[ROOT] [How To] Install Google Play Store On Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Search This thread

N3OMOD

Dec 10, 2013
Rome
KFHD 7" - 2012 Edition - OS 7.5.1 - Google Play Store "Unusable"

As of today, on a Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012 Edition) with OS 7.5.1 this method does not lead to a functional Play Store

Once all the operations are concluded the Play Store is able to launch and synchronize: but after 5 minutes some sort of "update" comes trough and the error "Google Play Services has stopped" starts. There is no way to get rid of this error, in my case, neither with KFFirstAide nor with the "manual" procedure.
After trying six different approaches and strategies with also different versions of PlayStore I have decided to move up, downgrade OS, and I have installed CyanogenMod 11.

Reactions: amos37

bvisonl

Jul 30, 2012
I get "Check your connection and try again"

I get the above error while opening google play store, I've updated it and still does that. The only step that didn't worked for me was the installation of the vending app, it said that it couldn't install the application and therefore it stayed with the other one (which was v4.xxx). Any idea?

matthewak

Nov 4, 2012
This method also didn't yield me a working play store on 2014 fire HD 7. Would love to install cyanogen or get this working if someone can advise. Thanks,

Any one having issues with Google playstore connection problems or errors should try the following method go to es file explorer,go down to root explorer ,tap on root explorer to turn on root explorer,grant root access,tap on root explorer to open up menu,scroll down to mount system tap on it,move the blue dots from read only to read write press OK when done,then tap on system,find etc folder,tap on hosts,when this file open you will see the following line 127.0.0.1 localhost,you need to change it to #127.0.0.1 localhost press return after the word 'localhost',then hit the back button,this will open up a prompt asking whether to save changes,click on OK to save changes and exit es file explorer,this fixes most Google playstore problems.

Reactions: reg3144

Rhyn

Aug 25, 2012
Budapest
Any one having issues with Google playstore connection problems or errors should try the following method go to es file explorer,go down to root explorer ,tap on root explorer to turn on root explorer,grant root access,tap on root explorer to open up menu,scroll down to mount system tap on it,move the blue dots from read only to read write press OK when done,then tap on system,find etc folder,tap on hosts,when this file open you will see the following line 127.0.0.1 localhost,you need to change it to #127.0.0.1 localhost press return after the word 'localhost',then hit the back button,this will open up a prompt asking whether to save changes,click on OK to save changes and exit es file explorer,this fixes most Google playstore problems.
This won't fix anything, localhost has nothing to do with play store. This just make your system buggy. System services expect that you have a localhost address, if you disable it, you just make yourself problems.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Just install Google services framework I.to system. Give it the same permissions as everything else has in system/app. Then DL Google play store and you are all set.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Google services framework .apk
Or maybe even .jar its been a while but I have it on mine.

This won't fix anything, localhost has nothing to do with play store. This just make your system buggy. System services expect that you have a localhost address, if you disable it, you just make yourself problems.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

This method does not disable anything,it is supposed to fix Google play store/play services connection probelms

Rhyn

Aug 25, 2012
Budapest
This method does not disable anything,it is supposed to fix Google play store/play services connection probelms

What you described is to modify (/system)/etc/hosts and comment out the binding of your local interface address and his name. After this if you write ping localhost in a terminal, you will get an unknown host localhost error. This definetly won't fix your playstore problem, but break your system in many ways.

For further reading: http://linux.die.net/man/5/hosts

Please explain it to me, how does your fix supposed to work, because i'm quite certain about that you don't really understand what you suggest.

hou2

Jul 11, 2015
Just install Google services framework I.to system. Give it the same permissions as everything else has in system/app. Then DL Google play store and you are all set.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Google services framework .apk
Or maybe even .jar its been a while but I have it on mine.

I have the same Play Service problem. Has this solution been confirmed? How exactly do you "give permission"? Thanks!

sunilzs

May 10, 2012
Hi

I just bought an Amazon Fire HD 7, 7" HD table which is a 4th generation tablet (link here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKPZ5V6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00).

The device got updated to FireOS 4.5.5. Could any one help me to install Google Playstore and services without root on this tablet?
Also is there a way to get rid of the annoying FireOS launches and all those adds on lockscreen without root?

If root is the only method then could someone tell me which method to use for FireOS 4.5.5 to get google playstore and services working..

please help

Ulster1690

Nov 12, 2012
Carrickfergus
Hi

I just bought an Amazon Fire HD 7, 7" HD table which is a 4th generation tablet (link here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKPZ5V6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00).

The device got updated to FireOS 4.5.5. Could any one help me to install Google Playstore and services without root on this tablet?
Also is there a way to get rid of the annoying FireOS launches and all those adds on lockscreen without root?

If root is the only method then could someone tell me which method to use for FireOS 4.5.5 to get google playstore and services working..

please help

Think root is the only option
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3281804

Reactions: sunilzs

Jacob G

Jan 9, 2016
Hello, I am a noon in terms of rooting and all that, I've dealt with sideloading from 1mobile, but need help. There is an app that I want to get that supposedly requires "Google cloud messaging." My first question:
1. Do I need to root/install any Google services to get this to work?
2. Is there a root/ Google play services installation method that still works for the 2013 3rd Gen Kindle Fire HD 7" Running Fire OS 4.5.1.1?

Jan 26, 2016
Hi

please help

hey i can help you out add me on skyp @Dammufailed ~ and i will help <3

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

hey guys if you need help or want to know how to do this without root add me on skyp @Dammufailed ~

Last edited:

VanillaSkies

Dec 29, 2015
I keep getting the following error when trying to install the Google Play Services APK, it keeps kicking back an install error.

Can anyone help me get past this part?

Update - So I was able to install the Play Store, but now whenever I try to install an app, it automatically kicks back an error saying it can't retrieve information from server...

Error 963? This seems to be common on this device when flashing/installing play store (singular) or any gapps. (slim/nano/micro).

The solution I have found is simple, and it works. First , unmount SD Card. Then open settings>apps>play store and clear cache. Then reopen Play Store, download app, should work like a charm. After which, remount SD card. I know, frustrating. It works however. I'm looking for a script or fix to this currently, and once I've found something I'll gladly post results, or if anyone else has encountered or fixed this issue, please reply accordingly :D:good:

chaseH

Mar 19, 2016
Does not work.

(Root Users Only)

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment 2118923 To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.
View attachment 2118932 View attachment 2118933

When I try to copy the Vending.apk into the system/app folder, it says "Something something Access is denied."

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

That's because you cant just put the Vending.apk in /system/app and expect everything to work properly when updating. The Vending.apk has to be installed just like everything else:

Code:
adb shell su -c "pm install -r /system/app/Vending.apk"

adb shell su -c "pm install -r /system/app/Vending.apk"? How do I do that?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

=RCamacho50;43629320]
(Root Users Only)
We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:

- If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):

Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions

I cannot access the google play store or google play services. It says "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01] Rooted with kingroot.

Last edited:

chaseH

Mar 19, 2016
What do you mean by this?

"- Step 6: Now Copy The Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It."

Can you tell me in detail what you mean by this?

Luxen

Apr 6, 2013
This is working for Kindle Fire hdx Thor (3rd gen) 4.5.5.1 w/ Superuser but instead of System/App. I had to Install them to System/Priv-app (Goople Play services separate as instructed) and instead of replacing vending.apk, I had to remove it, move the original back in and install it from system/priv-app. Reboot, sign into Google. Update it with the downloaded apk and reboot. All is working perfectly.

I then installed the latest Google Play Store (newest) and I can confirm it is still working perfectly.
Update: I had to reboot once the first time and update superuser.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Root Users Only)
    We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
    Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
    We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    View attachment 2118913
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment Vending.apk
    View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-44.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-55.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-35-09.jpg

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
    Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.
    Maybe I missed it... but what about the "Account And Sync Settings-2.3.4.apk" file? You never say when to install it.

-T
    tried that
    like I said
    the market works just fine, it's only when I update to the play store that it breaks
    thanks for the suggestion
    With all due respect to the OP, there is already a working tutorial for getting the Play Store installed. It is very specific and has to be done a certain way in order to guarantee your success.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069329

The manual method from that thread is what the RootPlus script to install the Play Store is based on and works ~99% of the time for all 2nd generation devices.
    D
    Deleted member 4707892
    Worked for me.

Instructions worked perfectly for me. Good job.

Does adding the Google Play store using this method require the Kindle Fire to be rooted?

It says [ROOT] right in the title of the post. (Typed exactly the same as the post title.)

Sent From My Kindle Fire HD Running CyanogenMod 10.1