, but T-mobile H932 HAS to use this method.
lately I having a very hard time to
  • Boot from your FWUL USB stick. I tried two different PCs and 3 different USB stick, but I can't boot into FWUL anymore, is there any way around to it? Can I use Ubuntu live CD instead?

AllanRSS

Sep 6, 2010
I followed the instructions to a T (as much as possible given inconsistences/out dated info) but I can't get any response from lglaf. I am able to enter the interactive shell, but all commands using !EXEC do not output or show any indication of working. The !CTRL command does behave as described. I get this behaviour from FWUL 2.7 and from my own Arch system. The latest version of FWUL did not have a function lglaf.

I will try reinstalling the h933 laf, but I am hesitent given the risks and that the first time everything went smoothly. I will say I did not flash the h933 lafbak and I did flash the h932 lafbak along with the rest of the partitions, since no mention was made of this in the guide. The laf flash took about 2 seconds, and everything booted up fine after finishing the h932 flash.

bobyang

Jun 2, 2011
Hi. I am in Part two of using FWUL.

Vmware gives me blue screen so I need to use Virtualbox. I have my phone in download mode. Mine LGUP can see it in COM2, but not my virtual machine when I run the command. Anything else I need to do? thanks

1625641691492.png

bobyang

Jun 2, 2011
Hi. I am in Part two of using FWUL.

Vmware gives me blue screen so I need to use Virtualbox. I have my phone in download mode. Mine LGUP can see it in COM2, but not my virtual machine when I run the command. Anything else I need to do? thanks

Fixed: need to install the virtual box extension and use USB 3 because of my laptop only have USB3...

bobyang

Jun 2, 2011
By the way, I found someone who records the steps as a video. This is easy to follow.

Laomediex87

Jul 9, 2021
hey guys,i have a T-MOBILE Sim-Locked LGV30 thinQ H932 with the latest version (android 9 Non-ROOTED),Any new step by step method To Unlock it for free :( i want to sell it or throw a custom rom on it..it's such a good phone and i don't want to throw it just like that. Thank you !

bobyang

Jun 2, 2011
hey guys,i have a T-MOBILE Sim-Locked LGV30 thinQ H932 with the latest version (android 9 Non-ROOTED),Any new step by step method To Unlock it for free :( i want to sell it or throw a custom rom on it..it's such a good phone and i don't want to throw it just like that. Thank you !
is it a stock ROM? if so, you should see unlock app. I think you should pay off already as well. just click on that app to unlock it for free.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    • DO NOT LET YOUR PHONE REBOOT, OR POWER OFF UNTIL I TELL YOU THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.
      If you do, I am not sure what shape your phone will be in.
    • This should go without saying, but you MUST have your bootloader unlocked (check OEM UNLOCK in developer options AND fastboot oem unlock). If you don't, you will probably brick your phone.
    • If you use this on any model V30 besides the H932, you will be stuck in a bootloop, and you will not be able to fix it since you will have wiped out download mode!
    • This is safe if no mistakes are made (typos, missing a step, etc). However, if you do mess up, the risk is high that you lose download mode at best, or brick your phone at worst.
    • If you deviate from this procedure, and think: "I can just skip a step, or I can do this on my own Linux install". Don't complain if you brick your phone.

PREREQUISITES:
    • You MUST to be on 10d: link
    • You must have H933 10h laf installed. You will need the KDZ: link
    • We are going to flash this using the patched LG UP: link MOD EDIT: original link dead. Try THIS ONE instead
      It MUST be installed in: C:program Files (x86)LG ElectronicsLGUP
      You can't just unzip it anywhere and run it, it will not find the model file.
    • You need TWRP: link
    • You need an SD card that is formatted for FAT16 with TWRP copied onto it EXACTLY as it is named when you download it.
    • You need to grab FWUL (version 2.7 or later) and burn it to a USB stick: link
      Even if you have Linux, and you think you can install the dependencies, don't. I know this works from FWUL.
    • After installing TWRP, grab @weakNPCdotCom's latest TWRP flashable ROM threads: Oreo 20s or Pie 30d
    • MOD EDIT: If your phone is (or has been) on Pie, you need to use a later LGUP version to roll back to Nougat 10d, then SWITCH to the original LGUP version linked below for the remaining steps. See this post for details.

