Root is coming I think! Look Here

Search This thread

ryanyz10

May 17, 2014
Just sayin', no one said he was working on it, just that Gran is willing and we're on the schedule...

DoLooper

Oct 1, 2014
Yeah, no one said that, and just cuz someone said they'd send one doesn't mean they actually did.

Tjthespriter

Feb 28, 2015
Doesn't work

I tried it on my kindle fire hd 6 4.5.2 apparently it's for another different version or just doesn't work :(. :(

AlbusAngelus

May 21, 2009
Springfield, Mo
Just a question,
Could a successful root method mean chromecast support?, I really dont want yet another dongle hanging off my tv (firestick) and I am finding some stuff I like on Prime instant vid

What do you mean by chromecast support? I use my chromecast all the time on my Fire HD 6. I guess not to stream brosing, but I use it with localcast, and allcast was working too up until the last update.

Polochamps

Dec 22, 2014
[–]GranPC 1 point 1 day ago
Do you mean fonts or the thumbnails in the new tab page?

[–]Polochamps 1 point 1 day ago
OT: Hey GranPC, you're working on the FireHD6&7 2014?

[–]GranPC 1 point 1 day ago
No. I don't have one. I'm not going to buy one for that stuff, sorry. A few people have reached out to supposedly give me one, but nobody ever followed through.

[–]Polochamps 1 point 1 day ago
Oh! Thought the ones who offered actually were committed folks. Maybe I'll just post an update on the xda thread because from what I read I believe some folks are actually expecting that a deal was made and you're working on it.

Thanks buddy! Cheers!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/elementaryos/comments/2z7wxi/weird_font_stretching_in_midori_and_chrome_anyone/

tarvoke

Mar 8, 2011
Slightly Outside America
I wrote to gran on Feb.14 saying I would send one immediately. he wrote back later that same day, saying someone else had already offered.

I never heard anything again about it. so, didn't know that whoever that was, didn't follow through.

if he'd said OK to me, he already have an HD6 as of, like, Feb.18.

and my offer to send him one still stands, btw.

edgar.vrgs

Mar 5, 2015
I wrote to gran on Feb.14 saying I would send one immediately. he wrote back later that same day, saying someone else had already offered.

I never heard anything again about it. so, didn't know that whoever that was, didn't follow through.

if he'd said OK to me, he already have an HD6 as of, like, Feb.18.

and my offer to send him one still stands, btw.

Do you need me to get an address from him? he still waiting on somebody to send him one. I can help with the shipping fees. lmk

edgar.vrgs

Mar 5, 2015
Gran pc would finally get an hd6 today or tomorrow thanks to our buddy ''tarvoke''.
Lets all thank gran and tarvoke for their effords on trying to make a root method happen

Reactions: guitardoc64

Top Liked Posts