[root] Kingroot

Search This thread

Pariahnoble

Nov 19, 2013
plus.google.com
It worked!!!! By the God's!!!! On ota 2.2.1!!! I don't have access to a PC and when I got to one it was xp and didn't work on adb, after a catastrophic recovery fail. I got lucky and got a full ota to flash in nvidias stock recovery but ended up with no root. I thought I was gonna be stuck for a month until family visited with a laptop.... This worked enough to use flashify !!! Thanks for the heads up

Sjamaan

Jul 22, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
Worked for me too.

First three times the operation was unsucessful and the tablet rebooted itself, but then I remember to activate USB depuration and that was it! Rooted at Last.

Reactions: Pariahnoble

JohnK71

Sep 13, 2014
Lebanon, PA
LG V60 ThinQ
Yes, USB debugging was on. It rebooted and I kept trying. After I don't know how many times it finally worked! Lol. Never changed anything. It's rooted now and TWRP is up and running with super su beta installed.

ThunderArts

Oct 3, 2014
I tried 4.1 and 4.0.5 and both failed at ~20% (tablet reboots). After many attempts I tried it with KingRoot PC and it failed also.
(I have the SHIELD Tablet WiFi version with 5.1 (OTA 3.0) installed.

Do I need to wait for a better root method or is there another way for 5.1?

JohnK71

Sep 13, 2014
Lebanon, PA
LG V60 ThinQ
I tried 4.1 and 4.0.5 and both failed at ~20% (tablet reboots). After many attempts I tried it with KingRoot PC and it failed also.
(I have the SHIELD Tablet WiFi version with 5.1 (OTA 3.0) installed.

Do I need to wait for a better root method or is there another way for 5.1?

I had the same problem with KingRoot 4.1 on the Shield Tablet 5.1 and I made sure no Anti-Virus was running and tried it MANY times with a lot of reboots. I would clean the cache and data and stop the app in between fails. I just kept trying and then one time it worked. Not sure why it takes awhile other than it hooks to the server and looks for a way to root the tablet. I finally got mine rooted and TWRP installed and now have Super SU installed. Used root uninstaller to remove KingUser.

kongha

Sep 23, 2014
Thank you for the info. in this thread. My tablet didnt want to root but after some tries it worked.

w0rtez

May 27, 2013
have any1 tried to replace KingUser with SuperSU, as in the post it says:
5. Install SuperSu to replace KingUser may be cause some unknown error, although you do can do this.

But i want to know if any1 have tried this...

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to share with you that i just successfully rooted my shield with Kingroot

It is just install apk, touch root and wait.

It rebooted my tlet thefirst try,but worked the second one! No wipe, no flash, no data loss :)

It worked with my galaxy mini s5 too...
    Yes, OTA 3.0 rooted using kingroot, y just installed it to try and viola.
    Worked for me too.

First three times the operation was unsucessful and the tablet rebooted itself, but then I remember to activate USB depuration and that was it! Rooted at Last.
    Anyone have a link to the APK?
    Confirmed on ota 3