PROCEDURE PART 1: Getting a working LAF onto your phone
    By far this is the most dangerous part of this procedure.
    • Make sure you are on or downgraded to 10d
    • Boot to download mode
    • In LG UP, choose partition DL.
    • Pick the H933 10h KDZ
    • Click start
    • You will be given a list of partitions to flash, ONLY check laf
    • Click start
    • You will get a warning about additional modified partitions -- ignore it, and click OK.
    • As a safety feature, LG UP will start flashing those modified partitions after laf completes flashing.
      After the flash is initiated, pay close attention to the "step" and as soon as it changes from laf to another partition, PULL THE USB CABLE!
      If you let it completely flash the H933 KDZ, your phone WILL reboot, and you WILL have a brick that can't be fixed.
      You NEED to pay attention. The additional partitions that are flashed are very small. The second that step changes from laf to
      the next partition, PULL THE USB CABLE!
    • Click OK and it will start flashing.
    • Once laf is flashed, and you have pulled the USB cable, you can click exit, and then re-open LG UP.
    • Choose partition DL again, and this time pick the H932 10d KDZ.
    • Select all partitions except laf. If you forget to uncheck laf, you will have to do this all over again.
    • When it completes, it will reboot your phone.
    • Go back into download mode. This time you will be running the H933 laf, and we can continue with PART 2

PROCEDURE PART 2: Installing TWRP
    • Boot from your FWUL USB stick.
    • Put your phone into download mode. With the phone powered off, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable. You do not need to
      touch the power button -- the phone will power on and enter download mode.
    • Once booted, login. The password is: linux
    • Double click the LG folder that is on the desktop
    • Double click on LG LAF (runningnak3d) icon and you will be at a terminal prompt.
      The following are the commands that you enter into that terminal. You can copy / paste them if you like.

MOD EDIT: Refer to THIS POST to make sure that LGLAF is able to read the SD card

Code:
    git pull
    git checkout h932-dd-write
    ./step1.sh
    When you are told to, pull the USB cable, and the phone will power off. You now have TWRP installed. At this point you can flash a ROM, or Magisk or whatever you like.

You must use the key combination (with phone off, hold vol down + power. When the LG logo appears, immediately release and then hold power until you get the the factory reset screen. Choose yes twice and you will be in TWRP) to IMMEDIATELY boot into recovery. If you don't, then recovery-from-boot.p will wipe out TWRP, and you will have to do THIS part again.

CREDITS:
    • Lekensteyn -- His base work on the G2 / G3 gave me a GREAT headstart!
    • @steadfasterX - He added some real nice features, great guy to bounce ideas off, and just testing crazy ideas because he wasn't afraid to brick his phone :) Also, for FWUL
    • tuxuser - Helping with my lacking in Python
    • @smitel - His original reverse engineering of LG UP. Great inspiration!

-- Brian

XDA:DevDB Information
    [H932] lafsploit 1.5, Tool/Utility for the LG V30

Contributors
    runningnak3d

Version Information

Created 2018-09-14
    Last Updated 2020-07-21
    PROCEDURE PART 2: Installing TWRP and rooting

• Make sure the SD card is in your phone.
    • Boot from your FWUL USB stick.
    • Put your phone into download mode. With the phone powered off, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable. You do not need to
      touch the power button -- the phone will power on and enter download mode.
    • Once booted, login. The password is: linux
    • Double click the LG folder that is on the desktop
    • Double click on LG LAF (runningnak3d) icon and you will be at a terminal prompt.
      The following are the commands that you enter into that terminal. You can copy / paste them if you like.
    Code:
    git pull
    git checkout h932-dd-write
    ./lglaf.py

These next commands you will type into the LGLAF shell. It will look like this:

Code:
    LGLAF.py by Peter Wu (https://lekensteyn.nl/lglaf)
    Type a shell command to execute or "exit" to leave.
    #

You will type these commands at the # prompt that you see above. When you enter the commands, you will NOT get any indication that the command completed. However, if you get this:

Code:
    Hello, I am LAF. Nice to meet you.
    then you typed the command incorrectly, and you need to try again. There are TWO spaces between !EXEC and toybox.
    Also, the phone will NOT indicate that flashing is taking place since we are using dd and NOT the normal WRTE opcode. When you enter !CTRL POFF, the phone will go to 100%.

Lastly CAPS matter. These lines need to be typed exactly (better to use copy / paste). If you mess up, it is no big deal, just try again.
    Code:
    !EXEC  toybox dd if=/storage/external_SD/twrp.img of=/dev/block/sde bs=4096 seek=10246\0
    !CTRL POFF

You can now pull the USB cable, and your phone will power off. You now have TWRP installed. At this point you can flash a ROM, or Magisk or whatever you like.

