• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root Huawei without unlock bootloader

Search This thread

Absolute Livianesu

Sep 15, 2021
Hi everyone

I spend my time reading the actual ... mess about unlocking the Bootloader for Huawei/Honor etc.

I would like to know what doyou think about those ones :

Be careful anyway, my AV said there is possibly a virus in the archive to DL from youtube link's :( ....

and

I read about DC unlocker and the fact it has not reached the challenge :p

I saw the video above from @jonas336

Mine is a Huawei P20 Lite EMUI 9.1.0

Indeed, I want to flash and move to los in order to Kick out Gapp ...

Waiting of the solution to follow (complete tuto lol, as we hardly catch all the subtility of the developper ;) ), I have Netguard install and paid for it, it deserves.

On a SM-G531F, i successfully flash to loi 13.0 and gained root access, so i enjoy AFWALL+

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Used that method on p20 pro Indeed...but seemed that it did not work anymore since Android 9.0 or 9.1 🤔
    Will Work, if you have a pc and Micro sdcard in phone.
    Can you make a video?
    I make a video. Video will Come on Friday this month. I send link.
    I know I need to have an unlocked bootloader to root Huawei phones. But I have found a new solution where there is no need to unlock the bootloader. Now I want to explain it. Huawei has a feature called sdcard update which flashes phone from sdcard. It made me think if I unpacked update.app and patched ramdisk_recovery by magic manager, I also replaced the real img with the patched img. Now I flashed it, result success. I magically checked the app and magically it was successfully installed. I have root access now.

Sorry for my poor English, I used Google translate.
    Can you make a video?
    I too would love to hear more about this and exactly what to do :)
    I know I need to have an unlocked bootloader to root Huawei phones. But I have found a new solution where there is no need to unlock the bootloader. Now I want to explain it. Huawei has a feature called sdcard update which flashes phone from sdcard. It made me think if I unpacked update.app and patched ramdisk_recovery by magic manager, I also replaced the real img with the patched img. Now I flashed it, result success. I magically checked the app and magically it was successfully installed. I have root access now.

Sorry for my poor English, I used Google translate.
    Interesting. I think you should provide more details:
    1. Emui Version
    2. Apps or tools used to unpacked repacked update app.
    3. If there needs sign some files and tools used for that
    4. other infos.