[ROOT][MAGISK][OREO/PIE] Magisk 18.0+

Search This thread

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
At last I learned how to make boot_v20e-magisk.img by myself. It seems nothing special just need to download correct firmware for phone and use Lg firmware extract tool to extract boot.img, then use Magisk, which is installed on the phone to patch extracted boot.img.

Last edited:

stel67

Jan 6, 2014
Athens
@Syrop
This is strange.
After flashing it, phone boots ok but all sounds are off. Even the dialer does not make any sound.
This is how I flashed it:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot_a boot_20e_op_magisk.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot_20e_op_magisk.img
fastboot reboot
How come the size of this boot img is only 25 MB ?
The one coming with kdz is 67 MB.

[edit]
I also patched the boot.img coming with G710EM20e_00_1115.kdz
The size is the patched boot image is identical to yours (25.477.120 bytes ), the files do not match.
Could it be a corruption on the google drive ?

Last edited:

Syrop

Jun 2, 2006
@Syrop
This is strange.
After flashing it, phone boots ok but all sounds are off. Even the dialer does not make any sound.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot

[edit]
The size is the patched boot image is identical to yours (25.477.120 bytes ), the files do not match.

i changed boot.product.lge.op_verity from 1 to 0 also

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
At last I learned how to make boot_v20e-magisk.img by myself. It seems nothing special just need to download correct firmware for phone and use Lg firmware extract tool to extract boot.img, then use Magisk, which is installed on the phone to patch extracted boot.img.

Me too wish to perform this action without waiting every time for other's good willing work...
One thing confusing me: when I extracted latest kdz (20e), relative dz file contains TWO boot.img files, boot.img_65286 and boot.img_163830. Which file is the right one? Size seems identical, but I prefer not to risk messing around with boot files.
Can you explicitate a little more how to proceed? :)

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
Me too wish to perform this action without waiting every time for other's good willing work...
One thing confusing me: when I extracted latest kdz (20e), relative dz file contains TWO boot.img files, boot.img_65286 and boot.img_163830. Which file is the right one? Size seems identical, but I prefer not to risk messing around with boot files.

They are identical, just names are different. Take one of these. And so you have a working phone with magisk app? Then copy this file to phone open Magisk app and choose Magisk install - > select and patch a file -> chose that file and patch. Now you have boot file with magisk, copy that file from phone to PC. Than just follow as usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonsat

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
They are identical, just names are different. Take one of these. And so you have a working phone with magisk app? Then copy this file to phone open Magisk app and choose Magisk install - > select and patch a file -> chose that file and patch. Now you have boot file with magisk and just follow later procedure written hear in topic.

Thanks for clarifing things. After my post, I realized that the two boot files were identical, just because they belong to boot_a and boot_b partitions. I should have known that! ;)

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
@Syrop
[edit]

You must be sure you have firmware, which is for you model. For example G710EM20e_00_1114.kdz and G710EM20e_00_1115.kdz boot images content is different, the same size doesn't mean they are identical. You can check that country your phone belongs to with IMEI in the firmware.
site. Magisk makes file smaller. Mine was also 25MB, but everything is good. I don't know how author of the topic retains 60MB. Maybe he plays with partitioning tools, because these images are like Linux ext2/ext4 partitions.

Last edited:
Reactions: kadyt

kadyt

Sep 30, 2019
@Syrop
This is strange.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot

[edit]

Has this happened to you with @Syrop's patched boot? It has happened to me with my own patched boot

Also for me, the boot extracted from the KDZ was 67 MB and after patching it it was 24 MB

I patched boot.img_65286 of the two boots in the kdz (see below)

Now there are not any sounds: No sounds at boot, Tidal and Spotify do not work, Poweramp says it cannot start the audio engine ...

Have you fixed it? I don't know how to follow now, if flashing the stock v20e boot again or perform a factory reset or what ...

Also after flashing the patched boot it said that the microsd was corrupted (??). But then in Windows it did not have any problems but the phone refused to recognize it (it had been working without problems just till before flashing the patched boot) I had to format it in the phone ...

