[ROOT] How to properly root the P20 lite

Search This thread

Arseon

May 11, 2016
Successfully rooted using this method. Now I've got an update to 8.0.0.141. Should I update? Would that mess with the root?

Also any luck with xposed? Tried to install it last time and it went to a bootloop.

IDeeJay91

Aug 15, 2012
I have problem with magisk. Sometimes i have to reinstall coz when i open magisk manager it force close after few seconds... Anyone have the same?

haidermiz

Jun 18, 2016
I went to customer centre. Didn't tell them I rooted the phone. They changed the board under warranty. But I had to do that because the stock rom wasn't available at that time. If it's available, you can use DC-Unlocker to flash it.
I just bought it 3 days before and i thought that they might not recover for free cuz it's rooted because when i open it says you phone is unlocked and can't be trusted.
Btw DC unlocker is paid you know any free?

Arseon

May 11, 2016
I just bought it 3 days before and i thought that they might not recover for free cuz it's rooted because when i open it says you phone is unlocked and can't be trusted.
Btw DC unlocker is paid you know any free?

I had relocked my phone and it wasn't even booting up to the 'can't be trusted screen'. Also, I paid for DC. Do not know of any free substitute.

haidermiz

Jun 18, 2016
I had relocked my phone and it wasn't even booting up to the 'can't be trusted screen'. Also, I paid for DC. Do not know of any free substitute.
I'm getting this problem Func NO : 11 (recovery image) Error NO : 2 (load failed!) when i try to boot into recovery TWRP is installed

IDeeJay91

Aug 15, 2012
I'm getting this problem Func NO : 11 (recovery image) Error NO : 2 (load failed!) when i try to boot into recovery TWRP is installed

U can try commend in fastboot "fastboot boot TWRP.IMG" I had the same problem but i have stock recovery so after relock bootloader i had access to recovery

edit. I tried root phone again this method and didnt work, I got the same errors, Func NO : 11 (recovery image) Error NO : 2 (load failed!). I don't know why...

Last edited:

haidermiz

Jun 18, 2016
U can try commend in fastboot "fastboot boot TWRP.IMG" I had the same problem but i have stock recovery so after relock bootloader i had access to recovery
I didn't understand what you're saying I'm sorry I'm just beginner. When i type "fastboot boot TWRP.IMG" in fastboot it says "cannot load 'TWRP.IMG': No such file or directory"

Jackie_

Oct 7, 2013
When in fastboot mode and unlocking bootloader it says it also factory resets the device when it unlocks the bootloader. Is there a way for unlocking without factory reset?

Arseon

May 11, 2016
How to get updates after rooting? Updates from Huawei doesn't apply anymore. Any way to get stock updates? Or are there any good custom roms?

O2Xav

Jan 9, 2012
How to get updates after rooting? Updates from Huawei doesn't apply anymore. Any way to get stock updates? Or are there any good custom roms?

Just flash back the original ramdisk, execute the OTA update procedure, flash the custom ramdisk back.
No data is lost during the procedure.

Rishabh1x

Mar 28, 2014
Delhi
Will it work if I fetch ramdisk then patch it with magisk and flash it with fastboot instead of using already patched ramdisk?

Arseon

May 11, 2016
Just flash back the original ramdisk, execute the OTA update procedure, flash the custom ramdisk back.
No data is lost during the procedure.

I did this but system updater saying no new updates. I'm currently on 8.0.0.131. Didn't 8.0.0.141 update come long time back?
Using ANE-AL00 C675

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even without a custom recovery like TWRP you can get Magisk on your phone.
    To do this you need to manually patch the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition.
    However, I've done all of this and with a few steps you'll be rooted.

There's a more detailed guide below.

1) Get bootloader unlock code here
    2) Enable "OEM Unlocking", boot into fastboot and type: "fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-code"
    3) Download patched ramdisk image here and put it in fastboot directory.
    4) Reboot into fastboot and type: "fastboot flash ramdisk patched_ramdisk.img"
    (Optional) 5) Flash this to go back to stock ramdisk

[Detailed Guide]

First off, you need an unlocked bootloader. To do this, you need a special code from Huawei, you can request this here:
    https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock

With this code, and having "OEM unlocking" enabled in debugger settings, boot in fastboot mode.
    Afterwards, open fastboot console and type: "fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-code"
    Your device will now reboot.

Now reboot your device back into fastboot mode and open a fastboot console once more.
    Download this patched ramdisk partition and place it in the same folder as your fastboot executable.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9yfz6w9e8q7j5u2/patched_ramdisk.img

Now simply type in the console: "fastboot flash ramdisk patched_ramdisk.img".
    Reboot your phone and it is rooted!
    Download Magisk Manager to update/configure Magisk.

[REMOVE ROOT]

To remove the root, simply flash this original ramdisk partition, the same way as above. You can also relock the bootloader if wanted.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4d6w2labc6cmh2o/original_ramdisk.img
    Just a clarification. So lite version come with 8.0 ? Not 8.1 ?

Correct
    1) Get bootloader unlock code here
    this is giving me a 404 error...:rolleyes:
    Hey there PartyPeople.

A few days ago Magisk 18.0 released and i was so free to create a ramdisk containing the updated Magisk package since i had troubles getting things to work with a new Magisk manager on an old ramdisk.
    You'll find the download right here: https://mega.nz/#!ryhlEaTB!ulJZHuHobCIL4V8xhezP-anbAnm7lpsBPdY4XPupc5c

Please keep in mind that i haven't tested this yet, however i am pretty confident this will work just fine. Should this not work then feel free to contact me or flash the unmodified ramdisk.

As an addendum to the general consensus of flashing TWRP in this thread, i would advise against that, until at least the folks from OpenKirin have figured out TWRP support. If you just want to root your P20 Lite, don't bother with TWRP, you might regret it later
    apparently free method wont work anymore.
    In September it was still working... :cool: