[ROOT][MAGISK][OREO/PIE] Magisk 18.0+

Search This thread

kadyt

Sep 30, 2019
@kadyt, after using LG bridge to restore recovery I flashed the patched boot img generated by magisk.
Now I am fine (root).

@stel67 LG Bridge is not working for me

If I click on Update error recovery it says "There no update errors that can be recovered"
And if I click on Software update, it says "Your phone is up to date"

How did you exactly do it?

Thanks

stel67

Jan 6, 2014
Athens
@kadyt
LG Bridge, connect your phone with USB. Once connected, in the "Software update", down at the right corner "Update error Recovery".
dOjkGgI.png

This always works with my phone, no matter what.
This is also a good way to grab the proper kdz for your phone.
If this does not work, you always have the option to flash the original boot.img (this is a good reason the make a copy of the kdz lg bridge will download for you).
As the last option, once you have the proper kdz, you can alway use LGUP to flash the whole kdz.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aseiel and kadyt

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
@kadyt
LG Bridge, connect your phone with USB. Once connected, in the "Software update", down at the right corner "Update error Recovery".
dOjkGgI.png

If this does not work, you always have the option to flash the original boot.img (this is a good reason the make a copy of the kdz lg bridge will download for you).
As the last option, once you have the proper kdz, you can alway use LGUP to flash the whole kdz.
Good luck.

If it doesn't work, try LG bridge "Update error Recovery", while booting the phone. It thinks, what something is bad with the phone. And you may not succeed in the first take.
Also LG Bridge download correct kdz to your PC to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image
https://xdaforums.com/lg-g5/help/location-lg-backup-files-lg-bridge-t3518395

Reactions: kadyt

kadyt

Sep 30, 2019
@kadyt
dOjkGgI.png

Good luck.

That's where when I clicked I received the "Your phone is up to date" ... anyway I've found the problem, as pointed out by @romkeris I did not choose the .kdz for my correct region, in the previous 20d the .kdz for the region that I was taking and for my correct region were the same so I did not have problems but this time they are different

Now I have patched the boot of the .kdz that corresponds to my phone and I have flashed it and sound has come back! I have not checked much more yet but probably it's OK now

Thank you very much for your help

For people that are having these problems: Check the region that corresponds to your phone here:

https://www.imeipro.info/check_lg.html

The Buyer Code is the region that you have to apply

Probably people that used in the past @Syrop's boot and worked and have failed this time suffered the same problem, probably their phones have a different buyer code and in previous OTAs the .kdz were the same than @Syrop's but not this time

Last edited:

MobytheWhale

Dec 15, 2015
I've got firmware version 20k so can I just install 20d?

Edit: oke tried it and doesn't work xD

Edit 2: got the 20k kdz from lg bridge and discovered after googling a bit that it is a customized italien version for a cell provider. i am now downloading 20e

Last edited:

washwash

May 29, 2014
sorry to bother you but i'm really stupid, if i flash the rooted magisk .img file the phone resets all the settings? if i upgrade with lgup i have to reapply the image or the root it will still be there?
i have the european EM version, and i don't really care about bootloader, i just need root, i will unlock BL with the official method or with the method described here? https://xdaforums.com/lg-g7-thinq/how-to/how-to-bootloader-unlock-g7-thinq-t-t3963568

what's the difference between the official and the method in the link above?
thank you

Last edited:

Aseiel

Aug 10, 2017
Hey, someone tried installing patched boot.img for root on LG 710N with unofficial bootloader unlock? Do You think it could work?

washwash

May 29, 2014
why can't you manage system files with root enabled? i have an older lollipop rooted android and i can do what i want with every file everywhere

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
after couple minutes after installing it the phone clooses automatly then bootloops any fixes ? ( i installed lkt module but it booted normally and after a while it rebooots automatly and bootloops)

gotynog

Dec 27, 2019
Thanks for the guide, after a few unsuccessful attempts, the boot img provided by Syrop worked for me, and my phone is correctly rooted. Cheers!
I have a question though: I also install magisk manager which invites me to download and install the magisk zip file, even though it already is rooted. Without said zip I don't seem to be able to install any module, which makes sense though. A few days ago, as I had flashed the wrong boot.img for my device (which still resulted in an indeed rooted phone but no sound at all) and was going to reflash the whole stock rom anyway, I tried installing magisk.zip and got a bootloop. Was it due to the presence of the wrong boot.img or is it magisk alone that resulted in the bootloop? I have no clue

Question is then: can I safely install the magisk.zip from magisk manager now that I have phone rooted and working perfectly? I'd like to install a few modules from magisk (especially to debloat those damn unwanted stock apps) but don't want to end up with another bootloop. Has anybody had any luck with modules? If yes which version of magisk are you using?
Thanks!

