• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root i9300 &i9305 and install cwm recovery with apps

Search This thread

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
Yes but you claim this is the "REAL" way in the title. You also belittle the more official methods as "complicated" in post 1.

I'm going to stop replying now. Every time I post, this thread bumps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Whatever. By the way, look at how many thanks at framaroot thread and you will know how many people like that rooting method.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

Last edited:

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
Whatever. By the way, look at how many thanks at framaroot thread and you will know how many people like that rooting method.

Stop being so defensive young man, it isn't a popularity contest between methods, the issue is with the approach people take to being responsible for their own learning........something that is discussed broadly in the forum rules.

The simple fact is that probably 70% of posts on XDA are unnecessary if people took the time to read and learn.

Replies like...."whatever"......not only demonstrate a lack of maturity, but to older members it represents a complete and flippant lack of respect......save that for your peers, it will win you no friends here...........however,a simple and humble response along the lines of...."Ok,I understand your view point, what do you suggest I do?" might actually demonstrate a willingness to learn on your part. ;)

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
I am a basketball player, when someone is playing offensive, I will defense.
:)
Actually, you and him made your point, that's ok. I didn't see any constructive suggestion made.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
You should have read our posts then. You need a disclaimer saying its at their own risk if something goes wrong. Otherwise they'll see it as your fault (and if you don't warn them of the risks - it is partially your fault). I mentioned this earlier. Guess you missed it.

Please add your disclaimer ASAP

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
Suggestions have been made to amend your post.......and if you want an opinion as to why, here it is

You state that people should ignore all those misleading posts.
To which I would like to pose this question?

Are you inferring that Chainfires' posts are misleading? One of the most respected developers on XDA, who works tirelessly so that people across many, many devices can root their phones, are you seriously telling me that those posts are misleading?

........thought not.

Getting the picture yet? :rolleyes:

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
So now we .....
1) root with framaroot
2) install recovery
3) install busy box

.........which will take us back to doh, re, me............cf root that does it all in one! ;)

This:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIjobdArtiA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Roots it but you can't flash custom roms. So you're right, it is misleading. Most people who want "root" really want to flash custom ROMs and Kernels. It's not really "root" that they need for this but the process in those "misleading post" actually gives you the ability to do this where as framaroot doesn't.

these 2 are your first posts!
it's funny , @slaphead20, you try to make friend with that post?
@rootSU, after I read your first post, I realized people will like to have recovery too, so I added additional info immediately.
I tried to be constructive, and I just see people keep discouraging.

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007
Suggestions have been made to amend your post.......and if you want an opinion as to why, here it is

You state that people should ignore all those misleading posts.
To which I would like to pose this question?

Are you inferring that Chainfires' posts are misleading? One of the most respected developers on XDA, who works tirelessly so that people across many, many devices can root their phones, are you seriously telling me that those posts are misleading?

........thought not.

Getting the picture yet? :rolleyes:

Actually, you think too much. Misleading posts I refer to are those posts that telling people they cannot root their i9300 and i9305 with a one click app.

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
Ok, here's a suggested amendment to the op

"I'm making this post to highlight an alternative, and in some respects, easier, method of rooting your i9300

Please note that I would still advice you to learn how to use Odin to avoid any panic if you ever have problems with custom Roms/kernels/mods.

Please also note that, as always, you do this at your own risk. "

Then add your method, this removes the inflammatory part of your op, makes it clear to people that they need to also learn and acts as the standard disclaimer. :)

anguslaw

Jan 14, 2007

"I'm making this post to highlight an alternative, and in some respects, easier, method of rooting your i9300

Please note that I would still advice you to learn how to use Odin to avoid any panic if you ever have problems with custom Roms/kernels/mods.

Then add your method, this removes the inflammatory part of your op, makes it clear to people that they need to also learn and acts as the standard disclaimer. :)

Actually, I just amended my post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: if anything bad happened to your phone using the method provided by me, I will take no responsibility! Use at your own risk.

This post is meant to provide an alternative way (newbies may find it easier) to root your phone.

If you want to flash custom rom and kernel, you will need to
    1st, root your device;
    2nd, flash cwm recovery.

Both of the jobs can be done by apps. This method is for normal noobs like me, you do not need to connect your phone to PC. You could always use other ways such as Odin to perform the same jobs, it's your choice.

Then, step by step here:
    1) install framaroot app from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276
    2) open the app, press aragorn, reboot, done
    now, you have your device rooted, then, go on to install cwm recovery
    3) install rom manager app from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager
    4) open the app, flash cwm recovery ( it will download the recovery and flash it ), reboot, done.
    now, you have installed the cwm recovery and you are ready to enjoy your rooted phone, for example, flash custom roms :good:

remarks: If some app needed you to have busybox installed in your device, go download busybox from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.busybox.installer and install the busybox using the app.

All done by 3 simple free apps.

of course, when something bad happened to your phone, you may still need to use Odin to recover your phone, so, you are suggested to learn how to use Odin as well.

:good:

Actually, I just amended my post.
    I'd definitely recommend mobile Odin over ROM manager. It's not the safest app out there.

I'd still prefer to use a pc though because you're going to need it no matter what if it screws up for some reason. The guides we have here are tried and tested and engineered in such a way that a little bit of knowledge is acquired along the way. There's a lot of reading to be done but it IS essential.

As mentioned above, read the faqs. I feel that "quick and easy" is detrimental to our cause.... and its people like myself, slappy and jje who have to help people doing damage because they don't understand

Roots it but you can't flash custom roms. So you're right, it is misleading. Most people who want "root" really want to flash custom ROMs and Kernels. It's not really "root" that they need for this but the process in those "misleading post" actually gives you the ability to do this where as framaroot doesn't.

Oh, I forgot to post the easy way to install cwm recovery here, maybe i have posted in another post. Actually, root is the first steps, the second step is to install cwm recovery. This is easy too.

After you use my method to root your device, reboot, install the rom manager ( from cwm in playstore), you could install the cwm using that app, so easy.

You don't need to use your pc or odin to do both jobs( root and install cwm recovery). This is what most people wanted and it is so easy that you cannot break your device at any chance.

Of cos , if you want busy box, you could download an app called busybox installer, install busy box with that app, so easy again. :cool: