[ROOT] Huawei Ascend Y300 rooting without bootloader unlock code

Search This thread

Juxxize

May 4, 2014
England
How Do I Unroot After Using This method To Root My Huawei AscendY300

The bootloader stays locked, you can't install any custom recovery or ROM after rooting this way. To install a custom recovery or ROM you have to unlock the bootloader.

So I've found in an Italian forum, which describes a rooting method that doesn't require a bootloader unlock code from Huawei!

]This pack containes an Italian guide and everything you need for the procedure.
If you don't speak Italian, then follow my instructions. :D

0. Make sure fast boot is turned off on your phone
1. Extract the downloaded .rar file to anywhere you want.
2. Copy the "dload" folder to the root of you SD card.
3. Turn off your phone, then turn it on while holding down (Volume UP) + (Volume DOWN).
If the firmware update is finished you will get a green tick. The phone will reboot, be patient.
If you get a pink screen, then put the "dload" folder into the Internal memory's root to solve the problem.
4. Install unlockroot3.exe, then open it after the installation is finished. (Get a newer version of Unlock Root from ])
5. Enable USB Debugging on your phone at Settings --> Developer settings, then plug the phone to your PC.
6. The PC will recognize a CD drive. Install Handset WinDriver.exe from /drivers/adb_driver/.
7. Click the big, green "ROOT" button. When it asks, decide if you want "Power saver" to be installed to your device or not.
8. After the process is finished, it will ask if you want to reboot. Click Yes.
9. After reboot you should see Superuser installed to your phone.
10. If you get errors (camera, flash not working) or the screen looks like it's been washed out with bleach,
Then run install-windows.bat from the folder named "Y300-boot-B176". This should solve the errors.

This method is tested with the following firmware versions:
B164, B166, B169, B171, B172, B173, B174, B175, B176,
B178, B181, B184, B188, B192, B195, B196, B197, B199

Huge Thanks to Carontes from androidiani.com!!

Hit Thanks if it helped!

Thankyou , this method worked great for me . The trouble is I need to unroot because I need to take my phone (Huawei AscendY300) back to the shop I bought it from because there is an issue with the screen but I have no idea how to unroot ? Will a simple factory reset unroot my phone ? or do I need to unroot 1st then factory reset?

Juxxize

May 4, 2014
England

10. If you get errors (camera, flash not working) or the screen looks like it's been washed out with bleach,
Then run install-windows.bat from the folder named "Y300-boot-B176". This should solve the errors.

I was just thinking I wonder if my issues with my screen ( it keeps going sort of pixelated ) could be one of these 'errors'.
How exactly do I run the install-windows.bat ? do I just plug my phone into my PC and run it? or do I put the install-windows.bat on my phone and run it?

Last edited:

Adge40

Sep 8, 2013
Redmi Note 10S
If all else has failed and you are in a panick try re installing the firmware and start again,when I killed my phone I successfully installed the b189 firmware using the update app method,if b189 doesn't work try a different firmware,I.e b186 or b199 and so on,a lot of these firmwares fail to install at step 2 of 2,Google it you will see what I mean

Sent from my Ascend Y300 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Juxxize

mostafa asal

Jun 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
huawei y300
tried to unlock bootloader via ez unlock in order to flash cwm
now the phone open on a blue , green , red display
and i can access dload but any rom stops at about 1\3 progress
tried to re-lock the bootloader using : fastboot oem relock
but my pc can't read the phone when i type : adb-toolkit\bin\files\fastboot devices
although i installed the drivers and the pc can recognize it
how can i solve this?

sims1606

Jul 8, 2014
Glasgow
locked bootoloader

Hi guys

First i would like to say hallo to everyone cause iam new here. So ''Hello''.

Iam the owner of Huawey Y300-0100 and iam wondering is there any way to change bootloader satsu back to ''locked''.
I now I can change to ''relock'' or something like that, but I really need to have ''locked''.
Sorry if the answer is somewhere on the forum but I couldnt find it.

Thank You

goku1234567890

Feb 6, 2014
Karachi
Need a little help with this guide!!!

Seems like this post is no more getting replies but i will try my luck. Also i am noob at rooting so please try to explain things in simple words. There couple of things i wanted to ask and didn't understand in the guide.

First of all will rooting my phone void my warranty. I have Y300-0100 one version. If it will void my warranty can i unroot it so that when i need to update or flash my custom rom i can do so.

Secondly where is the root of the SD card? And when i boot my phone in safe mode as mentioned in step 3 how will the update happen? Will it happen automatically or do i need to trigger it from somewhere. And you said that if we get pink screen we need to put the "dload" folder in the root of the internal memory. Where is the root of internal memory? And to put the folder in the internal memory do i need to open the phone in normal mode and use file manager to put it in the internal memory?

Thirdly you said in the step 6 that to install drivers. From where can i install these drivers? do i install them from the phone or the rar file you provided?

Fourthly how can i backup my stock rom so that i can restore it if somethings bad happen.

Fifthly i don't know if i am allowed to ask this or not so please forgive me and dont reply to this question if this isnt allowed, but to install modded apps do i need to root my phone or can i just install them without rooting?

Sixth i want to ask that can any one here suggest me a good backup app that back ups app data,not only the apk file but also the save game, settings and extra files which are downloaded within the app.

Lastly you said if we get error like camera, flash or bleached screen we should run install-windows.bat, from where can i run this, from the phone or the windows?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help. Hoping for a fast and satisfactory answer. Many many thanks and if all of this cant be answered can i ask this in a new thread in reference to this one?

goku1234567890

Feb 6, 2014
Karachi
Confirm working on build B164. Just need to use the install-windows.bat to fix the camera and washed screen issue. After that need to do a manual reboot to recognize sim.

How did you run the install-windows.bat? I mean did you connect your phone with the data cable to the PC and then run the install-windows.bat from the PC or copied the install-windows.bat to the phone and then run it?

josedaniel

Apr 8, 2011
Cusco
BootLoop Huawei Logo

Hi, after following all the steps in the instructions and what seemed to be a successfully process, I had to reboot my phone and now it is stuck in the Huawei logo, how can I fix this?

Thanks a lot for your help.

:(

besadael

Nov 22, 2014
I still cannot remove these progams.

Ik know it is a while ago this post but I hope to get an answer anyway.

I have rooted succesfully (I think).
I had the same issues with camera, but not anymore.
Now I want to delete these programs but how?
If I go to the app-info I cannot delete them. I can shut them down but there is no delete button.

Starting the SU appm there are no applications in the list.
With info it sasys I have 'outdated binary' tap to check for updates. But it failes on downloading the manifest.
And if I try again the SU app stops with error.

Does this mean it is not correctly rooted?

Back-up 6.2.32 (com.huawei.KoBackup)
DLNA v1.2.627 (com.huawei.android.dlna)
E-mail 6.1.1 (com.android.email) VIND IK overbodig
Exchange Services 5.0 (com.android.exchange) VIND IK overbodig
Face Unlock 4.1.2-509230 (com.android.facelock) VIND IK overbodig
Google Play Music 5.0.1041J.689753 (com.google.android.music) VIND IK overbodig
Help-centrum 6.1.6 (com.huawei.helpcenter)
Huawei Startpagina 6.1.20 (com.huawei.android.launcher) i.p.v heb ik Holo Launcher!
HwIME Arabic Language Pack 1.0.00 (com.huawei.inputmethod.language.arabian) en de overige Language Pack. Wel Dutch aanlaten.
Inrichtingsbericht 1.0.0 (com.huawei.omacp)
Me Widget 6.1.73 (com.huawei.android.mewidget) VIND IK overbodig
Mijn agenda 5.0.13 (com.huawei.android.calendarwidget)
Mijn e-mail 6.0.20 (com.huawei.android.myemail)
SIM-toolkit 4.1.1 (com.android.stk)
Tips voor startscherm 1.0.2 (com.android.protips)
Weer 5.1.49 (com.huawei.android.totemweather)

NO, there is no reason to unlock bootloader if you just want to stay on stock and clean out apps (just need root).

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Camera not working after root is common issue and easily solved. Just read the steps of your root guide again it should have a last step that tells you to run a .bat file if your camera doesn't work and/or your screen is giving problems after root.

buzz71

Jan 20, 2009
huawei y300 in loop...without root....what can i do?

hello i have one huawei y300 in italy. the phone is in loop. i see , when i try to put it on, only huawei logo.
i have tried many times to install a new rom from android reset interface. i have try to have a unlock number from internet by imei, model, and serial numebr. buti can't read the "product id" (the phone is in loop) and i guess that phone of my friend, is not root!
so i have pay dc unlocker to try to unlock bootloader, or read the unlock code of the phone.
i can't unlock it by dc-unlocker. why?
i have 8 credit.what i must try to have or unlock phone, or unlock code?
thank you...

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

hello i have one huawei y300 in italy. the phone is in loop. i see , when i try to put it on, only huawei logo.
what i must try to have or unlock phone, or unlock code?

Product SN: **************

Product IMEI/MEID:**************

Product ID: MSM7627A
i can't read the true "product id" because the smartphone is in loop..and i can't switch on , it...
please tell me the code to unlock thebootloader.
thank you.
thank you...

0xmilan

Jan 7, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hi!
The bootloader unlock code is different for everyone, there is no universal code that works for every phone.
Try to get into recovery mode with holding down the Volume Up button while turning the phone on. In the recovery menu do a factory reset and delete cache, it might solve your problem.
You can also install a stock ROM from Huawei. Check their official site for ROMs, that have a higher version number, than the one on your phone. Put the downloaded ROM into a folder named dload in the root of your SD card, then install it by holding down the Volume Up AND Down buttons while turning it on.
I guess that's all I can help with.
Cheers.

buzz71

Jan 20, 2009
huawei ascend y300 in loop

hello, i know that code is one for only phone...i have tried many times to delete cache memory and restart/reset like factory.
i can go in recovery mode but after i have delete cache and reset restart the phone , logo of huawey appear on screen and donìt go away...it appear to be in loop....
i have also tried to install a original rom from huawei center but when i push volume up and down and power the phone say to me: that impossible to upgrade the phone the memory eecm is only in read mode, ...so i guess i must unlock the bootloader, and after install a recovery mode so i can try to installa new cooked rom...like cyanogenmod and so on...but without a code is impossible to do that....

adeii

Nov 11, 2013
Sajlent Hil
Product ID: MSM7627A
i can't read the true "product id" because the smartphone is in loop..and i can't switch on , it...
please tell me the code to unlock thebootloader.
thank you.
thank you...
Mostly you got 2 options - to get unlock code from Huawei's site or to overwrite/flash bootloader partition from SD card and then install CWM or TWRP recovery.
1. I used this webpage, for mine Y300..but official site it not working now :( .... this one works!!! But since you can not boot and read Product ID.... use 2. option
2. You can uses this thread, it also works for Y300.

Good luck with unlocking/rooting!

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

and after install a recovery mode so i can try to install a new cooked rom...like cyanogenmod and so on...but without a code is impossible to do that....
(Unofficial) SlimKat 9.0 for Y300 is also excellent choice!

Last edited:

buzz71

Jan 20, 2009
yes, but i must to unlock the bootloader before..to that!
the phone now is hard brick!

adeii

Nov 11, 2013
Sajlent Hil
yes, but i must to unlock the bootloader before..to that!
the phone now is hard brick!
Had you tried second option, it works on locked bootloader?
You want to say there is no even bootloader / recovery mode work, when you said "hard brick"? Any illumination of navigation buttons or screen backlight?
Update!
Try this option http://huaweinews.com/2013/07/root-huawei-ascend-y300/ with coping dload folder to SD card and starting bricked Y300 in Downloader mode! It should overwrite locked bootloader. After that can you start phone in normal mode (and continue with unlockroot3.exe) or flash CWM/TWPR recovery?

Last edited:

adeii

Nov 11, 2013
Sajlent Hil
Ik know it is a while ago this post but I hope to get an answer anyway.

I have rooted succesfully (I think).
I had the same issues with camera, but not anymore.
Now I want to delete these programs but how?
If I go to the app-info I cannot delete them. I can shut them down but there is no delete button.

Starting the SU appm there are no applications in the list.
With info it sasys I have 'outdated binary' tap to check for updates. But it failes on downloading the manifest.
And if I try again the SU app stops with error.

Does this mean it is not correctly rooted?
IMHO, apps in /system/apps can not be normally uninstalled, you need app like System App Uninstaller or System App Remover...

buzz71

Jan 20, 2009
Y300 bricked...

HELLO THERE'S SOME NEWS...i have the bootloader unlock code form huawei home page...i have so, 16 numbers!
i have tried many times to use this code to unlock in ms dos with app to unlock the bootloader..it doesn't works...i can't unlock the phone. after i have tried to unlock , i check the unlock by this software (now i have forget the name..) and it isn't unlocked....
on the other hand i have tried to upgrade from sd with "download mode" but it do not works...it says to me something about "emmc" that work onlyin download mode...
when i switch on the phone i see the light, and vibration, but i can't see recovery mode...i see the light and animation on the screen but it remain on the android logo freezed....
sorry for my bad english.
i hope you have understand my bad language...:eek:

adeii

Nov 11, 2013
Sajlent Hil
How you failed with dload method?! Did you got "a green tick" after its done or not? After that you still can not boot in normal mode?

Can you go to (fast)boot mode by holding Volume DOWN button and turn the phone on while keeping the Volume DOWN button pressed for at least 10 seconds ?!
Your phone should freeze on the splash screen (fastboot mode). If you can, try to execute UnlockTools/check_bootloader.bat ? And that unlock_bootloader.bat ? Or even flash_recovery.bat ?

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

At least, you can try to restore all stock/official ROM partitions (boot/recovery/system) and see if your phone is working or has physical damage. http://consumer.huawei.com/en/search/index.htm?keywords=y300

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bootloader stays locked, you can't install any custom recovery or ROM after rooting this way. To install a custom recovery or ROM you have to unlock the bootloader.

So I've found this thread in an Italian forum, which describes a rooting method that doesn't require a bootloader unlock code from Huawei!

This pack containes an Italian guide and everything you need for the procedure.

0. Make sure fast boot is turned off on your phone
    3. Turn off your phone, then turn it on while holding down (Volume UP) + (Volume DOWN).
    If the firmware update is finished you will get a green tick. The phone will reboot, be patient.
    If you get a pink screen, then put the "dload" folder into the Internal memory's root to solve the problem.
    4. Install unlockroot3.exe, then open it after the installation is finished. (Get a newer version of Unlock Root from unlockroot.com)
    5. Enable USB Debugging on your phone at Settings --> Developer settings, then plug the phone to your PC.
    6. The PC will recognize a CD drive. Install Handset WinDriver.exe from /drivers/adb_driver/.
    7. Click the big, green "ROOT" button. When it asks, decide if you want "Power saver" to be installed to your device or not.

B164, B166, B169, B170, B171, B172, B173, B174, B175, B176, B178, B181,
    B184, B186, B188, B189, B190, B192, B194, B195, B196, B197, B199

Hit Thanks if it helped!
    working

So I've found this thread in an Italian forum, which describes a rooting method that doesn't require a bootloader unlock code from Huawei!

This pack containes an Italian guide and everything you need for the procedure.

3. Turn off your phone, then turn it on by holding down (Volume UP) + (Volume DOWN).
    4. Install unlockroot3.exe, then open it after the installation is finished.

B175, B169 (Italian Wind branded)
    B174, B176 (no brand)
    B178 (Hungarian Telenor branded)
    B173 (Hungarian T-mobile branded)

Hit Thanks if it helped!

:good::good::good::good::good::good:
    :good: nice work
    Can I use this guide to root Huawei Y300-0100 ?

cheers ! ;)
    there is another way to root without unlock bootloader, the oeminfo hack, with this you can install roms