[ROOT][MAGISK][OREO/PIE] Magisk 18.0+

strit20deco

Dec 19, 2017
thanks a lot that is what i looked for

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Hello there, i managed to patch the V20M boot.img, Here is the link. Just to know, it's for Tim Italian version.

https://mega.nz/#!w4cHQSaR!2NqeBHALRe6ZGpvvFK6lPQ23L1P4ksIC-6e2jcBrgEU
thanks a lot that is what i looked for

gundstein

Apr 26, 2020
Hi,
thanks a lot for your effort. I just got a LM-G710EM with software V20j, and this is my first LG device so maybe I missed something.
I unlocked the bootloader successfully, then I flashed the magisk_patched_v20j.img. It bootet normally, but no magisk was installed and TitaniumBackup says "no root".

gundstein

Apr 26, 2020
Hi,
thanks a lot for your effort. I just got a LM-G710EM with software V20j, and this is my first LG device so maybe I missed something.
I unlocked the bootloader successfully, then I flashed the magisk_patched_v20j.img. It bootet normally, but no magisk was installed and TitaniumBackup says "no root".
Sorry my fault. After dowonloading and installing Magisk Manager (7.5.1) everything is O.K. :silly:

Reactions: alagga

Comensal

Aug 10, 2016
@jonsat,
Greetings from Athens/Greece. I have an unbranded Spanish G7.
I assume you have the USB debug enabled on your phone.
use lg bridge and ask it to perform the update. Once the update is found, it starts downloading the kdz. This is stored at
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image
Downloading takes sometime. Go to that directory and check the name of the file
Once this is done, it starts copying the kdz to your phone. This is the time to copy the kdz to another directory so you can work with it.
You can create a cmd file to do this copy, so you will not waste your time waiting for the whole file to be downloaded. This is the cmd I created.
This checks every 5 seconds if the file has been fully downloaded. Once it has been downloaded, it copies it to your home directory and exits.

Code:
echo starting
:begin
timeout 5
copy "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image\*.kdz" %USERPROFILE%\ 
if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO begin
Wait for LG Bridget to finish the update and reboot the phone
To create the images yourself, you need LG_Firmware_Extract_v1.2.6.1 tool.
You select the kdz file, tick the dz file, then you press the "Extract KDZ" button and wait for the extraction to finish.

Then you select the dz created at previous step.
Scroll down the second box and tick the file named boot something. Press the "Extract DZ" button. This will get you the default boot.img.
(I hope you can see the second print screen as well)

Copy this boot.img to your phone
Open magisk manager. It should complain that magisk is not installed. Click install and select the zip file you uploaded. This will create the magisk_patched.img needed for your phone. Donwload it to your PC and then business as usual:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
fastboot reboot
Good luck
Hia mates!

This procedure only works for European kdz?

I tried to do the same using "G710EM10d_00_OPEN_SCA_OP_0412.kdz", i was not able to extract the boot.img

Comensal

Aug 10, 2016
@komensal how come the dz is at a different directory than kdz?
Yes they are, you can choose the kdz from everywhere. Then the dz file is in lg eztractor directory.

@Comensal you selected the wrong boot from the list.

Find the one starting with "boot.img" followed by some numbers.
There is not a boot.img, just the one you see in the picture.

I tested with a european's kdz 20i and all went fine. Im not doing something wrong.

TheSura

Jan 17, 2015
Perugia
Hi guys, do you know if is it possible to use magisk on the new Android 10 update? I'd like to be sure before updating, I just need root too much... I tried to upgrade a boot image from new 30B KDZ and everything seems fine (magisk manager succeeded from rooted Android 9) but before updating I'd like to have a confirm from someone

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
Hi guys, do you know if is it possible to use magisk on the new Android 10 update? I'd like to be sure before updating, I just need root too much... I tried to upgrade a boot image from new 30B KDZ and everything seems fine (magisk manager succeeded from rooted Android 9) but before updating I'd like to have a confirm from someone
I think u can, but i cant confirm twrp for 10 stock.

If u extract the boot.img from ur rom, by qfil or decompile .kdz with kdz extractor, then u can patch it in manager and flash the .img output placed /downloads in fastboot boot_a boot_b

Reactions: TheSura

cremene

Jul 12, 2015
LG GT Thinq Android 10.

Today I receive update to Abdroid 10, LG G7 Thinq, G710EM30b_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0707.kdz, in Romania, From LG Bridge.