[ROOT][HOW-TO] Fix Themes app on EMUI 5 / Nougat

Search This thread

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
My phone misissed cust

So can you tell me how to extract it from stock and flash it ( maybe this is the solution )

Note : when i open the themes app there is no login (huawei id) >> " number one in the instructions "

You should be able to fastboot it after you extract it from update.app with Huawei Update Extractor, maybe something like: fastboot flash cust cust.img.
You can also restore this TWRP backup of cust partition (from my CAN-L11) and restore it. @Vinnom has used it on his chinese Nova model and it worked fine.

Last edited:

Vinnom

Jun 21, 2012
Campinas
Xiaomi Poco F1
You should be able to fastboot it after you extract it from update.app with Huawei Update Extractor, maybe something like: fastboot flash cust cust.img.
You can also restore this TWRP backup of cust partition (from my CAN-L11) and restore it. @Vinnom has used it on his chinese Nova model and it worked fine.
Cust.img from update.app won't get flashed if he is on emui 5, as Emui 5 doesn't have it and cust.img from emui 4 size doesn't match cust partition size. The only option to fix it is the cust backup from twrp :)

HUAWEI NOVA user since 12/2016 =)
---Current ROM: AospExtended
---Kernel:stock
MOTO X user since 03/2015 =)
---Current ROM: Tesla N
---Kernel: Tesla N stock
NEXUS 4 user 2013-2015 =/

Kernel Adiutor Interactive profile: INTERACTIVE
Kernel Adiutor Intelliactive profile: INTELLIACTIVE
Kernel Adiutor Intellimm profile: INTELLIMM
Kernel Adiutor Smartmax profile: SMARTMAX

Reactions: #Henkate

Vinnom

Jun 21, 2012
Campinas
Xiaomi Poco F1
i dont think so, i cant give you cust.img file for emui5, but for MLA-L11
Hmmm I was talking based on all the update.app packages I downloaded of emui 5 for my device, which is caz-tl10 (sometimes I tried can-l11 packages too) [emoji14]
Neither had cust.img. Never tried MLA packages though

zaabolla

Aug 22, 2013
Tunis
Hmmm I was talking based on all the update.app packages I downloaded of emui 5 for my device, which is caz-tl10 (sometimes I tried can-l11 packages too) [emoji14]
Neither had cust.img. Never tried MLA packages though

Cust file is in Data update pakage, in Full OTA firmware you have 2 files, one for firmware and the second is for data
and it make sens, why updates are by region ?, the difference is data pakage ( cust region )

virusdunil

Feb 9, 2011
Lac St Jean Quebec
i have a question....

when i flash update.app (emui 5 mla-l03 Rogers c654b340),all goes fine.... but some apps are missing like hwouc,hidisk....

i also have the update_data_full_MLA-L03_rogers_ca that goes with the previous update.app .

hwouc and hidisk ARE in that package but just wont install... like,if the install skip (on purpose) those apps that are in the unzipped ...HUAWEI\MLA-L03\update_data_full_MLA-L03_rogers_ca\data\hw_init\cust\rogers\ca\app

there is a B340 update for me BUT...no hwouc = no updates...

;)

virusdunil

Feb 9, 2011
Lac St Jean Quebec
Already tried that... all apps extracted are ending in corrupted app....

i managed to install once with root....i do get official ota updates.....it does dload it but always fail at installing it;)

alnaloty

Apr 13, 2013
Nalut
this is my solution ( made by me ) after trying many solutions over this forum @ other forums

just

1- delete any folder for themes u made (as hw_init or themes in root folder or at any site )
2- make folder & name it ( HWTHemes ) in internal memory
3- download this folder & put it inside (HWTHemes )
4- go to themes app and chose ** Aqua theme ** & apply it
5- no need to change any permissions

this was try on huawei y 7 2017

Last edited:

darksam96

Feb 16, 2014
Tinsukia
Honor 9 lite themes

Last night have flashed the stock rom & since then unable to apply any themes regardless of downloaded from the themes app or any 3rd party app.

Have gone through the solution mentioned here but the Huawei Mobile Service app is neither visible in home screen nor can it be opened from playstore even after fresh download. So basically can't proceed further without clearing this step.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180316-082613.jpg
    Screenshot_20180316-082613.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20180316_082953.jpg
    IMG_20180316_082953.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 230

Echtar

Mar 8, 2014
Last night have flashed the stock rom & since then unable to apply any themes regardless of downloaded from the themes app or any 3rd party app.

Have gone through the solution mentioned here but the Huawei Mobile Service app is neither visible in home screen nor can it be opened from playstore even after fresh download. So basically can't proceed further without clearing this step.