Firmware V20e-EUR

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Nothing Phone 1
Anybody knows how to replace a file in /vendor using magisk?

Trying to tweak zram.

File located in /vendor/bin/init.lge.zramswap.

I am able to replace files in /system using magisk but not in /vendor.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    71h3Zit.png

Magisk 18.0+ for the LG G7 ThinQ

This is a collection of Magisk pre-patched/pre-rooted Boot images i made for the LG G7 ThinQ European model (G710EM). This thread will also guide you how to

If you happened to have a G7 ThinQ (G710EM) or any other model that is running European Oreo/Pie firmware AND it's bootloader unlocked you can easily install a boot image according to your firmware version.​

Warranty void and a disclaimer:
    Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you break/brick your phone, be transported to place in or outside the universe, cthulhu deciding he had enough of you/us or the big bang but in reverse. Happened too many times already.

Warning: You have to choose the correct firmware version otherwise you may not boot

Warning: This is only for the European firmware. Other firmwares are not supported and it's not guarantee you will boot

Step 1: Unlock your bootloader.

Step 2: Install Magisk
    If you just unlocked your bootloader you probably still have the files you just used and also got a little bit familiar with fastboot.
    If you don't have them read Step 1 and download the tools linked there.

First before you do anything we need to know what firmware version are you running (very important):
    • Open "Settings" on your phone
    • Navigate to "System" Tab on the left
    • Scroll down to "About phone"
    • Go to "Software info"
    • Look at "Software version"
    Now there it should say your phone model + firmware version
    Your firmware version should look like " 10j , 20b , 10q etc.. "
    Or any combination of that sort. Remember it.

Now go to the collection of boot images here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NtbfxAbYLeQNryPg0odgLa8hBgabrH3j

There are folders with different firmware version. Go to the one you just remembered. (Ignore the ones with G710N on them)
    The layout of the folder is:

Code:
    boot_ xx .img            - Stock un-edited boot images. For when you want to go back.
    boot_ xx -magisk.img - Magisk pre-patched one. This is the one you're looking for.
    twrp_ xx .img           - TWRP Recovery boot image. Not useful for running Stock firmware. Ignore it

Download boot_ xx -magisk.img . This is the one you need.
    Now, using the tools from before open your command prompt and type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a [location of your boot image file]
    fastboot flash boot_b [location of your boot image file]

The best way to get the location is to "drag and drop" the file inside the command prompt.

After successful flash reboot the phone using the power button and you will have Magisk installed on your phone :victory:

Congratulations you did it!​

Join our Telegram Group here:
    >> t.me/lgg7thinqmain <<

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OREO/PIE][ROOT] Magisk 18.0+, Tool/Utility for the LG G7 ThinQ

Contributors
    LameMonster82

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Lol any

Created 2019-08-06
    Last Updated 2019-08-06
    I've just uploaded it on GDrive if anybody else need the v20h (stock + patched)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18guHl0uESZdunJU1vBHxBPdFzN18JHlK
    @jonsat,
    Greetings from Athens/Greece. I have an unbranded Spanish G7.
    I assume you have the USB debug enabled on your phone.
    use lg bridge and ask it to perform the update. Once the update is found, it starts downloading the kdz. This is stored at
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image
    Downloading takes sometime. Go to that directory and check the name of the file
    Once this is done, it starts copying the kdz to your phone. This is the time to copy the kdz to another directory so you can work with it.
    You can create a cmd file to do this copy, so you will not waste your time waiting for the whole file to be downloaded. This is the cmd I created.
    This checks every 5 seconds if the file has been fully downloaded. Once it has been downloaded, it copies it to your home directory and exits.

Code:
    echo starting
    :begin
    timeout 5
    copy "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image\*.kdz" %USERPROFILE%\ 
    if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO begin

Wait for LG Bridget to finish the update and reboot the phone
    To create the images yourself, you need LG_Firmware_Extract_v1.2.6.1 tool.
    You select the kdz file, tick the dz file, then you press the "Extract KDZ" button and wait for the extraction to finish.
    b3WnH3w.png

Then you select the dz created at previous step.
    Scroll down the second box and tick the file named boot something. Press the "Extract DZ" button. This will get you the default boot.img.
    (I hope you can see the second print screen as well)
    LyIVIcr.png

Copy this boot.img to your phone
    Open magisk manager. It should complain that magisk is not installed. Click install and select the zip file you uploaded. This will create the magisk_patched.img needed for your phone. Donwload it to your PC and then business as usual:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
    fastboot reboot
    Good luck
    thanks stel67 for tutorial

is working!!!!

post 103

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

here files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vs81qar1v4ul3b8/LG_G7_Boot_V20i_Magisk.rar/file