• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[root] KF2 has updated to 10.2.3 - there goes root and gapps [edit: rooted again!]

Search This thread

neutopian

Jun 20, 2010
San Francisco
So, all my work to get mine set up is undone, play store is gone, ads are back, etc..the voodoo root protector app failed completely.

Worse, the qemu exploits are not working.

On the plus side, Swype was recoverable with the nook advanced settings tool..

I eagerly await the next method.

Edit: And we're back, Baby! I had success getting root back via the MANY ANDROID method mentioned by bodi524 below..I had to run it twice, but then it was all good. Didn't even have to rerun the qemu bits!

Last edited:

nFiniti

Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque
Did the device auto update or you updated hoping for the best? I was reading up that they are going to release an update any day now that will break it pulling the stuff that allows us to exploit root. Mine still has not come in the mail yet. I'm expecting it will be here by Wednesday of next week :( soo long. I'll give it till then for something to be done or it will be shipped back.

CreaB

Jul 26, 2010
Hey there!

I've tried the different Methods to gain root acces aganin after the Update to Version 10.2.3 but without success.
The Problem (while using qemu-method) is the step with build.prop -> "Permission denied".

Ca anybody give a hint how to gain root access again?
Also ca anybody give me a hint, if the original Kindle fire ROMS would work on kindle fire v2?

Im new to Kindle fire, only worked with different HTC-Phones till now, so maybe there is some help? =)

Thanks in advance!

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
Check post above yours for root. I had to use both methods in that thread. Do not be afraid if the phone is hanging after the first method, the second method brings it through.
Sent from my KFOT

orso7

Nov 27, 2009
with your help i've managed to root on 10.2.3
is there a way to stop the kindle from auto updating?
because without gplay store i can't use it (german kindle in austria-> amazon appstore won't "buy" things)

Last edited:

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Uh oh. 10.2.4 just hit my kindle. I'm going to try to re-root, but it even nailed OTA rootkeeper. Amazon keeps getting smarter. I kinda wish they would just let us enjoy our awesome 7" tablet with gorgeous ips display and leave it alone.

It's bad enough there's no KFU or FFF for the Fire 2 so we're stuck on rooted stock instead of being able to install ICS proper, or jellybean.

Sent from my KFOT using xda app-developers app

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Just hit mine too, laptops playing up so going to try again tomorrow, let me know how you get on please agent.

It worked. It took a couple tries, but it worked. Now it's kinda weird though, rather than saying "<app> has been granted root permission" it says now "<app> has been granted root permission for an interactive shell", but it still works.

Reactions: BookCase and Rix

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
It worked. It took a couple tries, but it worked. Now it's kinda weird though, rather than saying "<app> has been granted root permission" it says now "<app> has been granted root permission for an interactive shell", but it still works.

How did you get root on 10.24.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Ok just rerunf both exploits in order it will work eventually now rooted on 10.24 now to delete that ota.certs

brorth

May 28, 2008
Try this method to root 10.2.3
It worked for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35156970

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

This worked for 10.2.4 also,.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Ok just rerunf both exploits in order it will work eventually now rooted on 10.24 now to delete that ota.certs

I'm on that hunt myself. I've installed Droidwall until I find it, but I'd rather just disable the updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It worked for me.

So, all my work to get mine set up is undone, play store is gone, ads are back, etc..the voodoo root protector app failed completely.

Worse, the qemu exploits are not working.

On the plus side, Swype was recoverable with the nook advanced settings tool..

I eagerly await the next method.

Edit: And we're back, Baby! I had success getting root back via the MANY ANDROID method mentioned by bodi524 below..I had to run it twice, but then it was all good. Didn't even have to rerun the qemu bits!
    Just hit mine too, laptops playing up so going to try again tomorrow, let me know how you get on please agent.

It worked for me.

This Root Method works for the 10.2.3 Update.
    This was my 1st try after failing the qemu root
    Can you pm me a link to where you downloaded and installed without any issues? Thanks, in advance!

All I did was root it using the link on the first page, then manually copy over every file from gapps then chmod each one. Rebooted and was good to go with root and gapps. Gapps can be grabbed from goo.im/gapps

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium