• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROOT] Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21, Android 6.0 Marshmallow

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
Hello there!

Following these steps, you'll be able to root your freshly marshmallowed P8 Lite.
The method was tested by several other users, with not just this model.

Requirements:
Do you have everything above?

Good, here are the steps:
  1. Go to THIS post, and download the attachment of it. (BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-SYSTEMMODE.zip)
  2. Put this zip on your SD Card.
  3. Boot into recovery and flash it.

That is all what you need to do.

Credits goes to: aufarxda for making the working zip, zirangua for trying and successfully rooting our device with this, and of course Chainfire for making rooting phones possible and easy.

Note:
If you tried with the official zips from Chainfire's thread, you should rooted your phone as well, but the root was lost after a few reboots.
At least it was like that for me.
The reason for this, Chainfire introduced a new way of rooting the phone, which called "systemless" root. It means, no modification is made to your /system partition, only to your boot image.
The install script of this zip checks for compatibility to do "systemless" root, and if it can do that, it'll do that.
However, with our device, something must be messed up with the boot image, because it seems to be resetting after few (or the first) reboots.
The downloaded zip was modified in a way, that the script only root your phone via the old method, modifying your /system partition.
The whole point to have a "systemless" root is not rerooting after every update, or system reset, however, it seems like it's not working well with our phone, so only the old method remains.

Last edited:

Surdyn

Feb 3, 2016
Hello there!

Following these steps, you'll be able to root your freshly marshmallowed P8 Lite.

Requirements:

1. Go to THIS post, and download the attachment of it. (BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-SYSTEMMODE.zip)

Credits goes to: aufarxda for making the working zip, zirangua for trying and successfully rooting our device with this, and of course Chainfire for making rooting phones possible and easy.

Note:
If you tried with the official zips from Chainfire's thread, you should rooted your phone as well, but the root was lost after a few reboots.
The reason for this, Chainfire introduced a new way of rooting the phone, which called "systemless" root. It means, no modification is made to your /system partition, only to your boot image.
The install script of this zip checks for compatibility to do "systemless" root, and if it can do that, it'll do that.
However, with our device, something must be messed up with the boot image, because it seems to be resetting after few (or the first) reboots.
The downloaded zip was modified in a way, that the script only root your phone via the old method, modifying your /system partition.
The whole point to have a "systemless" root is not rerooting after every update, or system reset, however, it seems like it's not working well with our phone, so only the old method remains.
[/QUDo wee
Do wee need an sd card or it can be done witch the main storage?

darklove0

Mar 20, 2015
not work stop Screen Takeoff and not star and restart

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

blackscreen and my phone restart how fixed

xander33

Apr 16, 2014
VARESE
Hello there!

Requirements:

Note:
Hi this method work only with the chinese version (B535) on european version (B524) i got a bootloop ...
This happen to me :(

danvo01

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
Hello there!

Requirements:

Note:
Hi Daviddosa you have installed chinese beta android 6 fw? On that firmware is camera with special light effects.. Can you make backup of that camera, and get it here, or copy complete camera sw? Thanks a lot!

sokkoban

Nov 8, 2015
Plovdiv
Thanks.. sadly it is not working. Just wondering why on chinese ROMs there is working light painting, but on EU ROMS no. :(
I'm wonderin too. But this is not only difference in Chinese ROM. On B524 not feature like Touch Plus, Smart Care, Mobile data traffic counter, HiCloud and many others
So my opinion is Chinese firmware is much better that European. For that I change my ALE-L21 to ALE-UL00

danvo01

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
I'm wonderin too. But this is not only difference in Chinese ROM. On B524 not feature like Touch Plus, Smart Care, Mobile data traffic counter, HiCloud and many others
So my opinion is Chinese firmware is much better that European. For that I change my ALE-L21 to ALE-UL00
so.. do you think it is better to flash back chinese beta v 311 (?) instead of 524? I looked for more stable bluetooth connection, and now i see differences...