[ROOT] [How To] Install Google Play Store On Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Search This thread

hishmee

Apr 3, 2016
Many many many thankssssss...worked on Chinese Samsung N7108... i bought a used Note II and was not aware of the difference between N7108 & N7100... It already had play store and other google stuff installed. 5 days back i upgraded the firmware using KIES & messed up with the china toy. Rooted the device using KingoRoot &have been searching for the solution and found this thread just now and you saved my hard earned money...Many thanks for this post.

Last edited:

ZimriXDA

Apr 3, 2016
Google Playstore works and lets me download apps but playstore constantly crashed so I had to remove it.

- Google playstore still works without the play services
- How do I get the right version of google play services?

Last edited:

graham04

May 25, 2016
Someone please help me... I am rooted with kingroot. I followed all steps to install google play store. When I got to the market I went ahead to login... Once I put login info in, it went to a white screen like it was trying to load and stayed that way for 30 minutes. I went back to the post and it said you could skip step and go straight to install play store. I followed the next steps and came back in. When I try to open the play store it says "error retrieving information from server rh-01

What do I need to do

MisterSteve

Apr 28, 2016
Just an FYI, my girls have 2 Fire HD7 4th gens. They are running Fire OS 5.1.2. I was able to successfully install the playstore, framework etc. without root using RootJunky's Supertool for the 5th gen Fire 7. Before you login to the playstore, sign into your Google account via a web browser and enable 2 step verification. You can disable it after you once you get signed in.

nedeadhead

Aug 8, 2016
Error retrieving information...

I have a 3rd generation Kindle Fire HD 7. I completed all of the steps listed, but when I try opening Google Play Store I get a message saying "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]".

I think this thread is kinda old, but I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!!

Ivone

Account currently disabled
Jul 17, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Wrong instructions

(Root Users Only)
We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
View attachment 2118880
View attachment 2118885
View attachment 2118892
View attachment 2118913
View attachment 2118914
View attachment 2118923
View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
View attachment 2118929 View attachment 2118930 View attachment 2118931

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
View attachment 2118880
View attachment 2118914
View attachment 2118885
View attachment 2118892
Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).
View attachment 2118932 View attachment 2118933

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment 2118923 To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.
View attachment 2118932 View attachment 2118933

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.

Downloaded all apk as instructed and move them to Fire.
The problem started with ES Explorer>Tools> Root Explorer: I get notification"Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your devise.

I have Fire HDX 8,9 (3rd generation) 16GB, 4g (completely original).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

YamiRioru

Aug 27, 2016
login service gave me an error while installing: "App not installed" I need help please... whenever I try to install the google account manager it gives me this error!!!!

kdsmith10000

Jun 11, 2012
I have a 3rd generation Kindle Fire HD 7. I completed all of the steps listed, but when I try opening Google Play Store I get a message saying "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]".

I think this thread is kinda old, but I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!!

Did you ever find a fix to this issue? I am having the same problem.

pmcdunnough

Mar 26, 2014
I have the same tablet, same OS. Can you briefly describe what you did. I am unclear about the vending.apk. After using the original method, which fails, did you manually remove that vending.apk from system/apps, copy the downloaded one to system/priv-app and install it from there? Wasn't sure what you meant by the original vending.apk in system/app as that isn't in FireOS.

JeffSmyth

Nov 15, 2016
My problem started in ES file explorer.
When I ran root explorer to change attributes i got:
"Sorry rest failed this can not be run on your device"
Anything?

jarus.ed

Feb 16, 2017
i am not able to turn on the ROOT EXPLORER in my ES file explorer.
please help.

Last edited:

j4g3r

Mar 28, 2017
2017 kindle fire 5.3.2.1

easier method, still works perfectly well with the 2017 (2016 dec. ) edition , download the tool update it from the menu to the latest version, root does not work properly but nicely pushes the google play

1. search for the amazon-fire-5th-gen-supertool

Last edited:

Rasmubur000

May 15, 2017
I did all of the above steps, and the play services won't update because the vending apk won't connect to the server

dgrippin3

Aug 28, 2017
so what do you do when it says its having trouble parsing the packets? I have all the apk files but it wont install

Last edited:

KimoPA

Oct 20, 2017
Unable to get ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' . Get Sorry, test failed. This device is unable to do it.

Jiminfl45

Oct 29, 2017
Followed the instructions -- now the message "Google Play Services has stopped working" pops up several times a minute. The only way I can stop it is to uninstall the Google Play Services. Anybody have any suggestions???

Reactions: legendarydave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (Root Users Only)
    We All Know The Amazon Appstore Has A Huge Selection When It Comes To Music, Movies, And Books, The Same Cannot Be Said For Apps.
    Despite The Fact That The Kindle Fire HD Is An Android Based Tablet It Doesn’t Officially Have Access To The Google Play Store.
    We Also Know We Can Sideload Apps But It’s Much Nicer To Have The Google Play Store App On Your Kindle Fire HD.

I'll Show You How To Install And Setup The Latest Version Of The Google Play Store.

Just Follow This Easy Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: First Download All Of The Following Files:
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    View attachment 2118913
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment Vending.apk
    View attachment 2118924 - If You Don't Have Any File Explorer You Can Download One From The Amazon Appstore (I Reccommend Using ES File Explorer, It's The Better One).

- Step 2: Then Transfer All Of Them To The Kindle Fire HD.

- Step 3: Go To ES File Explorer, Go Into 'Tools' >'Root Explorer' >'Mount R/W' And Set Both To 'RW'.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-44.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-34-55.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-14-35-09.jpg

- Step 4: Now You Can Just Install (In That Order):
    View attachment 2118880
    View attachment 2118914
    View attachment 2118885
    View attachment 2118892
    Or You Can Copy Those Files To system/app Folder (Without The Google Play Services App, Intall That One).
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 5: Reboot Your Device.

- Step 6: Now Copy The View attachment Vending.apk To system/app Folder (Copy It). Then Tap The Vending.apk And Replace It.
    Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-29.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-53-33.jpg

- Step 7: Reboot Your Device Once Again.

- Step 8: At This Point You Can See The 'Android Market' App In The 'Apps Drawer'. Now You Can Just Open The App And Set Your Account, Or Update To Google Play Store.

- Step 9: Updating To Google Play Store. Search For View attachment 2118913 You Downloaded, Tap To Install And Replace It.

- Step 10: Reboot Your Device.

You're Done!

Now You Can Enjoy Those Apps, Music, Movies, And Books From The Google Play Store. Your 7" Kindle Fire HD Just Got Better.
    Enjoy And Be Sure To Let Me know If You Have Any Issues Or Questions.
    Maybe I missed it... but what about the "Account And Sync Settings-2.3.4.apk" file? You never say when to install it.

-T
    tried that
    like I said
    the market works just fine, it's only when I update to the play store that it breaks
    thanks for the suggestion
    With all due respect to the OP, there is already a working tutorial for getting the Play Store installed. It is very specific and has to be done a certain way in order to guarantee your success.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069329

The manual method from that thread is what the RootPlus script to install the Play Store is based on and works ~99% of the time for all 2nd generation devices.
    D
    Deleted member 4707892
    Worked for me.

Instructions worked perfectly for me. Good job.

Does adding the Google Play store using this method require the Kindle Fire to be rooted?

It says [ROOT] right in the title of the post. (Typed exactly the same as the post title.)

Sent From My Kindle Fire HD Running CyanogenMod 10.1