1. activate developer options on the Tablet
2. enable Bootloader-Unlock on the Tablet
3. download and install ADB und fastboot
4. latest usb driver on your PC

5. download TWRP TWRP-3.0.2_TB-X103F-beta.img
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70228684&postcount=65

6. download SuperSu zip file

Steps:

1.) boot to fastboot -> shutdown your device -> press on/off + "+" Volumekey → device restarts to fastboot mode

2.) connect to your pc via usb cable

3.) start command shell (cmd) in the fastboot instalation folder on your PC and check for the device connection with the command:
"fastboot devices"

4.) do the unlocking
"fastboot oem unlock-go"

5.) boot TWRP image file in the command line, showing the pathway to the .img file (if not in the same folder):
fastboot boot TWRP-3.0.2_TB-X103F-beta.img

6.) Put SuperSu zip file in the device memory and flash SuperSu zip with TWRP, then restart the device. Done!!!!

Last edited:

Steridroid

Jan 20, 2017
Stock recovery remains

Root Lenovo Tab 10 TB-X103F (Tested)

Steps:

1.) boot to fastboot -> shutdown your device -> press on/off + "+" Volumekey → device restarts to fastboot mode

3.) start command shell (cmd) in the fastboot instalation folder on your PC and check for the device connection with the command:
"fastboot devices"

4.) do the unlocking
"fastboot oem unlock-go"

5.) boot TWRP image file in the command line, showing the pathway to the file:
TWRP-3.0.2_TB-X103F-beta.img

6.) Put SuperSu zip file in the device memory and flash SuperSu zip with TWRP, then restart the device. Done!!!!

I have done all the steps but For some reason twrp is not installed and i still have the stock recovery. Please help

Codec101

Jan 5, 2011
That's because the above only boots TWRP to root but does not install it. To install TWRP, when in booted with TWRP, you need to transfer the TWRP img to the tablet storage and then install it while in TWRP.

RooterLeopold

Mar 3, 2018
it is important to show the pathway to the file TWRP-3.0.2_TB-X103F-beta.img in the command line, like:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\My Videos\TWRP-3.0.2_TB-X103F-beta.img

TB-X103F

May 2, 2018
Sorry for this newbie question.

Which part of the above rooting steps is rooting my tablet, what is TWRP doing and why do I need to install the SuperSU app?

During my first try I didn't boot the TWRP image rather I flashed it. But that didn't help at all.
After booting the TWRP image I was able to flash the SuperSU app.
The stock recovery is still in use.

Thanks in advance.

RooterLeopold

Mar 3, 2018
Read the steps carefully and follow the steps, it is a tested successfull strategy. To get deep knowlege about the background processes, please read the threads elsewhere in Web.

ShottaDopey

May 10, 2018
Yow how do you enter Fastboot on the tablet and i haved tied avery button on the tablet and i dont see the fastboot option

filesponge

Jan 3, 2009
Entering Fastboot on Lenovo TB-X103F tablet

Yow how do you enter Fastboot on the tablet and i haved tied avery button on the tablet and i dont see the fastboot option

Hi everyone. I just want to clarify something about this procedure :) There's a lot of people being confused on how to get into FASTBOOT on some things, and that's stopping them getting anywhere from the beginning.

The Lenovo TB-X103F tablet doesn't have a way of booting directly into FASTBOOT. Turning the tablet On while holding either volume key and the On button doesn't do it directly. . . . . Firstly, there's 3 buttons on the tablet, I call them VOL- VOL+ PWR (again, that's just to clarify things 100%)

here's what must be done (well it's this way on the 3 I have on my desk, so I assume all TB-X103F tablets are the same) . . . . .

1) Turn the tablet off completely.
2) Press & hold the VOL+ button (the middle of the 3 buttons).
3) Press & hold the PWR button, release the PWR button as soon as anything appears on screen - Keep holding VOL+ button.
4) After about 8 seconds the familiar green android lay down will appear. Then, your recovery menu will appear.
5) Release the VOL+ button anytime now.
6) Press either VOL button to select BOOTLOADER on the menu (Bootloader is the same as FASTBOOT on this menu, that's where the confusion lies for many users).
7) Got Bootloader selected? now press PWR and let the tablet reboot itself.
8) it will show the LENOVO logo, and appear to be stuck - it isn't :) It's in Fastboot mode.
9) Plug in your USB to PC cable, and it'll install appropriate drivers on the PC (hopefully eh?).
10) Once the drivers are installed, test it by getting a Command Prompt in your ADB/FASTBOOT folder on your PC . . . .
11) type the command FASTBOOT DEVICES It should show you that your device is connected, if it shows no devices then either it didn't install the drivers, or something
else is wrong (there's about 30 things that can have gone wrong here, too many to go through in this quick guide).
12) The tablet will stay in FASTBOOT/BOOTLOADER mode until you turn it off (or the battery goes flat lol). So stay calm, there's no rush :)
I've mentioned about there being no rush, because if you choose ADB connecting from the recovery menu, it disconnects automatically after about 5 minutes -
This is Important to know because it can disconnect while you're pushing/pulling files from the tablet, and cause really nasty problems. Bad design eh?
But we're in Fastboot mode, so nothing to worry about like that :)