For the previous OTA I patched and flashed the boot without any problems

I also realized of that, I would say that in the previous OTA there was only a boot and it was boot.img. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember to have found names like and these & two boots

I patched boot.img_65286 and ignored boot.img_163830 and it seems something did not go well this time

Thanks for clarifing things. After my post, I realized that the two boot files were identical, just because they belong to boot_a and boot_b partitions. I should have known that! ;)

I'm wondering, should the two boots be patched and flash boot.img_65286_patched in boot_a and boot.img_163830_patched in boot_b?

Again, just wondering, if doing this would fix things

But this time I prefer to wait for more opinions before doing anything else

Last edited:

stel67

Jan 6, 2014
Athens
Has this happened to you with @Syrop's patched boot? It has happened to me with my own patched boot

Also for me, the boot extracted from the KDZ was 67 MB and after patching it it was 24 MB

I patched boot.img_65286 of the two boots in the kdz (see below)

Now there are not any sounds: No sounds at boot, Tidal and Spotify do not work, Poweramp says it cannot start the audio engine ...

Have you fixed it? I don't know how to follow now, if flashing the stock v20e boot again or perform a factory reset or what ...

Also after flashing the patched boot it said that the microsd was corrupted (??). But then in Windows it did not have any problems but the phone refused to recognize it (it had been working without problems just till before flashing the patched boot) I had to format it in the phone ...

For the previous OTA I patched and flashed the boot without any problems

I also realized of that, I would say that in the previous OTA there was only a boot and it was boot.img. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember to have found names like and these & two boots

I patched boot.img_65286 and ignored boot.img_163830 and it seems something did not go well this time

I'm wondering, should the two boots be patched and flash boot.img_65286_patched in boot_a and boot.img_163830_patched in boot_b?

Again, just wondering, if doing this would fix things

But this time I prefer to wait for more opinions before doing anything else
Hi, I had exactly the same problems after using Syrop's patched boot.img
(no sound, corrupted SD card).
To solve them, I used LG bridge, the option to restore recovery.
This
A) Fixed the sound problem
B) Let me got the proper kdz for my phone
After getting the kdz, I got the boot.img and patched it.
So first use LG bridge to get back the proper boot img.

Reactions: kadyt

kadyt

Sep 30, 2019
Hi, I had exactly the same problems after using Syrop's patched boot.img
(no sound, corrupted SD card).
To solve them, I used LG bridge, the option to restore recovery.
This
A) Fixed the sound problem
B) Let me got the proper kdz for my phone
After getting the kdz, I got the boot.img and patched it.
So first use LG bridge to get back the proper boot img.

Thank you very much for the info!!

I understand that now you are in 20e stock without magisk nor root, right?

ops
sorry guys, but for me everything works correctly
will remove patched boot

@kadyt @stel67
I can only say that I've had no trouble using Syrop's patched v20e boot. Sound ok, no sd corruption.

As I said I did not use @Syrop's boot, I patched it myself from the .kdz like I did with the previous OTA - without problems then - and I've had the same problems than @stel67 had using @Syrop's boot

Why it works for some and fails for others ... ?????

I patched the boot extracted from G710EM20e_00_1115.kdz (G71020e00OPENEU1115.dz in it, it has two boots, boot.img_65286 and boot.img_163830, I patched boot.img_65286 and flashed it in boot_a and boot_b, I ignored boot.img_163830)

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

@Syrop
This is strange.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot

[edit]

G710EM20e_00_1114.kdz

@stel67 so you patched a boot coming from G710EM20e_00_1115.kdz like me? And then you had the same problems?

I first understood that you had used @Syrop's patched boot but if his boot comes from G710EM20e_00_1114.kdz and gives no problem, maybe the problem is in the .kdz version

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    71h3Zit.png

Magisk 18.0+ for the LG G7 ThinQ

This is a collection of Magisk pre-patched/pre-rooted Boot images i made for the LG G7 ThinQ European model (G710EM). This thread will also guide you how to

If you happened to have a G7 ThinQ (G710EM) or any other model that is running European Oreo/Pie firmware AND it's bootloader unlocked you can easily install a boot image according to your firmware version.​

Warranty void and a disclaimer:
    Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you break/brick your phone, be transported to place in or outside the universe, cthulhu deciding he had enough of you/us or the big bang but in reverse. Happened too many times already.

Warning: You have to choose the correct firmware version otherwise you may not boot

Warning: This is only for the European firmware. Other firmwares are not supported and it's not guarantee you will boot

Step 1: Unlock your bootloader.

Step 2: Install Magisk
    If you just unlocked your bootloader you probably still have the files you just used and also got a little bit familiar with fastboot.
    If you don't have them read Step 1 and download the tools linked there.

First before you do anything we need to know what firmware version are you running (very important):
    • Open "Settings" on your phone
    • Navigate to "System" Tab on the left
    • Scroll down to "About phone"
    • Go to "Software info"
    • Look at "Software version"
    Now there it should say your phone model + firmware version
    Your firmware version should look like " 10j , 20b , 10q etc.. "
    Or any combination of that sort. Remember it.

Now go to the collection of boot images here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NtbfxAbYLeQNryPg0odgLa8hBgabrH3j

There are folders with different firmware version. Go to the one you just remembered. (Ignore the ones with G710N on them)
    The layout of the folder is:

Code:
    boot_ xx .img            - Stock un-edited boot images. For when you want to go back.
    boot_ xx -magisk.img - Magisk pre-patched one. This is the one you're looking for.
    twrp_ xx .img           - TWRP Recovery boot image. Not useful for running Stock firmware. Ignore it

Download boot_ xx -magisk.img . This is the one you need.
    Now, using the tools from before open your command prompt and type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a [location of your boot image file]
    fastboot flash boot_b [location of your boot image file]

The best way to get the location is to "drag and drop" the file inside the command prompt.

After successful flash reboot the phone using the power button and you will have Magisk installed on your phone :victory:

Congratulations you did it!​

Join our Telegram Group here:
    >> t.me/lgg7thinqmain <<

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OREO/PIE][ROOT] Magisk 18.0+, Tool/Utility for the LG G7 ThinQ

Contributors
    LameMonster82

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Lol any

Created 2019-08-06
    Last Updated 2019-08-06
    I've just uploaded it on GDrive if anybody else need the v20h (stock + patched)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18guHl0uESZdunJU1vBHxBPdFzN18JHlK
    @jonsat,
    Greetings from Athens/Greece. I have an unbranded Spanish G7.
    I assume you have the USB debug enabled on your phone.
    use lg bridge and ask it to perform the update. Once the update is found, it starts downloading the kdz. This is stored at
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image
    Downloading takes sometime. Go to that directory and check the name of the file
    Once this is done, it starts copying the kdz to your phone. This is the time to copy the kdz to another directory so you can work with it.
    You can create a cmd file to do this copy, so you will not waste your time waiting for the whole file to be downloaded. This is the cmd I created.
    This checks every 5 seconds if the file has been fully downloaded. Once it has been downloaded, it copies it to your home directory and exits.

Code:
    echo starting
    :begin
    timeout 5
    copy "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image\*.kdz" %USERPROFILE%\ 
    if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO begin

Wait for LG Bridget to finish the update and reboot the phone
    To create the images yourself, you need LG_Firmware_Extract_v1.2.6.1 tool.
    You select the kdz file, tick the dz file, then you press the "Extract KDZ" button and wait for the extraction to finish.
    b3WnH3w.png

Then you select the dz created at previous step.
    Scroll down the second box and tick the file named boot something. Press the "Extract DZ" button. This will get you the default boot.img.
    (I hope you can see the second print screen as well)
    LyIVIcr.png

Copy this boot.img to your phone
    Open magisk manager. It should complain that magisk is not installed. Click install and select the zip file you uploaded. This will create the magisk_patched.img needed for your phone. Donwload it to your PC and then business as usual:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
    fastboot reboot
    Good luck
    thanks stel67 for tutorial

is working!!!!

post 103

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

here files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vs81qar1v4ul3b8/LG_G7_Boot_V20i_Magisk.rar/file