(ROOT, MAGISK) How do I spoof my device as any custom model

Search This thread
Jul 27, 2022
Hello,

I have an ALLDOCUBE kPad running crDroid (Android 12L) with Magisk installed. The ROM (by default, might I add that it's a Treble GSI) is spoofed as a Pixel 6 Pro. Now I wouldn't mind this if it weren't for other apps detecting it as a phone instead of a tablet (for example, Spotify thinks my device is a phone so it dosen't allow me to play any song I want). Does anyone have a solution or Magisk module that allows me to spoof my device as ANY device?

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps me in this.

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
If device's Android is rooted you can change device's brand & model as also its resolution by editing Android's system file named build.prop what is located in /system partition.

Basically a tablet and a phone only differs in its resolution setting, means either landscape or portrait.

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
Thanks, but while editing build.prop, how to I edit it to tell apps that it's a tablet?
Set resolution ( wm size setting WxH) to 1920 x 1080, if it should minic a tablet, set resolution to 1080x1920 if it should mimic a phone.

Take note that everytime when Android boots, it will read the build.prop file and set parameters pointed by it accordingly. After it has booted, it will not access that file dynamically to change parameters - in contrast to Windows OS. So for any change to take effect, a reboot is compulsary, you cannot escape it.