killertruth186

Aug 28, 2016
Successful root

It was hard, but I had finally had done it. I had figured it out it is easier just to go to the command prompt (I ran it under admin) and "cd C:/adb" (where you installed the adb fastboot software) while having the TWRP image file being placed there. I only wished that I had done it sooner. And for those who are new to the custom recovery it can be overwealming, but with patience and going through the files in the file explorer to find your main storage would lead you to the SuperSU file and successfully root your device.

SynGamer

Dec 1, 2010
Toronto
I flashed TWRP...now what? I can't find any instructions on how to reboot into TWRP. I got into some sort of Chinese menu (PWR + VOL-) but I'm pretty sure this is the device test menu.

samblaster923

May 15, 2017
So I did the "fastboot oem unlock-go" command and adb said ok but my tablet just went to a black screen and won't turn on now and I'm not sure why. I also heard the Windows USB disconnect sound when i did it.

EdKo66

Aug 31, 2009
Rhoon
www.voorugezien.nl
Since a few months my tablet is stuck with the 'password changed, wait....' message. I had hoped that I could overcome this with the steps mentioned here. But unfortunately not :(
I can't start it anymore, so I'm not sure if it is in developers mode or not. Also, plugging the device in my mac didn't let it download the drivers.

Too bad, because when it was working it was a great tablet, now it's just a expensive drawer filler :(

Boefdaan

Dec 23, 2020
"fastboot devices"

fastboot shows notting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Lenovo Tab 10 TB-X103F (Tested)

Steps:

"fastboot devices"

4.) do the unlocking
    "fastboot oem unlock-go"

5.) boot TWRP image file in the command line, showing the pathway to the .img file (if not in the same folder):
    fastboot boot TWRP-3.0.2_TB-X103F-beta.img

Entering Fastboot on Lenovo TB-X103F tablet

Hi everyone. I just want to clarify something about this procedure :) There's a lot of people being confused on how to get into FASTBOOT on some things, and that's stopping them getting anywhere from the beginning.

The Lenovo TB-X103F tablet doesn't have a way of booting directly into FASTBOOT. Turning the tablet On while holding either volume key and the On button doesn't do it directly. . . . . Firstly, there's 3 buttons on the tablet, I call them VOL- VOL+ PWR (again, that's just to clarify things 100%)

here's what must be done (well it's this way on the 3 I have on my desk, so I assume all TB-X103F tablets are the same) . . . . .

1) Turn the tablet off completely.
    2) Press & hold the VOL+ button (the middle of the 3 buttons).
    3) Press & hold the PWR button, release the PWR button as soon as anything appears on screen - Keep holding VOL+ button.
    4) After about 8 seconds the familiar green android lay down will appear. Then, your recovery menu will appear.
    5) Release the VOL+ button anytime now.
    6) Press either VOL button to select BOOTLOADER on the menu (Bootloader is the same as FASTBOOT on this menu, that's where the confusion lies for many users).
    7) Got Bootloader selected? now press PWR and let the tablet reboot itself.
    8) it will show the LENOVO logo, and appear to be stuck - it isn't :) It's in Fastboot mode.
    9) Plug in your USB to PC cable, and it'll install appropriate drivers on the PC (hopefully eh?).
    10) Once the drivers are installed, test it by getting a Command Prompt in your ADB/FASTBOOT folder on your PC . . . .
    11) type the command FASTBOOT DEVICES It should show you that your device is connected, if it shows no devices then either it didn't install the drivers, or something
    else is wrong (there's about 30 things that can have gone wrong here, too many to go through in this quick guide).
    12) The tablet will stay in FASTBOOT/BOOTLOADER mode until you turn it off (or the battery goes flat lol). So stay calm, there's no rush :)
    I've mentioned about there being no rush, because if you choose ADB connecting from the recovery menu, it disconnects automatically after about 5 minutes -
    This is Important to know because it can disconnect while you're pushing/pulling files from the tablet, and cause really nasty problems. Bad design eh?
    But we're in Fastboot mode, so nothing to worry about like that :)
    Would this work with the TB-X104F running 8.1?