You must use the key combination to immediately boot to TWRP:
    • Power off your phone
    • Hold vol down + power.
    • When the LG logo appears, immediately release power (and ONLY power) and then immediately hold power again until you get the the factory reset screen.
      You never let go of vol down until the factory reset screen appears. Once it appears, you can release both buttons.
    • Choose yes twice by using the vol down key and power to select, and you will be in TWRP.
    You should only tap the power key to select yes. Don't press and hold, and don't spam the power key.
    It takes TWRP a little bit to boot -- be patient.
    If you don't do this, and you let the phone boot into the OS, then recovery-from-boot.p will wipe out TWRP, and you will have to do THIS part again.
    By THIS part, I mean if you mess up the key combo, and the phone boots to the OS, you only have to do PART 2 -- not this entire process.

ROOTING:
    OK, so now you are in TWRP, we need to flash a few things or TWRP will be wiped out, and your phone will be encrypted again.

• First swipe to allow modifications
    • Choose wipe / format data / type yes
    • Choose reboot / recovery -- this will reload TWRP. Do not choose reboot / system. Make sure that when it reboots you are able to mount data without it prompting for a pin / passcode.
      If it does, then you need to format data again and reboot to recovery because you chose WIPE and not FORMAT.
    • Pick install, and browse to your SD card where you have Magisk, dm-noverity-opt-encrypt, and rctd remover
    • You can install each one individually, or you can add them all together in the queue -- it is your choice. Also, Magisk needs to be flashed first -- the order of the other two zips doesn't matter.
    • Now that they are flashed, reboot to recovery yet again just for good measure. If everything looks good, reboot to system and you should have a rooted phone.

OPTIONAL:
    If you would like a second copy of TWRP on your laf partition (I *highly* recommend this), follow these instructions:

• Download the version of TWRP that you want to install onto laf.
    • Rename it to twrp.img
    • Boot your phone to TWRP, and connect it to your PC
    • Open a command prompt where you downloaded TWRP and type:
      • adb push twrp.img /sdcard/
      • adb shell dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/laf
    With the phone off, hold vol up and plug in the USB cable and you should be greeted by your second copy of TWRP.

CLEANING UP:
    If you do NOT want TWRP on laf, then we at least need to get the H932 laf back onto your phone.

• Download this zip onto your phone: h932_laf.zip
    • Boot to TWRP
    • Choose install, and browse to where you downloaded the zip
    • When it finishes flashing, you will have the H932 laf back.
    I can't say this enough, you should really consider keeping two copies of TWRP around. You will never be in a situation where you go: "Man, I wish I had download mode, but all I have is TWRP".
    However, there are plenty of times that you may wish that you had a second copy of TWRP. Imagine flashing a ROM that wipes out recovery. Oppps. Imagine flashing a new version of TWRP and
    it doesn't boot -- again -- opps.

-- Brian
    PROCEDURE PART 1: Getting a working LAF onto your phone

• Make sure you are on version 10d. Again, check in Software Info / Software Version if you are unsure.
    • Boot to download mode
    • In LG UP, choose partition DL.
    • Pick the H933 10h KDZ
    • Click start
    • You will be given a list of partitions to flash, ONLY check laf
    • Click start
    • You will get a warning about additional modified partitions (cache, OP, userdata) -- ignore it, and click OK.
    • Click OK and it will start flashing.
    • Once the flash completes, your phone will reboot into the OS. Just power off, and go back into download mode.
    • Choose partition DL again, and this time pick the H932 10d KDZ.
    • Select all partitions except laf. If you forget to uncheck laf, you will have to do this all over again.
    • When it completes, it will reboot your phone.
    • Go back into download mode. This time you will be running the H933 laf, and we can continue with PART 2
    I've added link to WTF instructions pointing T-mobile H932 users to here. ALL other V30/30+/V30S can use that easier method, but T-mobile H932 HAS to use this method.
    OK -- those are the final instructions for now. Root away!

I have upgraded to Oreo, and then downgraded to 10d and tested this 4 times so I know it works fine. However, getting H933 laf onto your phone is dangerous. PLEASE pay attention and pull the USB cable. You can be too quick -- pulling it while it is still flashing laf. If you do, then you just need to flash 10d and start again. However, if you wait and your phone reboots, the H933 has a different RSA key and your phone is toast.

I don't have a TMO G7 to test with, but this should work for them as well. Just need to find the correct laf to flash for them.

-- Brian