[ROOT][MAGISK][OREO/PIE] Magisk 18.0+

LameMonster82

Apr 15, 2017
localhost

Magisk 18.0+ for the LG G7 ThinQ

This is a collection of Magisk pre-patched/pre-rooted Boot images i made for the LG G7 ThinQ European model (G710EM). This thread will also guide you how to

If you happened to have a G7 ThinQ (G710EM) or any other model that is running European Oreo/Pie firmware AND it's bootloader unlocked you can easily install a boot image according to your firmware version.​

Warranty void and a disclaimer:
Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you break/brick your phone, be transported to place in or outside the universe, cthulhu deciding he had enough of you/us or the big bang but in reverse. Happened too many times already.
Warning: You have to choose the correct firmware version otherwise you may not boot

Warning: This is only for the European firmware. Other firmwares are not supported and it's not guarantee you will boot

Step 1: Unlock your bootloader.

Step 2: Install Magisk
If you just unlocked your bootloader you probably still have the files you just used and also got a little bit familiar with fastboot.
If you don't have them read Step 1 and download the tools linked there.

First before you do anything we need to know what firmware version are you running (very important):
  • Open "Settings" on your phone
  • Navigate to "System" Tab on the left
  • Scroll down to "About phone"
  • Go to "Software info"
  • Look at "Software version"
Now there it should say your phone model + firmware version
Your firmware version should look like " 10j , 20b , 10q etc.. "
Or any combination of that sort. Remember it.

Now go to the collection of boot images here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NtbfxAbYLeQNryPg0odgLa8hBgabrH3j

There are folders with different firmware version. Go to the one you just remembered. (Ignore the ones with G710N on them)
The layout of the folder is:

Code:
boot_ xx .img            - Stock un-edited boot images. For when you want to go back.
boot_ xx -magisk.img - Magisk pre-patched one. This is the one you're looking for.
twrp_ xx .img           - TWRP Recovery boot image. Not useful for running Stock firmware. Ignore it

Download boot_ xx -magisk.img . This is the one you need.
Now, using the tools from before open your command prompt and type:
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a [location of your boot image file]
fastboot flash boot_b [location of your boot image file]
The best way to get the location is to "drag and drop" the file inside the command prompt.

After successful flash reboot the phone using the power button and you will have Magisk installed on your phone :victory:

Congratulations you did it!​

Join our Telegram Group here:
>> t.me/lgg7thinqmain <<

XDA:DevDB Information
[OREO/PIE][ROOT] Magisk 18.0+, Tool/Utility for the LG G7 ThinQ

Contributors
LameMonster82

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Lol any

Created 2019-08-06
Last Updated 2019-08-06

Last edited:

louie_yo

Apr 21, 2011
hi,

how can i update the phone after it was rooted? i've received an update notification via OTA, however it fails installation. i don't want to unroot it, just wanna update. thank you in advance!

Syrop

Jun 2, 2006
hi,

how can i update the phone after it was rooted? i've received an update notification via OTA, however it fails installation. i don't want to unroot it, just wanna update. thank you in advance!
you can't use OTA
you have to flash kdz and then flash boot.img with magisk
it's easy