[ROOT] iOS 16.4 emojis (Google,JoyPixels,EmojiDex,FaceBook,Samsung,Twemoji,Windows)

Just want to see who uses emojis more ????☺?

• ?

Votes: 319 76.7%
  • ?

Votes: 97 23.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Did this randomly stop working for anyone else?

It was fine on my Pixel 6a for months (using Magisk module) and yesterday it randomly stopped working and emojis are not replaced anymore in any app.
I don't use this module, but I do maintain this module which restores the blob emojis, and the same thing has happened. To fix this, go to /data/fonts/files. Inside there, you should see a folder with some long gibberish name. If you delete that folder and reboot your phone, your custom emojis should be restored.

wanalytics

Jan 5, 2021
I don't use this module, but I do maintain this module which restores the blob emojis, and the same thing has happened. To fix this, go to /data/fonts/files. Inside there, you should see a folder with some long gibberish name. If you delete that folder and reboot your phone, your custom emojis should be restored.
Oh wow, that fixed it, thank you! Any idea why this happens or what caused it?

David B.

Mar 25, 2016
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Oh wow, that fixed it, thank you! Any idea why this happens or what caused it?
You're welcome! This annoyance is a side effect of Google implementing support for updatable emojis. There's a very good article here on why they wanted to do that. I suppose that within the last couple of days, Google pushed out their updated emoji set to everyone, thus resulting in this.

I know it's annoying, but for the non-root users out there, it's actually a very good thing that they did this. Fortunately, they don't seem to push out updated emojis very often. I believe the last time I encountered this was about a year ago.

wanalytics

Jan 5, 2021
You're welcome! This annoyance is a side effect of Google implementing support for updatable emojis. There's a very good article here on why they wanted to do that. I suppose that within the last couple of days, Google pushed out their updated emoji set to everyone, thus resulting in this.

I know it's annoying, but for the non-root users out there, it's actually a very good thing that they did this. Fortunately, they don't seem to push out updated emojis very often. I believe the last time I encountered this was about a year ago.
Oh that makes sense! I do remember hearing about this a while back but didn't realize they had actually implemented it. Thanks!

NightMean

Mar 31, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Mega
I've installed this first time on my new A12 phone (had it previously on older android before) via Magisk but the emojis are not replaced in Google Keyboard nor in Messenger.
I've removed the folders from the location as you mentioned and rebooted but it is still the same.
Do I have to replace/delete some other files or does this not work in Google Keyboard anymore?

Edit: Found this on Telegram but it didn't work.
I also tried to replace the actual NotoColorEmoji.ttf inside the random file folder name but same result. Emojis are not replaced.
Can it be issue be related to that that my GBoard was preinstalled on phone? (Running Nothing Phone (1))

🚨⚠️ Android 12 Users ⚠️🚨

Delete the font in Data/Fonts/Files/random name folder. Then follow the steps above 👆🫶💚

Stock Emojis (Google emojis) are still showing on Gboard, But the system is showing modded .ttf 🤔

Try enabling #compat
1️⃣ Go to Data/Data/com.google.android.inputmethod.latin/Shared_Prefs/Flags_Value.xml.
2️⃣ Delete the emoji_compat_app_whitelist line, then save.
3️⃣ Force close gboard 💚
4️⃣ Now you should be good to go! 🫶

Or easy method download Rboard app
@rkbdigboard then navigate to Gboard flags then enable compat. 🤝

Last edited:

Sonalk

May 9, 2018
If you use the module method will this be universal and will recipients see the iOS emojis?

I remember I used a similar module a few years ago and receiving phones could see the custom emojis. But now I saw another module that said it's only local and other people will see the default emojis and that it only works on messanger and facebook.

Or have I misunderstood?

kudichode

Jun 28, 2020
I've installed this first time on my new A12 phone (had it previously on older android before) via Magisk but the emojis are not replaced in Google Keyboard nor in Messenger.
I've removed the folders from the location as you mentioned and rebooted but it is still the same.
Do I have to replace/delete some other files or does this not work in Google Keyboard anymore?

I see the same thing on my Pixel 4a and Android 11 with Gboard.
Emojis are replaced pretty much everywhere. Snapchat, Firefox, Contacts, Phone app itself,, basically everything except Messages. Clicking the emoji key at the bottom (left of spacebar) does show ios emojis, however when smiley icon is clicked next to where text is typed, just to the right of text field, I see the original set. Original set is shown both on incoming and outgoing messages. Have just lived with it, unable to find any solution

Think ios 17 just landed a few days ago w/ unicode 15.1 & a handful of new emojis
Might be a lil bit before we see updated magisk modules

MrIlikeit

Oct 8, 2012
Paris
Hi all,

Bringing this thread up because I don't have that empty folder either and the module randomly stopped working.

