Root Huawei Honor 6X and install TWRP custom recovery

Search This thread

Suman117

Apr 18, 2015
Kolkata
This tutorial guides to successfully root Huawei Honor 6X. If your want to root your device successfully please read all steps and if you are rooting any device for the first time please read all note and go through each and every step slowly. After following this guide your device will be rooted and ready for any other advanced usage.
Note:

• Rooting will void the warranty of your smartphone.
  • Please follow each and every step carefully to safely root your smartphone without bricking.
  • We will not be responsible if you brick your smartphone.
  • Take a backup of your stored files and possible full ROM before rooting.
  • Make sure you read all steps carefully before doing anything to your smartphone.
  • Rooting is not illegal but some illegal activities could be engaged after rooting your device.
  • If you brick your device please mention the issue in comment box we will help you as soon as possible.
  • Make sure your device is same as mentioned in the article’s title.

Please make sure your device bootloader successfully unlocked to unlock please follow this guide: Click here
Download

Recovery Files
SuperSU

Steps to flash TWRP

1. Make sure you have installed all the drivers of the Honor 6X.
  2. Open and extract all files from the zip and open the .exe file.
  3. The UI is in Chinese but you can read the recovery option.
  4. Select recovery and Flash the recovery.
  5. Wait untill the process in complete.
  6. Reboot your device.

The process is complete you haver installed the custom recovery TWRP in your Honor 6X.

Root your smartphone

1. Place the SuperSU in your smartphone internal memory.
  2. Reboot your smartphone in recovery mode. to reboot your smartphone in recovery mode first power off your smartphone then long press volume up + power button simultaneously until the Huawei logo appears
  3. Flash the SuperSU.

Congratulation you have successfully rooted your Honor 6X.

The Guide for Root Huawei Honor 6X is complete.
Risks:

• Your device could be hacked and will be more exploited for hacking.
  • You can screw up the device. (Don’t experiment with your device).
  • Please read the disclaimer in you want to in any case.
  • Try the tutorial at your own risk.
  • If you find any issue mention it in the comment box below.
  • This Guide Honor 6X Unlock Bootloader is 100% working

Last edited:

Suman117

Apr 18, 2015
Kolkata
It's ok here i have receive my honor 6x yesterday and my honor honor 6x bootloader ulocked , twrp installed and rooted ok no problem here ;)

Debloat in the first time google apps (playgames, books, hangouts, etc...)

Buy a good case for that phone the screen is not scach resistance and can easily get a crack

marco_wack

Mar 23, 2013
I am running Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0 on my 6X, but logically this recovery doesnt work cause its for MM. So i tried this https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...ecovery-twrp-3-0-2-android-nougat-03-t3511937 recovery from P9 Lite forums, and it boots but i cant mount storage there. Would it be possible for u to update this TWRP to Nougat for us? If u need any files from the Nougat build reach me out or if you want to know how i installed it

Last edited:

goodygoods

Feb 6, 2016
Cebu
I am running Android 7.0 with EMUI 5.0 on my 6X, but logically this recovery doesnt work cause its for MM. So i tried this https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...ecovery-twrp-3-0-2-android-nougat-03-t3511937 recovery from P9 Lite forums, and it boots but i cant mount storage there. Would it be possible for u to update this TWRP to Nougat for us? If u need any files from the Nougat build reach me out or if you want to know how i installed it
How do you have ennui 5 on your 6x??

marco_wack

Mar 23, 2013
How do you have ennui 5 on your 6x??

There is this website which lists all of the huawei updates. i downloaded the newest for our device there and installed the update.app (though i struggled a bit). but now i have a rooted emui 5.0 android 7.0 with system r/w and my only problem is that the recovery cant mount storage

goodygoods

Feb 6, 2016
Cebu
There is this website which lists all of the huawei updates. i downloaded the newest for our device there and installed the update.app (though i struggled a bit). but now i have a rooted emui 5.0 android 7.0 with system r/w and my only problem is that the recovery cant mount storage
can you send me screenshots of your emui 5??

marco_wack

Mar 23, 2013
is it true that is has now an app drawer?? can I have a screen shot of your home screen and the link also

Yes it has one , I'll add an image. As for link, which link do you mean? If you mean the one to install the update its quite tricky and took me a whole day to get it working and i think it's still a test build with some bugs (for example I can't get magazine unlock to work)

Reactions: goodygoods

goodygoods

Feb 6, 2016
Cebu
Yes it has one , I'll add an image. As for link, which link do you mean? If you mean the one to install the update its quite tricky and took me a whole day to get it working and i think it's still a test build with some bugs (for example I can't get magazine unlock to work)
yep the installation link, well I can do that, does it have major bugs like dual sim working or other big bugs?

Frytz

Aug 30, 2008
yep the installation link, well I can do that, does it have major bugs like dual sim working or other big bugs?

Link fot BLN-L21C432 is here:
HTML:
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1277/g104/v75157/f1/full/update.zip
I can't test dual-sim, but i don't see any major bug, but some Huawei apps such Updater and File Manager are missing...the real problem is that we cannot already downgrade to Marshmallow due to the lack of rollback packages...downgrading in dload fails (i tested it yesterday)

Reactions: goodygoods

goodygoods

Feb 6, 2016
Cebu
Link fot BLN-L21C432 is here: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1277/g104/v75157/f1/full/update.zip

I can't test dual-sim, but i don't see any major bug, but some Huawei apps such Updater and File Manager are missing...the real problem is that we cannot already downgrade to Marshmallow due to the lack of rollback packages...downgrading in dload fails (i tested it yesterday)
so you mean dual sim not working?? but if I reflash stock rom using dload will it work or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial guides to successfully root Huawei Honor 6X. If your want to root your device successfully please read all steps and if you are rooting any device for the first time please read all note and go through each and every step slowly. After following this guide your device will be rooted and ready for any other advanced usage.
    Note:

• Rooting will void the warranty of your smartphone.
    • Please follow each and every step carefully to safely root your smartphone without bricking.
    • We will not be responsible if you brick your smartphone.
    • Take a backup of your stored files and possible full ROM before rooting.
    • Make sure you read all steps carefully before doing anything to your smartphone.
    • Rooting is not illegal but some illegal activities could be engaged after rooting your device.
    • If you brick your device please mention the issue in comment box we will help you as soon as possible.
    • Make sure your device is same as mentioned in the article’s title.

Please make sure your device bootloader successfully unlocked to unlock please follow this guide: Click here
    Download

Recovery Files
    SuperSU

Steps to flash TWRP

1. Make sure you have installed all the drivers of the Honor 6X.
    2. Open and extract all files from the zip and open the .exe file.
    3. The UI is in Chinese but you can read the recovery option.
    4. Select recovery and Flash the recovery.
    5. Wait untill the process in complete.
    6. Reboot your device.

The process is complete you haver installed the custom recovery TWRP in your Honor 6X.

Root your smartphone

1. Place the SuperSU in your smartphone internal memory.
    2. Reboot your smartphone in recovery mode. to reboot your smartphone in recovery mode first power off your smartphone then long press volume up + power button simultaneously until the Huawei logo appears
    3. Flash the SuperSU.

Congratulation you have successfully rooted your Honor 6X.

The Guide for Root Huawei Honor 6X is complete.
    Risks:

• Your device could be hacked and will be more exploited for hacking.
    • You can screw up the device. (Don’t experiment with your device).
    • Please read the disclaimer in you want to in any case.
    • Try the tutorial at your own risk.
    • If you find any issue mention it in the comment box below.
    • This Guide Honor 6X Unlock Bootloader is 100% working
    if i do that to get OTA, the new update will lock my bootloader? or will lock only on dload mode?
    OTA will lock the bootloader and also won't Install on rooted, TWRPed phone.
    You will have to unroot it, flash stock recovery, stock boot before you download and install OTA.
    Hi guys,
    Sorry for the noob question but is there a way to root, and still receive OTA updates?

I just want to install an ad blocking hosts file. I don't want to install custom roms yet.
    You will get OTA but wont be able to install as with root, you modify the boot image and also ota won't Insta if twrp is there.
    So to be able to install OTA, you need to unroot, flash stock boot, stock recovery then download the OTA and install.
    It's possible to debloat the stock rom after unlock bootloader, install twrp and root ??? no problem after debloat ???
    It's possible to debloat the stock rom after unlock bootloader, install twrp and root ??? no problem after debloat ???

You have to root the smartphone first
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone