[ROOT][MAGISK][OREO/PIE] Magisk 18.0+

daniel.ross

Nov 25, 2010
I attached image to my previous post. But instructions are also in this thread. Pay attention not only to numbers 30b, but also to security patch date. As you can see it is different for different LG G7 phones.
They must be the same, otherwise you will get bootloop.
I haven't been able to get the boot file that you linked initially and I thought it was expired. It was my PC security that was blocking access though. I have since downloaded on my phone, copied to PC and rooted the phone. No bootloop.
Thank you for your reply.

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
I haven't been able to get the boot file that you linked initially and I thought it was expired. It was my PC security that was blocking access though. I have since downloaded on my phone, copied to PC and rooted the phone. No bootloop.
Thank you for your reply.
Good. Press 'Thanks' button bellow my post than :)

xuvvy

Jan 28, 2020
I also have TIM, I have installed the 807 KDZ file. Is there any way to extract the boot image from my device or from the KDZ file? I would love to patch Magisk to it myself. After patching boot image w/ Magisk, Magisk is a little bit "broken" and shows Magisk version as N/A, all apps have root access but there's no prompt for it (a bit of a security issue, imho, and also no control over hiding and such).

Android 10
V30b-222-01
LM-G710EM

EDIT:Extracted boot.img using firmware extracting tool

Last edited: