[ROOT][MAGISK][OREO/PIE] Magisk 18.0+

Search This thread

clitheroe1

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks... I'm a little worried about the update, fearing problems due to major Android version update...
Did you wipe everything or dirty flashed?

I used this method to update even though I wasn't cross flashing (I flashed the Open EU firmware) because I had problems with other methods I tried.

https://xdaforums.com/lg-g7-thinq/how-to/cross-flash-oreo-pie-firmwares-lg-g7-g7-t3915303

Everything was wiped but it was a reasonably straightforward process.

gius0161

unfortunately it doesn't work for me... LG G7 G710EM with v30b brand TIM (Italy)

(always bootloop)

i need to wait kdz for TIM firmware.. something was changed in boot.img

EDIT:
Finally TIM firmware is online, so.. for anyone with this firmware this is the patched image for magisk:

https://mega.nz/file/OEFWWAiL#zOoj9ioWf9a64tXDGPSjQDjX844TpUOgjwVgeUu4FIg

Last edited:

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
Android 10, 30b working. P.S. patched image made myself by following instructions.
Screenshot_20200905-195053.png
Also I would like to mention that you won't get Android 10 update suggestion over OTA, until you update your Android 9 to v20k. And always return to unpatched boot.img version before updating.

Last edited:

kakofonija

Oct 15, 2013
Rijeka
unfortunately it doesn't work for me... LG G7 G710EM with v30b brand TIM (Italy)

(always bootloop)

i need to wait kdz for TIM firmware.. something was changed in boot.img

EDIT:
Finally TIM firmware is online, so.. for anyone with this firmware this is the patched image for magisk:

https://mega.nz/file/OEFWWAiL#zOoj9ioWf9a64tXDGPSjQDjX844TpUOgjwVgeUu4FIg

please, what is your "Android security patch level" for G710EM30b_00_0807.kdz and can you see some changes from ...707.kdz?
TIA

uzzy2008

Dec 8, 2011
hi. does anyone know how to make permanent changes on oem folder? After reboot everything is reverted. The phone is rooted.

ShuAK

Jan 29, 2013
Islamabad
I m on V20b and bootloader in unlocked but now i cannot access fastboot. can someone plz tell what happened as i use to access in v10 but not after update. QFIL is also not accessing my partitions. i really need to get root.

i have tried v20G and V20i but no fastboot. i have EMW

lefttobleed

Apr 20, 2010
I m on V20b and bootloader in unlocked but now i cannot access fastboot. can someone plz tell what happened as i use to access in v10 but not after update. QFIL is also not accessing my partitions. i really need to get root.

i have tried v20G and V20i but no fastboot. i have EMW
Check for cable issues or PC driver issues. Had same problem. Reinstalled all drivers again.
For me file transfer mode also stopped working, check if yours is the same case.

HyperEscape

Apr 13, 2011
Hello,

Any one tried this successfully with US variant . I am looking for ways to root and install Magisk on my mobile with following info:

Android version

Android security patch level
November 1 , 2018

Baseband version
MPSS.AT.
4.0.c2.9-00045-5DM845_GEN.PACK-1 .160685.1 .163435.1

Kernel version

Build number
OPRI.170623.032

Software version
G710ULM11g

The OEM bootloader unlock option is enabled in the developer's settings.

I have been searching around , however no clear instructions or luck so far.

Thanks.

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
I just bought a Lg g7 on V30b-eur. Would you mind sharing the patched image you made or share instructinons on how you made it please?
Thanks
I attached image to my previous post. But instructions are also in this thread. Pay attention not only to numbers 30b, but also to security patch date. As you can see it is different for different LG G7 phones.
They must be the same, otherwise you will get bootloop.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    71h3Zit.png

Magisk 18.0+ for the LG G7 ThinQ

This is a collection of Magisk pre-patched/pre-rooted Boot images i made for the LG G7 ThinQ European model (G710EM). This thread will also guide you how to

If you happened to have a G7 ThinQ (G710EM) or any other model that is running European Oreo/Pie firmware AND it's bootloader unlocked you can easily install a boot image according to your firmware version.​

Warranty void and a disclaimer:
    Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you break/brick your phone, be transported to place in or outside the universe, cthulhu deciding he had enough of you/us or the big bang but in reverse. Happened too many times already.

Warning: You have to choose the correct firmware version otherwise you may not boot

Warning: This is only for the European firmware. Other firmwares are not supported and it's not guarantee you will boot

Step 1: Unlock your bootloader.

Step 2: Install Magisk
    If you just unlocked your bootloader you probably still have the files you just used and also got a little bit familiar with fastboot.
    If you don't have them read Step 1 and download the tools linked there.

First before you do anything we need to know what firmware version are you running (very important):
    • Open "Settings" on your phone
    • Navigate to "System" Tab on the left
    • Scroll down to "About phone"
    • Go to "Software info"
    • Look at "Software version"
    Now there it should say your phone model + firmware version
    Your firmware version should look like " 10j , 20b , 10q etc.. "
    Or any combination of that sort. Remember it.

Now go to the collection of boot images here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NtbfxAbYLeQNryPg0odgLa8hBgabrH3j

There are folders with different firmware version. Go to the one you just remembered. (Ignore the ones with G710N on them)
    The layout of the folder is:

Code:
    boot_ xx .img            - Stock un-edited boot images. For when you want to go back.
    boot_ xx -magisk.img - Magisk pre-patched one. This is the one you're looking for.
    twrp_ xx .img           - TWRP Recovery boot image. Not useful for running Stock firmware. Ignore it

Download boot_ xx -magisk.img . This is the one you need.
    Now, using the tools from before open your command prompt and type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a [location of your boot image file]
    fastboot flash boot_b [location of your boot image file]

The best way to get the location is to "drag and drop" the file inside the command prompt.

After successful flash reboot the phone using the power button and you will have Magisk installed on your phone :victory:

Congratulations you did it!​

Join our Telegram Group here:
    >> t.me/lgg7thinqmain <<

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OREO/PIE][ROOT] Magisk 18.0+, Tool/Utility for the LG G7 ThinQ

Contributors
    LameMonster82

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Lol any

Created 2019-08-06
    Last Updated 2019-08-06
    I've just uploaded it on GDrive if anybody else need the v20h (stock + patched)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18guHl0uESZdunJU1vBHxBPdFzN18JHlK
    @jonsat,
    Greetings from Athens/Greece. I have an unbranded Spanish G7.
    I assume you have the USB debug enabled on your phone.
    use lg bridge and ask it to perform the update. Once the update is found, it starts downloading the kdz. This is stored at
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image
    Downloading takes sometime. Go to that directory and check the name of the file
    Once this is done, it starts copying the kdz to your phone. This is the time to copy the kdz to another directory so you can work with it.
    You can create a cmd file to do this copy, so you will not waste your time waiting for the whole file to be downloaded. This is the cmd I created.
    This checks every 5 seconds if the file has been fully downloaded. Once it has been downloaded, it copies it to your home directory and exits.

Code:
    echo starting
    :begin
    timeout 5
    copy "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\LG Electronics\LG Bridge\SWUpgrade\Image\*.kdz" %USERPROFILE%\ 
    if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO begin

Wait for LG Bridget to finish the update and reboot the phone
    To create the images yourself, you need LG_Firmware_Extract_v1.2.6.1 tool.
    You select the kdz file, tick the dz file, then you press the "Extract KDZ" button and wait for the extraction to finish.
    b3WnH3w.png

Then you select the dz created at previous step.
    Scroll down the second box and tick the file named boot something. Press the "Extract DZ" button. This will get you the default boot.img.
    (I hope you can see the second print screen as well)
    LyIVIcr.png

Copy this boot.img to your phone
    Open magisk manager. It should complain that magisk is not installed. Click install and select the zip file you uploaded. This will create the magisk_patched.img needed for your phone. Donwload it to your PC and then business as usual:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img
    fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img
    fastboot reboot
    Good luck
    thanks stel67 for tutorial

is working!!!!

post 103

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

here files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vs81qar1v4ul3b8/LG_G7_Boot_V20i_Magisk.rar/file