How To Guide [ROOT]ing Xiaomi 12 with Magisk

Search This thread
Hello, good night, I'm having the same problem with Xiaomi 12, the only file that I believe to be the boot image is with the following name "payload.bin". I've been looking for a method here on the web for three days to root my xiaomi. Help please!
You may be looking in the recovery image rather than the fastboot image from the download site. Payload.bin isn't the right one - it's called boot.img.

Reactions: andersonbless
Jun 17, 2010
If you are on a custom ROM, for example LOS 19.1 with LOS recovery (and vendor_boot, dtbo and recovery), following step necessary:
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
Otherwise LOS may not boot, after flashing the patched boot.img.
Happened here yesterday!
bro you saved my night with this information.

imo this has to be added in the the first post @C0rn3j

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sources used: https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-xiaomi-12-and-12-pro/

1. First unlock your bootloader. This thread does not cover this. I suggest you do not try to tamper with the 1week~ time gate you will encounter else it may get longer should you fail.

2. Enable Developer mode and adb from Developer settings again.

3. Download the appropriate Fastboot files for your device. See the About section in your phone's settings to know what you are currently running.

4. Download latest Magisk-vXX.Y.apk and install it on your device. Magisk developer only provides files from Github, do not download it from anywhere else.

5. Extract(Install 7-zip if needed) the fastboot .tgz archive and copy the boot.img from it to your phone's sdcard through adb (or other means):
    Code:
    adb push cupid_eea_global_images_V13.0.16.0.SLCEUXM_20220408.0000.00_12.0_eea/images/boot.img /sdcard/

6. Open up Magisk on your phone, press Install and use the patch option to navigate to the boot.img you just copied. Select that, next next next.

7. Read the output to see where the patched boot.img got saved. Pull that.
    Code:
    adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched-24300_D2K9V.img

8. Reboot phone to fastbootD (rebooting to fastboot (via adb reboot bootloader) should also be fine).
    Code:
    adb reboot fastboot

9. Flash the modified boot image to both A and B partitions
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-24300_D2K9V.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-24300_D2K9V.img

10. Say your prayers and reboot, your device should now have functional root with Magisk
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    If you are on a custom ROM, for example LOS 19.1 with LOS recovery (and vendor_boot, dtbo and recovery), following step necessary:
    fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
    Otherwise LOS may not boot, after flashing the patched boot.img.
    Happened here yesterday!
    Hm, so still pretty early. Is there a thread here or a community on telegram or something or is the dev just keeping a low profile? How did you find it?
    Just search for Xiaomi 12 official on TG. SMS issues seem to solved, D2W works as well.
    can any one develop a custom recovery and rom for xiaomi 12? please......
    Where did you get LOS for the 12?