I'm currently using a stock (rooted) Pixel 8, on Feb. security patch (UQ1A.240205.004)

Is there any other folder to fiddle with?

Cheers!

SCmasm

Sep 17, 2022
How do you access to data/fonts/files? Sorry for my question but this is new to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

“SOCIALS”
    IG: RickyBush_
    SNAP: RickyBush_555 ?
    Join the new Telegram group!
    ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
    If you like what I've done show some LOVE by hitting that thumbs up 👍 Thanks 😇💚
    You could go one step further by buying me a slice of pizza! 🍕🥷🐢😇💚
    paypal.me/RickyBushIIXIXI

Hey
    I decided to make a new thread just for stock fonts so it's easier/cleaner to find check out my Themed fonts if you haven't already. I've updated the packs to iOS10.2 :)
    Notice:
    ★ To the developers who use my work please give the right credits also link this thread
    ★ When sharing my work I would appreciate it if you shared the direct links to my thread/downloads as I like to keep track of the downloads also it helps build up traffic to this thread for more people to find it thanks
    Instructions:
    I. Back up existing NotoColorEmoji.ttf from /system/fonts (Recommended File Explorer)
    II. Download modded .ttf file (zip), extract the zip (Newer zips are flashable)
    III. Copy-paste modded .ttf file to the same location /system/fonts, overwriting the existing one. Change permissions to rw-r-r (0644) and reboot.
    IV. Enjoy your new emojis ;)
    Samsung Instructions:
    I. Back up existing NotoColorEmoji.ttf/SamsungColorEmoji.ttf from /system/fonts
    II. Download modded .ttf file (zip), extract the zip
    III. Copy-paste modded .ttf file to the same location /system/fonts, overwriting the existing one. Change permissions to rw-r-r (0644)
    IV. Copy-paste NotoColorEmoji.ttf change it to SamsungColorEmoji.ttf then reboot
    V. Enjoy your new emojis ;)

Emoji Replacer 😬 APP DOWNLOAD

NEW iOS 16.4 beta
    NEW Samsung 2.5
    NEW Facebook 5.0
    NEW JoyPixels 6.0
    NEW Google 11 (13.1)
    How to get iOS Memoji Stickers!

I. iOS
    II. Flat iOS 10.2
    III. Samsung
    IV. Android
    V. Twemoji
    VI. EmojiOne
    VII. Windows 10
    VIII. FaceBook
    IX. LG
    X. Mozilla
    XI. EmojiDex
    Notice:
    I am not the copyright owner of the Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, LG, FaceBook, Mozilla emojis. The above names owns the copyrights. I have simply combined them and merged into an android font file.
    Credits:
    vXBaKeRXv for being awesome! ?

iOS 11.1 beta 2

If it wasn't for the loyal people who keeps showing LOVE I wouldn't bother uploding this so you have those to thank! :highfive:

Notice:
    ★ To the developers who use my work please give the right credits
    ★ When sharing my work I would appreciate it if you shared the direct links to my thread/downloads as I like to keep track of the downloads also it helps build up traffic to this thread for more people to find it thanks

Click here ?
    ???
    iOS 12.1 Beta (unicode 11)
    Notice:
    ★ Please share the Direct links to this thread/downloads also don't forget to give the right credits thanks :highfive:

sWYMhY1.jpg

Click ?
    ??????

If you like what I've done show some LOVE by hitting that thumbs up :good: Thanks :highfive:
    You could go one step further by buying me a slice of pizza! ???
    Hey guys I have made the iOS 10.2 final release but not going to share it yet as I need to find a good PNG compressor so I can reduce the file size just thought I'll keep you guys updated ???

I will only release it if this post gets 50 likes ??
    Just wondering how many people are still interested in this project?
    I was wondering if anyone would be interested in emojipedia unicode 13 mock-up .ttf? (iOS 14)
    Depending on the response to this post if people are still interested I will update new fonts once they're available!
    What fonts would you guys like to see here? ?

Edit:

Unofficial iOS14 with emojipedias unicode 13 mock-ups

Notice:
    ★ Please share the Direct links to this thread/downloads also don't forget to give the right credits thanks :highfive:

Credits:
    emojipedia for the mock-ups!

Join the new Telegram group!

ZfK9Mo5.jpg

Magisk module
    ???️⛓️?

SIZE TESTs
    155x155
    136x128
    128x128
    Please test the different sizes and let me know what one you prefer!

Check back to see ?

???????*♂️?*♀️*♂️**♀️**?*?*?*???*???????????????????????????????????????*?*??????️*⚧️

If you like what I've done show some LOVE by hitting that thumbs up :good: Thanks :highfive:
    You could go one step further by buying me a slice of pizza! ???