[Root] Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.1.0 [CLOSING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
Straight copy of jcase's post here, with only modified binaries.

jcase's words:
Please do not donate to me for this, it is not my original work. If you want to donate, I suggest finding a way to donate to fi01 (not aware of a way or if he accepts them) or donating to a charity. It is the holiday times, maybe a toys for tots or something similar. I know a lot of ppl dislike the salvation army, and I can't stand up with some of the things they do, but their toy donation program is good and they do get the toys to kids who really have no other option, maybe drop off some new toys? May be food to a food bank?

Source: https://github.com/hiikezoe/android_run_root_shell

Vuln:
https://www.codeaurora.org/projects/...-cve-2013-6282

Exploit Source:
https://github.com/fi01/libput_user_exploit

Credits go to fi01 and jcase.

File kindlehd2013_root.zip contains 3 files, exploit, rootme.sh and su.
The file root_script.zip contains the same 3 files, plus adb binaries for linux and windows, and a windows script.

adb push su /data/local/tmp/
adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"

Install Instructions:
  1. Download the root_script.zip, and unzip it to a folder.
  2. If you are on windows, run the runme.bat file, and you should be done.
  3. On linux, navigate to the folder you unzipped the files in using the terminal, and run the commands above.
  4. You are rooted!
  5. If you want to control access to root, I reccomend you install supersu or superuser, just sideload the apk or install it from 1mobile market. On superuser you may need to update the su binary and restart your kindle. Otherwise every app that requests root will get it.
Thanks to slayer615 for the script!

Attachments

• kindlehd2013_root.zip
    114.1 KB · Views: 18,403
  • root_script.zip
    681.4 KB · Views: 24,580
Last edited:

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I see the script has been made which is awesome. That was quick lol. For those going manually you download the zip, extract the files open and save them files into a directory. Then CD from that directory using the commands listed in OP to push said files.

Last edited:

And0rDrakon

Nov 22, 2013
Legend

Moronnig - You are a legend, thanks so much for you work on this and of course Jcase & FI01. Cant wait to see this bad boy running proper android!!!!!!!!!!!!

L337gorth

Jun 27, 2011
Works here!

Good job!

Did you just go with "Huh, it's not even trying perf_swevent... Let's make the device entry for it and give 'er a shot!"?

Re5p3ct00

Apr 8, 2012
Problem

Hallo,

ich habe folgendes Problem, dass mein Kinde nicht bei ADB DEVICES angezeigt wird und somit den Root-Vorgang nicht vollenden kann..Hat da jemand eine Idee :/?

Translate;

Hello,

I have the following problem that my child will not be displayed with ADB DEVICES and thus the root operation can not complete .. Does anyone have an idea :/?

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
Hallo,

ich habe folgendes Problem, dass mein Kinde nicht bei ADB DEVICES angezeigt wird und somit den Root-Vorgang nicht vollenden kann..Hat da jemand eine Idee :/?

Translate;

Hello,

I have the following problem that my child will not be displayed with ADB DEVICES and thus the root operation can not complete .. Does anyone have an idea :/?

Install the adb drivers from here

chizoorg

Jun 23, 2009
hi moronig,

thank you very much for that really fast solution! :) i would like to now if i could check if the rooting process succeeded? and my 2nd question, what about custom roms?

thank you

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
hi moronig,

thank you very much for that really fast solution! :) i would like to now if i could check if the rooting process succeeded? and my 2nd question, what about custom roms?

thank you

The easiest way to check is by opening an adb shell then typing 'su'.
If you get a hash (#) prompt, you have root.

Alternatively you can install Supersu or superuser, or any app which requires root.

palladin

Apr 19, 2008
London
Excellent work! The root method worked flawlessly. I noticed the hardware is not all that different from 2012 edition.
Would the custom roms for KFH2 have any chance of running on the new one?
Also should we bother with installing a recovery manager at this stage?
I'm hoping we can get some devs on the bandwagon now and start pumping some custom roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Straight copy of jcase's post here, with only modified binaries.

jcase's words:
    Please do not donate to me for this, it is not my original work. If you want to donate, I suggest finding a way to donate to fi01 (not aware of a way or if he accepts them) or donating to a charity. It is the holiday times, maybe a toys for tots or something similar. I know a lot of ppl dislike the salvation army, and I can't stand up with some of the things they do, but their toy donation program is good and they do get the toys to kids who really have no other option, maybe drop off some new toys? May be food to a food bank?

Source: https://github.com/hiikezoe/android_run_root_shell

Vuln:
    https://www.codeaurora.org/projects/...-cve-2013-6282

Exploit Source:
    https://github.com/fi01/libput_user_exploit

Credits go to fi01 and jcase.

File kindlehd2013_root.zip contains 3 files, exploit, rootme.sh and su.
    The file root_script.zip contains the same 3 files, plus adb binaries for linux and windows, and a windows script.

adb push su /data/local/tmp/
    adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
    adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"

Install Instructions:
    1. Download the root_script.zip, and unzip it to a folder.
    2. If you are on windows, run the runme.bat file, and you should be done.
    3. On linux, navigate to the folder you unzipped the files in using the terminal, and run the commands above.
    4. You are rooted!
    5. If you want to control access to root, I reccomend you install supersu or superuser, just sideload the apk or install it from 1mobile market. On superuser you may need to update the su binary and restart your kindle. Otherwise every app that requests root will get it.
    Thanks to slayer615 for the script!
    Firerooter 0.2.2 released. It now uses the Nexus adb drivers since they suck less on Windows. It also has a new fancy icon (thanks fraubi89!!) and the code is less crappy. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.
    Yo yo yo here's the super early version of the restore tool I've been giving around: https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.1.zip

It's not really polished yet, but it definitely works to restore devices. You'll need to be able to boot to fastboot and you'll need the Windows drivers (link in the troubleshoot window)

Here's the sauce: https://github.com/GranPC/kindleroot

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh yeah -- feel free to email me at gran.pc@gmail.com if anything goes wrong.
    Created a small automated script:
    https://db.tt/zPGylWuQ
    How far up your ass did you have to go to pull that out?

First of all, when a Kindle is bricked you are correct in that it does not have adb. However we flash a system image that does enable adb. Your point is moot. The only problem with it is that Windows sucks at drivers.

Also, I didn't release the new system because I've obviously partnered with Amazon to ensure people are scared of rooting, duh! It's not because a tester told me it irreparably bricked their tablet, that's bull****. I'm just an evil developer.

As a final note, I would like to encourage you to return your Kindle. I'd rather not support dickwads like you.

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app

Wow, all these posts are making me feel sorry for devs. I'm starting to think that the more you put forth to the community, the more people expect of you. I'm a lowly leech that has a passion for testing and a love for android, who occasionally can provide feedback or very minimal support. I rarely post, have never demanded anything and just love to read. I'm currently running ice and living the dream. But I bought my Kindle on a whim, and wasn't concerned about brick. Gran if you left the community today your contributions thus far are still awe inspiring. Its hard for me to even fathom how much time, effort and thought has went into your work (non paying hobby). I hope you're still feeling joy, happiness, and a sense of accomplishment from your contributions, not tired and burdened. Regardless big thanks to you!!! Final note - if a user gets that mad about waiting for a tested fix imagine how upset they'd be over a permabrick.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app