Try this solution
https://mega.nz/#!PN01iAAR!SicIiI9FRV5qqHRczic4P-8OaTnrPeSqIqWYhKyB2e0

Reactions: Xngel

Th-pechi

Jun 17, 2018
Gracias

Me la pasé buscando por todos lados y no encontré nd asta que encontré este foro muchísimas gracias me solucionaste mi problema

“GRACIAS”

Reactions: Vinnom

blueangel666

Jul 21, 2018
I have deleted the first link of my video ( made by me, not echtar).
And here the second link:
Thanks, mate, but it doesn't work for me.
My problem iS different. I've lost Hwtheme Manager folder, inside /system/app directory.
Titanium Backup made me an apk file of theme app that it seems damage and I can't install (version 7.5.8)
Maybe I need a backup of the whole folder inside system/app directory (with apk and .obex file inside)
Help me, please! It's easy.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    The problem is that themes are not applying when you install a EMUI 5 firmware from e.g. Firmware Finder.

Yesterday I've installed B340 firmware from a website and then I've updated to B350 through Settings > System Update.

Themes still wasn't working. I could open the app though, but themes weren't applying. Then I've searched for a solution and it turned out that other people had same/similar problem with other huawei phones.

REQUIREMENTS:

- EMUI 5
    - Unlocked bootloader
    - Rooted phone
    - a file manager with root support ( im using the good old version of ES File Explorer; I suggest you Amaze too)

HOW TO FIX:

1) Clear cache for Themes app from Settings > Apps > Themes > Storage.
    2) Install Huawei Mobile Services from Play Store.
    3) Open Themes app and login with your Huawei ID.
    4) Now close Themes.
    5) Download those huawei themes and extract the zip somewhere(they're taken from B340 update_data_full_CAN-L11_hw_eu.zip, but the model or firmware version doesn't / shouldn't matter).
    6) Open a file explorer with root support.
    7) Create this folder: /data/hw_init/system/themes.
    8) Put all huawei themes (.hwt format) which you've downloaded and extracted at step 5) to /data/hw_init/system/themes.
    9) Set permission 0755 for folders and 0644 for files. Check the screenshots attached to the end of this post. You apply the permissions for system and themes folder as in first screenshot and for .hwt files as in second screenshot.
    10) Reboot.
    11) Open Themes app and apply a stock theme. Then you should be able to apply any downloaded theme.

CREDITS:

@tnhh for his post
    @somboons
    so if i follow these steps ,phh, ill be able to root my nova plus MLA-L03c654b134 ?

thanks

EDIT... theres no info on how to proceed ...

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Im a bit lost with that PHH thing...ill need more infos from start to finish to root the device:silly::D

Ive simply flashed phh SuperUser and then installed Superuser app app which is mentioned in the thread of phh superuser.

You need to unlock bootloader, flash TWRP and then flash phh SuperUser's zip in TWRP and then install it's app from play store.
    It's little bit off topic, but i have a question, how you root under nougat ? I have tried some method but all don't work.
    Do you uncrypt successfully /data ?

Thanks in advance :)

Ive simply flashed phh SuperUser and then installed Superuser app app which is mentioned in the thread of phh superuser.
    Hi #Henkate,
    in first place, thank you for your hard work to bring us custom recovery, root and roms for Nova. :good:
    Please, I need advice, after I unlocked the bootloader on can-l11c432b382.
    Which version of TWRP are you suggesting for flashing, right now? I'm little bit confused, because there is lots of versions.
    Also, what root method is best for rooting can-l11c432b382 (phh or with Magisk)?
    I'm currently interested in fixing Themes app on EMUI 5, and enjoying using root. :)

I'm sorry for the late reply... I don't know how I've missed your post, but there's a chance that I've seen it and forgot to reply lol. Either way, if you mention my name or quote me, I'll get a notification so that assures that I'll see your post.

TWRP - I'd suggest Grarak's one or the one I've built and shared some time ago (it's newer). There's also one posted by @Temanyan in the first TWRP thread (if I'm not mistaken) and that one doesn't have the same problem with mounting /data (which can be solved by formatting /data on the other TWRPs).

ROOT - I'd suggest phh superuser because when I've tried Magisk I've lost root couple of times and I needed to reboot or reflash magisk zip... You know, that's annoying af. I'm never going back to Magisk unless the issue gets fixed.

NOT WORKING

i tried alot of times and its not workin

Note :
    i cant log in into huawei id without using vpn

It worked for me and other people.
    I don't know about your problem. Perhaps you've missed something from the guide?
    Cust.img from update.app won't get flashed if he is on emui 5, as Emui 5 doesn't have it and cust.img from emui 4 size doesn't match cust partition size. The only option to fix it is the cust backup from twrp :)